Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Riots in St. Louis

susieice

Another "protest" over the aquittal of a police officer became violent. U2 announced today they were cancelling tonight's concert there to prevent any dangerous situations for the concert goers.

http://6abc.com/news/st-louis-protest-over-ex-cop-acquittal-turns-violent-32-arrested-10-officers-hurt/2420492/?sf114637747=1

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/back-to-rockville/article173724781.html

• Like 4

I was in St. Louis yesterday at a hospital when this started.  People were getting excited about it, can't say that I blame them.  I think the nurses at the infusion center were glad when we left so they could leave.  Outpatient services closed early because of it.  I'm happy we didn't see any protestors when we left town.

All this rioting is going to hurt St. Louis even more than it already has.  People that can will leave.

I'm not sure what I think about the judge implying that Smith must have had a gun because other heroine dealers do.  That is not proof.  Not saying the man didn't have a gun but that is assumption.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/a-breakdown-of-the-judge-s-ruling-in-jason-stockley/collection_4e26611c-cef0-5cd5-8c8d-edaeb34b13bb.html#8

• Like 8

Trying to find a history of the case when it happened. Here's the wiki. Apparently, there was video of Smith backing into the officer's car a couple times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Anthony_Lamar_Smith

This link offers controversy over whether Smith reached for a gun or if it was planted on him. 

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/9/15/16315388/jason-stockley-anthony-smith-trial-video

Don't really remember the case from 2015, but I'm sure we had a thread in here somewhere.

• Like 6

who is organizing the protest? blm.

why do these idiots, or more like terrorists protests over thugs getting what they had coming??? there are plenty of shootings that need to protested,  yet they decide to terrorize populations over those shootings that were really justified. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, susieice said:

Trying to find a history of the case when it happened. Here's the wiki. Apparently, there was video of Smith backing into the officer's car a couple times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Anthony_Lamar_Smith

This link offers controversy over whether Smith reached for a gun or if it was planted on him. 

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/9/15/16315388/jason-stockley-anthony-smith-trial-video

Don't really remember the case from 2015, but I'm sure we had a thread in here somewhere.

I applaud your neutral opinion.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, aztek said:

why do these idiots, or more like terrorists protests over thugs getting what they had coming??? there are plenty of shootings that need to protested,  yet they decide to terrorize populations over those shootings that were really justified. 

The absence of protests over the death of an innocent white woman is telling about the mindset of the protestors isn't it?

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The absence of protests over the death of an innocent white woman is telling about the mindset of the protestors isn't it?

it sure does, but there are enough of cases of blacks killed for no reason. yet i do not see protests about them, but thugs like mike brown, t. martin are their heroes, and that tells me all i need to know about them

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

That gunman didn't get away with murder, and isn't part of a larger problem that affects literally every American of her race. So there's that.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, aztek said:

It's interesting how you switch off from bashing the cops whenever it involves a black person. The cops always seem to be right during those situations. It's just an observation.

The way I see it, there are plenty of instances that show us there is a systemic problem with police abusing their power. And that can happen across the board. 

There also seems to be a concerted effort to pit people against each other.

We have to be able to solve one problem without creating another one.  

• Like 5

The big problem is that there is no generic answer to this issue. Should the police be told they can't defend themselves because it could start riots? Of course not. That's as ludicrous as saying everyone that has ever been shot was innocent. How many officers are shot and killed because they didn't make that snap decision. These cases need to be looked at individually. At what point does an officer have the right to decide his life, and often the lives of innocent civilians in the area, are in danger? Can that decision even be mediated in a courtroom? 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

It's interesting how you switch off from bashing the cops whenever it involves a black person. The cops always seem to be right during those situations. It's just an observation.

The way I see it, there are plenty of instances that show us there is a systemic problem with police abusing their power. And that can happen across the board. 

lol, really?  see, i do not see black people all the same, some are thugs that need to be put down, others get killed for no  good reason. i bash cops when they do latter, same story with withes, funny i never noticed you say anything when white people are shot by cops, whether they deserve or not, so before calling me out look in the mirror.

yes i absolutely agree about cops abusing power, and killings is just a tip of the iceberg, there is a lot more,  something i have seen many times, that is why i feel what i feel towards cops, 

Just now, aztek said:

lol, really?  see, i do not see black people all the same, some are thugs that need to be put down, others get killed for no  good reason. i bash cops when they do latter, same story with withes, funny i never noticed you say anything when white people are shot by cops, whether they deserve or not, so before calling me out look in the mirror.

yes i absolutely agree about cops abusing power, and killings is just a tip of the iceberg, there is a lot more,  something i have seen many times, that is why i feel what i feel towards cops, 

Really?

