Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What would you do in a zombie apocalypse ?

UM-Bot

I never understood the fascination people have with Zombie Apocalypse scenarios, or zombies in general.

If such a thing were to happen it would be an mind-crushingly horrible situation so I don't really get the excitement and glee some people (includign some friends of mine) have when making fantasy plans for it.

Though gotta critique the wording here a little bit, "Answering that they would do some pretty logical, intuitive things (they have seen people do in movies) when directly questioned what they would do in a Zombie Apocalypse" is NOT the same as "actively preparing for a Zombie Apocalypse"

I doubt many people actively prepare for something as ridiculous as a Zombie Apocalypse. It'd be like preparing for Cthulhu's awaking...

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 9

Just wait it out a few weeks at most and it's over. Although the most likely scenario is it would fail before it even began.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Dont forget the Bible says the dead will rise from their graves and that we should hide away during those times.

funny-cats-moew-srsly-cat-meme-Favim.com

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Dont forget the Bible says the dead will rise from their graves and that we should hide away during those times.

Aren't you supposed to be raptured by then?

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

I never understood the fascination people have with Zombie Apocalypse scenarios, or zombies in general.

If such a thing were to happen it would be an mind-crushingly horrible situation so I don't really get the excitement and glee some people (includign some friends of mine) have when making fantasy plans for it.

Though gotta critique the wording here a little bit, "Answering that they would do some pretty logical, intuitive things (they have seen people do in movies) when directly questioned what they would do in a Zombie Apocalypse" is NOT the same as "actively preparing for a Zombie Apocalypse"

I doubt many people actively prepare for something as ridiculous as a Zombie Apocalypse. It'd be like preparing for Cthulhu's awaking...

Because it's not happening and won't happen. So it's exciting. I don't understand what's hard to understand.

:)

Edited by Gary Meadows

I'm sure that there would some silver linings, ever watched season2 of Z Nation, Z-Weed man, oh yeah

Edited by EBE Hybrid

2 hours ago, Gary Meadows said:

Because it's not happening and won't happen. So it's exciting. I don't understand what's hard to understand.

It's hard to understand (from my POV) because there is literally nothing  desirable or even interesting in such a situation or in the vast majority of Zombie media (from my POV).

Personally when I find something fictional exciting it's not because "it can't happen!", but it's because there's something in it that speaks to me on some level (intellectually, emotionally). Nothing about Zombies or Zombie Apocalypse scenarios speaks to me on any level. 

Hence, I don't understand it.

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

It's hard to understand (from my POV) because there is literally nothing  desirable or even interesting in such a situation or in the vast majority of Zombie media (from my POV).

Personally when I find something fictional exciting it's not because "it can't happen!", but it's because there's something in it that speaks to me on some level (intellectually, emotionally). Nothing about Zombies or Zombie Apocalypse scenarios speaks to me on any level. 

Well, my sympathies. 

:)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

C'mon, you gotta admit it'd be a little bit fun! :tsu:

May as well have a good time. 

• Like 3

Be pretty stupid to tell the gov what your plan is. Survival of a zombie apocalypse obviously requires you shelter somewhere with a sparse population with enough existing supplies to ride out the disaster.

• Like 1

What would you do in a zombie apocalypse ?

• Like 2

I live in a remote area, so I'm good. Maybe I'll set up a trailcam just to keep an eye on things. I'll post some photos.

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 1

I would launch the nuclear missile that I've built in my basement at the nearest infestation. Then after donning the powered armor I've been working on I would fly out and battle to the end for the extinction of those nasty brain eating monsters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Ever watch Attack on Titan? Man, those things are way scarier than a bunch a rotten corpses comin' atcha.

(well, except maybe this one)

latest?cb=20140316012540

• Like 4

I honestly wonder how many of those who believe this zombie nonsense also believe climate change is a hoax...just wondering no joke intended.

Is there some sort of connection between this types of beliefs?

If anyone knows of a scientific study please reply

3 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Ever watch Attack on Titan? Man, those things are way scarier than a bunch a rotten corpses comin' atcha.

(well, except maybe this one)

latest?cb=20140316012540

You are right there! While AoT isn't something I necessarily enjoy either it's at least something I can find interesting due to the world and how terrifying/creepy the Titans themselves are. 

(yeah except the one in the GIF, with is he doing? Frolicking?)

What I have seen the characters are also more interesting than your average Zombie Apocalypse survivor.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

All the fun of morbid violence and killing a human being without any of the guilt or consequences. 

• Like 3