Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible Mass Haunting, Need Insight

Hellhoundsbane

My friend and I are trying to understand a phenomenon happening in our high school. Let me preface this by saying I have done some research, but can't find anything.

She used to live in Pennsylvania while I've always lived in Colorado (where we are now), and yet we've experienced many of the same events.

First of all, there's the ghost girl we both saw when we were kids. Grey, slightly transparent yet we'll defined, with glowing yellow eyes. I saw it one morning when I woke up and leaned over the edge of the bunk bed and saw her just watching me, and a second through hundredth time in a series of repeating nightmares.She first saw it after waking up in the middle of the night when it opened her closet door and watched her from in there. 

Then there are the men we see. I've only seen them twice, but she almost always sees them. They're tall, with pale, dead skin and pitch black eyes. They have claws and sharp teeth with mouths they never close. She says they seem to always be following people or just watching them from the distance.

Next, of course, are her nightmares. She has dreams of four of her friends getting killed, one of which is already dead and another may be. At first it was just the one for three months. Suddenly, that girl seemingly had a seizure at lunch and dreamt of her death: her throat was slit. Later that week she was found dead, with, lo and behold, a slit throat. Second one has been out of contact for about a year. The third talks with her on Facebook, and the fourth is an immediate friend.

As a quick addition that may have no effect on this what so ever, I'm a weak medium and she's probably a clairvoyant, and we were both born on January 12th, 2002.

What the hell are these things? What does it all mean? If there's even a hint to point us in the right direction, that's amazing.

For what you "saw" while you were waking up...Hypnagogic/hypnopompic hallucination. It probably just a coincidence that you two had similar hallucinations. 

So, no one else can see these these figures? When did you see them? Has she ever considered trying to take a photo? I mean   at your age I'm sure you always have your phone. 

2 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

For what you "saw" while you were waking up...Hypnagogic/hypnopompic hallucination. 

I see this answer quit a bit. Are you saying the word 'hallucination' means that it always does not involve the effect of external entities. I have heard it said by some that this inbetween sleep and awake state is the easiest time for entities to make their presence known. I believe I have had two positive connections with passed friend/family entities during that state but that is just my interpretation of course.

i am thinking that this hypnagogic state may be a time most conducive to non-physical connections with real entities as well as maybe self-created hallucinations. 

9 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

For what you "saw" while you were waking up...Hypnagogic/hypnopompic hallucination. It probably just a coincidence that you two had similar hallucinations. 

So, no one else can see these these figures? When did you see them? Has she ever considered trying to take a photo? I mean   at your age I'm sure you always have your phone. 

Last time I saw one was about two years ago. I couldn't sleep because I felt like I was being watched (hadn't fallen asleep yet) and was looking at the wall on my top bunk. I turned to look at the ceiling and the thing was staring down at me, it's neck bent at an unnatural angle. And I could FEEL it there just as you'd feel any other living being. I couldn't bring myself to move. I was too afraid to move, so I ended up staring into it's eyes for about five minutes from about three inches away before it abruptly jerked it's head back into a natural position and left.

The first time I saw one was seven years ago, on another night I couldn't sleep. I was sleeping in a basement where the windows are barely above normal window height and they touched the ground outside. I rolled over, realized I left the curtains opened, and then got up to close them (I was short, so I had to stand up on the shelf there to reach it). When I started to close them, I looked forward and saw the thing peeking through the window, with it's head bent at an unnatural angle like the other time. I actually fell backwards in panic and hit the ground four feet down before scrambling through my doorway. I then ran back into the room and closed the door because there was another one standing in the hallway.

There is another that may have been one of these, but I'm not sure. It was 5 years ago, and I had fallen asleep in my bed (which wasn't a bunk bed). I heard a loud growling noise outside my bedroom door and thought I was dreaming, so I just covered my head and body with my blanket. I heard the door open and the footsteps as the thing drew closer. Then it growled and started hitting me in the side, hard enough that I started to fall unconscious, before i heard something else and the thing ran away. I thought it was a nightmare, but I woke up the next morning with a bruise covering the entire left side. 

I forgot to note that I might not see them much because I started keeping myself out of tune in order to avoid more crowd induced panic attacks.

3 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

Also, in her instance, the ghost girl slid my friends closet door open (which was always closed) and when she woke up it was still open.

• Like 1