Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hurricane Maria

Colt Storm

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

The extent of the damage on Puerto Rico is unprecedented. The population density of modern times magnified it's effects ten fold. How could we not anticipate Katrina flooding New Orleans? Yet even today, what remedial efforts to shore up the city's defenses are inadequate to withstand another Katrina, even under eight years of a Democrat administration. So, let's not politicize what is a tragic situation.

Because we didn't know the levee was built so shoddily. 

Unfortunately, when politicians are the ones who have to respond to disasters, disasters become political. Especially, when they aren't handled well. 

And it doesn't help matters when there are people in charge who won't even acknowledge or plan for the effects of climate change. 

Edited by ChaosRose

7 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Unfortunately, when politicians are the ones who have to respond to disasters, disasters become political. Especially, when they aren't handled well. 

And it doesn't help matters when there are people in charge who won't even acknowledge or plan for the effects of climate change. 

Introducing extraneous  geopolitical issues won't further the discussion, either. It will just have the effect of forming people into opposing camps from which to cast political spitballs at one-another. There are more appropriate places in the forums for that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Introducing extraneous  geopolitical issues won't further the discussion, either. It will just have the effect of forming people into opposing camps from which to cast political spitballs at one-another. There are more appropriate places in the forums for that.

The science was handed to them on a silver platter, and it said exactly this. It said this was going to happen. And instead of doing something about it, everyone just went...oh you're being alarmists.

Even now, I'm still getting called a hysteric while people are dying, and the people who survive will likely be climate refugees. 

I'm holding people accountable for this. 

There should be evacuation going on. There should be supplies air-dropped if they can't use the roads. 

This is a cluster of epic proportions, and I'm angry about it. I don't know why more people aren't. 

Instead, they're all outraged over the NFL. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

Let's keep on topic of the hurricane and the after effects, and not derail the topic with other things please.

1 minute ago, rashore said:

Let's keep on topic of the hurricane and the after effects, and not derail the topic with other things please.

Sure but I don't see rose's anti-Trump diatribes (and that is what they clearly are) disappearing so.......

27 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Sure but I don't see rose's anti-Trump diatribes (and that is what they clearly are) disappearing so.......

Roses commentary wasn't personally attacking another member, your commentary was. So yes, your personal attack was removed, since it was breaking multiple rules. The rest of the commentary wasn't rule breaking, so it was left with a reminder for folks to keep on topic.

• Like 1

4 things angry leftists aren't mentioning:

# 1 Just five days ago San Juan, Puerto Rico Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz Soto praised FEMA for the work on the island..
# 2 The San Juan mayor accused FEMA and President Trump of offering her no help.
She said this in front of a pallet of US aid.
# 3 Did mayor of San Juan mention union workers at port are on STRIKE & demanding money first before distributing supplies off the ships?
# 4 The US military on PR says: "The problem is not federal, it's local distribution"

Chaosrose likes to attack Trump and blame him for everything because she is bitter but thee fact of the matter is PR is a bankrupt island because of their corrupt leftist government that practices the same political philosophy as screaming chaosrose.  The US military used to pump billions of dollars annually unto their economy and they chased it away losing a huge revenue stream.  They have voted to become the 51st state several times and always voted no because they wanted the handouts without the need to give back,.  Now hysterical rose says they are Americans and Trump is abusing them, this is an outright lie from an.  

Mayor os San Juan in front of pallets of food the striking union won't deliver.  Please note the network stupid enough to use this image while bashing Trump.  Now think about the thousands of sailors and soldiers that had to leave home to help these people and this is what they get in return.  If this makes you angry then tell a democrat or post something to chaosrose expressing your dislike of their digudting use of this tragedy for political purposes.  Truly reprehensible human beings.

san-juan-mayor-soto-600x379.jpg

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

While everyone is so concerned about Puerto Rico, please keep in mind the other places that were hit that are still basically uninhabitable. Like Katrina, when the oh so selective media focused on New Orleans while the other five states were totally ignored. St. Thomas is still 90% without power, which also means they have no water.

Either those other places are more self sufficient or they are not worthy of your media's attention or pity. It's difficult to empathize with people you have no idea are in need. They are still suffering and nobody gives a damn. Maybe, it's because they have their adult pants on and at least tried to prepare. They also have a community that supports each other and pitches in when the need arises. I mean, they have to do this on a regular basis.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2017 at 1:36 AM, aka CAT said:

Colt Storm, being that you like to track storms, may we nickname you 'Stormy'?

Absolutely

• Like 2

On 10/1/2017 at 9:16 AM, Merc14 said:

If this makes you angry then tell a democrat or post something to chaosrose expressing your dislike of their digudting use of this tragedy for political purposes.  Truly reprehensible human beings.

You WERE saying the same thing about Trump when he visited a community in PR which was barely affected by the Hurricane in order to make it seem like it wasnt a "real disaster like katrina"  right? LOL 

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

You WERE saying the same thing about Trump when he visited a community in PR which was barely affected by the Hurricane in order to make it seem like it wasnt a "real disaster like katrina"  right? LOL 

Actually no, that isn't right and I have no idea WTF you are talking about.

4 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Actually no, that isn't right and I have no idea WTF you are talking about.

Im talking about you railing against people using the tragedy for political gain when the Trumpster did the exact same thing. 

33 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Im talking about you railing against people using the tragedy for political gain when the Trumpster did the exact same thing. 

So Trump visiting PR was a bad thing?   What is bizarre is you'd be beating him up for not visiting as well.   Your hatred for Trump has made you delusional and you no longer are posting rational thoughts so my advice is you cease posting on the political forums as you are making an **** out of yourself (see chaosrose for a perfect illustration)

23 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

So Trump visiting PR was a bad thing?   What is bizarre is you'd be beating him up for not visiting as well.   Your hatred for Trump has made you delusional and you no longer are posting rational thoughts so my advice is you cease posting on the political forums as you are making an **** out of yourself (see chaosrose for a perfect illustration)

As someone who has spent a lifetime cleaning up messes like this I dont think that any politician coming to the area is a good thing. Too much time, effort and resources are wasted to accommodate a politician's photo op.

I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy in the fact that you are bashing those on the left for using the disaster for political gain while thinking its A-OK for Trump to do so. 

29 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

As someone who has spent a lifetime cleaning up messes like this I dont think that any politician coming to the area is a good thing. Too much time, effort and resources are wasted to accommodate a politician's photo op.

I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy in the fact that you are bashing those on the left for using the disaster for political gain while thinking its A-OK for Trump to do so. 

I know what comparison you are TRYING to make but it is stupid.  He visited an out of the way, lightly hit area to show solidarity with the people of PR.  Nothing unusual or sinister about it, every president does it.  Your condemnation of it is ridiculous and I find this entire conversation absurd. Your entire political philosophy is absurd and off the wall and only getting more so as you are eaten up with blind hatred for the man.

You have gotten as insane as yamato so I am going to put you on ignore, farmer, as reading your  insane rambling diatribes is a waste of my time.  

Edited by Merc14