Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dream with a word

pally

I had a dream last night and I know what some of it means, but I can't figure out the meaning of the word I saw. I've been looking online but can't find anything that analyses words in dreams.

In the dream I saw the numbers 11 and 14, which are the dates that some writing was posted online by a guy I like. I also saw his photo and the word 'clothes' next to each number. I believe that I saw the numbers and photo because I'm trying to figure out whether what he wrote was for me. However, I don't know what it meant to see the word 'clothes.' Does it mean something hidden that's hard to see? I'd appreciate any insight into the meaning behind this word in a dream. Thank you.

Hi Pally

You seem have a good grasp on the personal interpretation of this dream. You connected the numbers you saw with significant dates you were thinking of in your waking life, so first you should consider any waking association to the word "Clothes" that might have popped up in your dream.  It really could have showed up for any little reason, such as maybe a thought you had about shopping earlier in the day perhaps?

I'm a firm believer in dream interpretation being a very personal thing, so try to brainstorm what your subconscious might be trying to tell you.  Usually I have a hard time remembering things I have read in dreams once I wake up.  Maybe try thinking about what 'clothes' or clothing in general could be symbolic of to you.  To be able to read the word in your dream could be a way of your subconscious trying to force something to your attention.

eta- can you remember how you felt during the dream? this might help with your interpretation. :)

Edited by sarah_

Hi Sarah,

Thanks so much for your reply. It really helped as I've just realised what the association with clothes may be. I often visualise future meetings with him and picture what I will be wearing. And in answer to your question I felt quite happy during the dream as I felt it was telling me something. I agree with you that dream interpretations are personal. I don't generally remember words in my dreams either so this one had me baffled.

Thanks so much for your reply. :)

Pally

• Like 1