Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
Ellapennella

Questions and Answers

99 posts in this topic

 Ishmael's seed will always be divided -

Esau's Sword will always be against his brother.

Is there anyone here that understands  what this means?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listen from point 32 minutes in to understand the question in the OP.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ellapennella said:

 Ishmael's seed will always be divided -

Esau's Sword will always be against his brother.

Is there anyone here that understands  what this means?

 

Speaking of Ishmael's descendants:

12"He will be a wild donkey of a man, His hand will be against everyone, And everyone's hand will be against him, And he will live to the east of all his brothers."

And: Gen 27:38-40  Abraham speaking to Esau -

By your sword you shall live,
And you shall serve your brother;
And it shall come to pass, when you become restless,
That you shall break his yoke from your neck.”

These were prophecies about the descendants of these two.  They seem to be completely accurate.  The Arabs are Ishmael's descendants and the Bedouin among them have a saying:  "I am against my brother, my brother and I are against my cousin, mycousin and I are against the stranger" .  

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, and then said:

Speaking of Ishmael's descendants:

12"He will be a wild donkey of a man, His hand will be against everyone, And everyone's hand will be against him, And he will live to the east of all his brothers."

And: Gen 27:38-40  Abraham speaking to Esau -

By your sword you shall live,
And you shall serve your brother;
And it shall come to pass, when you become restless,
That you shall break his yoke from your neck.”

These were prophecies about the descendants of these two.  They seem to be completely accurate.  The Arabs are Ishmael's descendants and the Bedouin among them have a saying:  "I am against my brother, my brother and I are against my cousin, mycousin and I are against the stranger" .  

Jacob, the man in the video explains that  the only way for it to be no longer that way, is by way of Jesus. You know what, I believe it. I believe it is prophetic.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

 Ishmael's seed will always be divided -

Esau's Sword will always be against his brother.

Is there anyone here that understands  what this means?

 

No, and I could care less.  But, since we're talking about questions and answers.....I'd like to ask this.  If Christianity is real, why aren't Christians healing all the sick people?

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Guyver said:

No, and I could care less.  But, since we're talking about questions and answers.....I'd like to ask this.  If Christianity is real, why aren't Christians healing all the sick people?

Interesting question Even though i didn't believe it was possible i have been physically healed by a man spontaneously laying  hands on me and praying for healing in christs name It was actually nothing short of miraculous It eliminated excruciating pain and healed muscles and tendons in my shoulder and yet it happened so fast that i didn't even know what was happening.

I  felt an intense heat from his hand, and heard one or two words, and then he moved on. I went from writhing in agony, with red and black flashes across my vision, to  no pain at all, instantaneously. 

Next week my physio told me that my shoulder was healed, and the damage to the muscles and tendons was gone  She asked me how this had happened, and seemed to accept my explanation, matter of factly.  In ancient times he would have be a healer. In modern times he is the  bloke whom  local football teams go to for faster healing and recovery times.  .   

 Second, we know that many wounds, illnesses and diseases, respond more positively to healing and recovery if the individual has faith and believes Ie   it does not require healing from another to reduce pain, speed up recovery from trauma and wounds, or even from cancer.  The healing improves spontaneously, simply because belief creates and releases a mixture of chemicals into the body which are known to improve recovery times, and  also rates of  successful recovery.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Guyver said:

No, and I could care less.  But, since we're talking about questions and answers.....I'd like to ask this.  If Christianity is real, why aren't Christians healing all the sick people?

Christians pray for healing. God heals. God gets all the glory. If you ask God for anything, you must ask in faith, nothing wavering. For if you doubt that God is able to give you what you ask for then you receive nothing from him. When speaking about having doubt when asking God for something James 1:7says, " for let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord." 

Edited by Ogbin
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Guyver said:

No, and I could care less.  But, since we're talking about questions and answers.....I'd like to ask this.  If Christianity is real, why aren't Christians healing all the sick people?

Well, my first guess would be because of a lack of faith in God.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ogbin said:

Christians pray for healing. God heals. God gets all the glory. If you ask God for anything, you must ask in faith, nothing wavering. For if you doubt that God is able to give you what you ask for then you receive nothing from him. When speaking about having doubt when asking God for something James 1:7says, " for let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord." 

Isaiah 61:10

   I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Interesting question Even though i didn't believe it was possible i have been physically healed by a man spontaneously laying  hands on me and praying for healing in christs name It was actually nothing short of miraculous It eliminated excruciating pain and healed muscles and tendons in my shoulder and yet it happened so fast that i didn't even know what was happening.

I  felt an intense heat from his hand, and heard one or two words, and then he moved on. I went from writhing in agony, with red and black flashes across my vision, to  no pain at all, instantaneously. 