That's funny. Because I remember being all over that discussion about the Australian woman. 

Just now, ChaosRose said:

Really?

That's funny. Because I remember being all over that discussion about the Australian woman. 

oh, my bad, you are right, that one you did speak against.

It's just a thing you do that I've noticed. 

Whenever it's a white person, you figure the cop was at fault.

When it's a black person, you come out swinging that the person was a thug, and the shooting was justified.

I'm the one who is always looking sideways at the person with the most power, because...well...they have the most power.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

When it's a black person, you come out swinging that the person was a thug, and the shooting was justified.

I'm the one who is always looking sideways at the person with the most power, because...well...they have the most power.

The ones with the most power are those who possess a big heart, and the willingness to act with love towards their fellows while at the same time controlling the worst weapon man has, his mouth.

Words can kill.

• Like 1

Just now, Will Due said:

The ones with the most power are those who possess a big heart, and the willingness to act with love towards their fellows while at the same time controlling the worst weapon man has, his mouth.

Words can kill.

If you don't know that there are people seeking out positions of power with malice aforethought, then I don't know how I can communicate that to you. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, susieice said:

The big problem is that there is no generic answer to this issue. Should the police be told they can't defend themselves because it could start riots? Of course not. 

tell me why police in china, with it's 1,5B population, kills only handful of people a year? vs usa 1500 a year, does china tells their cops not to defend themselves, or china has less crime, and gangs?  or maybe american cops  feel they are in danger every time they see old man with a cane, (it may be a weapon you now), or maybe courts protect them no matter what, there has been 0 convictions by judges, they know nothing will happen to them in 99,9% of cases.

the answer is simple wrong people have badges

8 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

lets look at particular examples,  bring them on.

Just now, aztek said:

lets look at particular examples,  bring them on.

I'm not gonna spend my day searching your posts for ya.

You're well aware of what your history is. 

6 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I'm not gonna spend my day searching your posts for ya.

You're well aware of what your history is. 

fair enough.

however there is a small problem how many white people killed by cops had threads talking about them? besides australian lady. it does not seem like murders of whites are covered anywhere near as much as murders of blacks,

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

Just now, aztek said:

fair enough.

however there is a small problem how many white people killed by cops had threads talking about them? besides australian lady. it doe snot seem like murders of whites are covered anywhere near as much as murders of blacks,

Like I said, there seems to be a concerted effort to pit people against each other. 

That said, just because you don't like the media and you don't like BLM, it doesn't mean that cops are never abusing their power with regard to black people.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, aztek said:

tell me why police in china, with it's 1,5B population, kills only handful of people a year? vs usa 1500 a year, does china tells their cops not to defend themselves, or china has less crime, and gangs?  or maybe american cops  feel they are in danger every time they see old man with a cane, (it may be a weapon you now), or maybe courts protect them no matter what, there has been 0 convictions by judges, they know nothing will happen to them in 99,9% of cases.

the answer is simple wrong people have badges

It should be that simple, but it isn't. The army in China kills many, and Russia. Old men with canes aren't killed in the US. Innocent people have been. Many were not innocent. When an officer is confronted, at what point can he make that split second decision that he may be in danger?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

If you don't know that there are people seeking out positions of power with malice aforethought, then I don't know how I can communicate that to you. 

I have it ^ very well understood Rose.

What I also understand is that these people can't yield any of this power over me because I have the power of self-control, which by definition, self-serving people do not have.

What I'm talking about is spiritual self-control, which I haven't mastered yet but eventually, with God's help, I will.

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 1

One more thing about these riots. They're 100% orchestrated by THE MEDIA. They control the narrative.

Don't watch any media. 

That's civilization's only hope of gaining control of the situation. 

The people who are in the media are the people seeking out positions of power with malice aforethought.

And we have the power to take their power away from them by the power of our self-control to not listen to nor watch their broadcasts.

So that they can't use us for their self-serving "benefit."

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I find the lack of protests by the NRA and the gun rights people over the murder of an innocent black man with a licensed gun to be even more telling about their mindset. And also telling is how fast the bluelivesmatter people ditched the cop when they found out his name was Mohammad. Plus, BLM had some of the strongest and loudest voices demanding justice for Justine Damond.

What's even sadder, is that after the murders of countless innocent black people it took the murder of just one innocent white person for some people to see there's a problem with our police.

• Like 4