Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Consciousness Without Brain Activity.

LightAngel

I recommend this video, and I also recommend reading the comments on YouTube. 

"Dr. Christopher W. Kerr is the Chief Medical Officer at The Center for Hospice and Palliative Care, where he has worked since 1999."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

"This talk was given at a local TEDx event, produced independently of the TED Conferences. Dr. Fleischmann sees dead people. In fact, he has seen over 2,000 humans die but broad back to life several hundreds of them. In his talk, he shares the near death experiences ("Nahtoderfahrungen") he witnessed as an emergency physician and tells us about one of the most drilling questions of the human kind: how it is to die."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Like 1

You do know that the TED committee considered his talk unscientific and removed his talk from their website? 

They did not ban it, they moved it to a more appropriate blog with disclaimers distancing themselves from his claims. 

Not one claim has been substantiated.

TED’s scientific advisors have questioned whether his list is a fair description of scientific assumptions — indeed, several of the dogmas are actually active areas of science inquiry (including whether physical ‘constants’ are really unchanging) — and believe there is little evidence for some of Sheldrake’s more radical claims, such as his theory of morphic resonance, and claim that the speed of light has been changing. They recommended that the talk be should not be distributed without being framed with caution. Accordingly, we have reposted his talk here, with the above cautionary introduction. We invite scientists, skeptics, knowledge-seekers and supporters — and Sheldrake himself, if he’s willing — to view and discuss the talk.

Is this an idea worth spreading, or misinformation? Does Sheldrake accurately describe scientists’ beliefs and are his theories credible? What’s the evidence for either position?

There’s only one rule for the conversation. Comments need to be phrased in respectful terms. Those that are intemperate or unnecessarily insulting will be removed.

TED Blog The debate about Rupert Sheldrake’s talk

With all due respect, I seriously doubt the veracity of that information. 

Edited by psyche101

• Like 1

@ChrLzs did some in depth threads researching Sheldrake’s claims. You should invite his input seeming as he looked at it carefully. 

• 7 months later...
On 18.9.2017 at 11:40 AM, ouija ouija said:

What are your thoughts about it? :)

Well, I miss you! ;)

Since I am here now, then I might as well post this in here also!