Next week my physio told me that my shoulder was healed, and the damage to the muscles and tendons was gone  She asked me how this had happened, and seemed to accept my explanation, matter of factly.  In ancient times he would have be a healer. In modern times he is the  bloke whom  local football teams go to for faster healing and recovery times.  .   

 Second, we know that many wounds, illnesses and diseases, respond more positively to healing and recovery if the individual has faith and believes Ie   it does not require healing from another to reduce pain, speed up recovery from trauma and wounds, or even from cancer.  The healing improves spontaneously, simply because belief creates and releases a mixture of chemicals into the body which are known to improve recovery times, and  also rates of  successful recovery.

Okay, are you suggesting that you were healed by Jesus or because of what you mentioned in the last sentence which did not include Jesus as healer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Guyver said:

No, and I could care less.  But, since we're talking about questions and answers.....I'd like to ask this.  If Christianity is real, why aren't Christians healing all the sick people?

Why didn't Jesus heal all of the sick when he was on earth? I know he could have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

 Ishmael's seed will always be divided -

Esau's Sword will always be against his brother.

Is there anyone here that understands  what this means?

 

Yes. 

It means that man, because he keeps being stubborn when it comes to following direction and highly tends to ignore the obvious when divine instruction comes along, mankind will suffer division and death at the sword (nuclear weapons these days).

It's not hard to understand.

It's hard to stop being ignorant, stop being inclined to ignore the rules of living.

 

 

Edited by Will Due

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Yes. 

It means that man, because he keeps being stubborn when it comes to following direction and highly tends to ignore the obvious when divine instruction comes along, mankind will suffer division and death at the sword (nuclear weapons these days).

It's not hard to understand.

It's hard to stop being ignorant, stop being inclined to ignore the rules of living.

 

 

Are divine instructions easy to notice, acknowledged, and easily accessible to everyone? I mean, how is divine instructions obvious? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

45 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Yes. 

It means that man, because he keeps being stubborn when it comes to following direction and highly tends to ignore the obvious when divine instruction comes along, mankind will suffer division and death at the sword (nuclear weapons these days).

It's not hard to understand.

It's hard to stop being ignorant, stop being inclined to ignore the rules of living.

 

 

 

Have you listened to the video where he explains why they fight? or why they need a common enemy ? 

 

When studying the Bible, it is critically important to always study the context of a particular Bible verse or passage. In these instances, the prophet Malachi and the apostle Paul are using the name “Esau” to refer to the Edomites, who were the descendants of Esau.

So, considering the context, God loving Jacob and hating Esau has nothing to do with the human emotions of love and hate. It has everything to do with God choosing one man and his descendants and rejecting another man and his descendants. God chose Abraham out of all the men in the world

https://www.gotquestions.org/Jacob-Esau-love-hate.html

 

 

 Galatians 4:29  it's speaking about Ishmael. 

But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.


 

Edited by Ellapennella
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Are divine instructions easy to notice, acknowledged, and easily accessible to everyone? I mean, how is divine instructions obvious? 

I understand where you're coming from Stubbly.

It does require effort. Or an unswerving determination to find the instructions. Unfortunately, they're somewhat hidden but fully out in the open and obvious nonetheless when finally discovered.

From my experience, these instructions come in many forms, from many places. To the exclusion of nothing.

Especially from unorthodox sources. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Will Due said:
13 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Are divine instructions easy to notice, acknowledged, and easily accessible to everyone? I mean, how is divine instructions obvious? 

I understand where you're coming from Stubbly.

It does require effort. Or an unswerving determination to find the instructions. Unfortunately, they're somewhat hidden but fully out in the open and obvious nonetheless when finally discovered.

But, how are those instructions obvious then? If one has to have effort and unswerving determination, then it's not so obvious, right? 

Quote

From my experience, these instructions come in many forms, from many places. To the exclusion of nothing.

Especially from unorthodox sources. 

But, are any of these many forms, obvious to all? If I go with what you said originally: 

58 minutes ago, Will Due said:

It means that man, because he keeps being stubborn when it comes to following direction and highly tends to ignore the obvious when divine instruction comes along, mankind will suffer division and death at the sword (nuclear weapons these days).

And since it seems that this thread is talking about 'the end times' like for all, and you mentioned 'man' meaning 'mankind' all, then wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that messages are suppose to be accessible to all, even those who don't put effort into it? 

Plus, I'm trying to see similarities to you saying that man tends to ignore the obvious and you saying that it takes effort to see them. Seeing the obvious means it requires effort? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Are divine instructions easy to notice, acknowledged, and easily accessible to everyone? I mean, how is divine instructions obvious? 

I like this question Stubbly_Dooright. I've asked that question myself. A lot of things biblical that I struggled with in understanding because of reasons that even if i tried to explain them to you, you would have to discover them on your own.  This little link is pretty understandable on how to confirm  true prophecy from God.

https://ebible.com/questions/17466-how-can-i-know-if-a-prophecy-is-from-god-or-not

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

But, how are those instructions obvious then? If one has to have effort and unswerving determination, then it's not so obvious, right? 

But, are any of these many forms, obvious to all? If I go with what you said originally: 

And since it seems that this thread is talking about 'the end times' like for all, and you mentioned 'man' meaning 'mankind' all, then wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that messages are suppose to be accessible to all, even those who don't put effort into it? 

Plus, I'm trying to see similarities to you saying that man tends to ignore the obvious and you saying that it takes effort to see them. Seeing the obvious means it requires effort? 

 

I'll try and explain with this anology.

Your first job and your first day at work, was it obvious you would get paid for your effort?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:
33 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Are divine instructions easy to notice, acknowledged, and easily accessible to everyone? I mean, how is divine instructions obvious? 

I like this question Stubbly_Dooright. I've asked that question myself. A lot of things biblical that I struggled with in understanding because of reasons that even if i tried to explain them to you, you would have to discover them on your own.  This little link is pretty understandable on how to confirm  true prophecy from God.

https://ebible.com/questions/17466-how-can-i-know-if-a-prophecy-is-from-god-or-not

Well, my question was to Will on on his comment on man tending to ignore the obvious. And considering my secular upbringing, and now my New Age path, which differs to mainstream religions, (Tarot car readings through out the years ) I don't believe anything can be that obvious. And it usually is up to interpretations. Personal, and subjective interpretations, I have observed with myself and others in what ever spiritual and religious type wordings. 

If you have noticed, what I would end up discovering on my own, has ended up being interpreted vastly different from you, from Will, from varying individuals. I have seen it been interpreted differently by differing mainstream religious, who all have professed from being from the same. I am reminded of David Koresh and him interpreting the bible to his 'converts' and seeing how that turned out. :no:  

Bottom line, my point is that if it's obvious, then it would be obvious. If one goes looking for it, and if it is interpreted differently many times, then how can one be assured it is obvious? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Well, my question was to Will on on his comment on man tending to ignore the obvious. And considering my secular upbringing, and now my New Age path, which differs to mainstream religions, (Tarot car readings through out the years ) I don't believe anything can be that obvious. And it usually is up to interpretations. Personal, and subjective interpretations, I have observed with myself and others in what ever spiritual and religious type wordings. 

If you have noticed, what I would end up discovering on my own, has ended up being interpreted vastly different from you, from Will, from varying individuals. I have seen it been interpreted differently by differing mainstream religious, who all have professed from being from the same. I am reminded of David Koresh and him interpreting the bible to his 'converts' and seeing how that turned out. :no:  

Bottom line, my point is that if it's obvious, then it would be obvious. If one goes looking for it, and if it is interpreted differently many times, then how can one be assured it is obvious? 

1 Corinthians 14:22

Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I'll try and explain with this anology.

Your first job and your first day at work, was it obvious you would get paid for your effort?

I don't think your analogy is going to work. Because, again, I'm talking about it being obvious. Obvious, being also having it happened over and over to everyone who applies for a job. Is that like that with divine instructions? And even then, when it comes to a job's first day, one is told upon an interview that they will be paid for that first day. Or, will be told they wont, and that does happen. That would be obvious. 

Are divine instructions like that, then? Where are they obvious for all? (Frankly, it should be left to an analogy to explained. It should be simply stated as to how. ) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

1 Corinthians 14:22

Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

giphy.gif

This probably proves my point. *shrugs* 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stubbly_Dooright said:

giphy.gif

This probably proves my point. *shrugs* 

Who or what are you trying to prove here? Are you trying to prove something to me or to Christians?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Bottom line, my point is that if it's obvious, then it would be obvious. If one goes looking for it, and if it is interpreted differently many times, then how can one be assured it is obvious? 

1 Corinthians 14:22

Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe

eta

 you state over and over again on Christian topics that you do not believe, it's that simple.

 

Edited by Ellapennella
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

Who or what are you trying to prove here? Are you trying to prove something to me or to Christians?

I'm trying to point out how you cannot say everything is readily obvious for all to understand, if it really isn't by way of selected texts, religions, and outlooks. This was something in response to Will Due and what he said. And, I had told you that in a response back to you, Ella. 

You know I hadn't and will not read the bible, so I won't read it to try and get something that is subjective to you. (not knocking it, just not going to do the same for me, that it will to you.) 

I was wondering if your thread is talking about everyone (man kind) or just a select few, ( Various Christians ) and if everyone is going to go through the end times, or just a select few. 

My response to your posting a bible quote is real. I didn't understand it at all. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.