Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 7
Ellapennella

President Trump Speech at 72nd U.N. assembly

183 posts in this topic

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's been getting a lot of praise for this speech

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

He's been getting a lot of praise for this speech

Yeah? that's good, I thought he did really well. At 32 minutes in he speaks of the Maduro regime in which he states These words :

President Trump addresses Venezuela.

  The solocialst dictatorship of Nicolas Maduro has brought a once thriving nation to the brink of collapse inflicted terrible pain and suffering on the good people of that country. This corrupt regime destroyed a prosperous nation by imposing a failed ideology that has produced poverty and misery everywhere it has been tried, to make matters worse Maduro has defied his own people stealing power from their elected representatives to preserve his disastrous rule.

The Venezuelan people are starving and their country is collapsing, Their democratic institutions are being destroyed. This situation is completely unacceptable and we can not stand by and watch. As a responsible neighbor and friend we and all others have a goal to help them regain their freedom, recovery their country, and restore their democracy. He thanked leaders there at the U.N for condemning the regime and providing vital support to the Venezuelan people. The United States has taken important steps to hold the regime accountable. We are prepared to take future action if the government of Venezuela persist on it's path to impose authoritarian rule on the Venezuelan people. We are fortunate to have strong and healthy trade relationship with many Latin American countries. Our economic bond forms a critical foundation for advancing peace and prosperity for all of our people and all of our neighbors.He asks all countries there at the U.N to be prepared to do more to address this very real crises.

We call for the full restoration of democracy and political freedoms in Venezuela. The problem in Venezuela is not that socialism has been poorly implemented but that socialism has been faithfully implemented. 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

He's been getting a lot of praise for this speech

What about  Rocket man, can't say  the name  doesn't fit . 

eta

He said  that there,  and it was the truth.

 

Edited by Ellapennella

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1323635452001.png

How in the world people see this in any sort of positive light is just simply beyond me...

I thought 'the emperor has no clothes' was just a fairy tail. Then Trump happened...

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not his worst speech.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst speech ever held at 405 East 42nd St. but, a very typical speech rant, I didnt expected otherwise.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

1323635452001.png

How in the world people see this in any sort of positive light is just simply beyond me...

I thought 'the emperor has no clothes' was just a fairy tail. Then Trump happened...

It all depends on whether you are for or against "globalization". That seems to be what the divide between political views is boiling down to.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Ellapennella said:

...   the orange man ranted on about Venezuela and socialism and stuff ... 

so what the b*****y hell's it got to do with him? Just more ****in' excuses for more "humanitarian intervention". Just butt out and mind your own freakin' business, orange man with silly hair. 

Quote

We are prepared to take future action if the government of Venezuela persist on it's path to impose authoritarian rule on the Venezuelan people. 

If that really doesn't alarm you Ella, there's just no hope. 

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

1323635452001.png

How in the world people see this in any sort of positive light is just simply beyond me...

I thought 'the emperor has no clothes' was just a fairy tail. Then Trump happened...

I think I saw that you said you graduated from high school in 2012.

Believe me, when you gain experience as you get older, you begin to see things differently. 

Keep it in mind that white people are the demographic that voted in Obama, not those in the non-white minority voting block.

Too much liberalism leads to things developing in such a way that tends to appear as a sharp over-reaction, when it's really just an adjustment that puts things where they belonged in the first place.

 

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

still you can't say he's stupid, he knows that the sure way to get the neocons and the "Democrats", bloodthirsty as they both are, to back him is to bluster about intervening somewhere to save the oppressed people from all the usual guff. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

It all depends on whether you are for or against "globalization". That seems to be what the divide between political views is boiling down to.

Globalization is inclusive, and the opposite is exclusive.

Inclusivity of other people groups is the driving force behind peace. It's what brought about the civil rights movement, gave women, African Americans, immigrants, people of all walks of life equal rights, because all were included as the whole. We treat everyone equally because we include them all as members of one race, the human race. When we all unite as one, that is when we will know peace.

Exclusivity however only breeds war and dissent. It divides us into different factions and turns us against one another. By dividing us into an us and them system, it breeds competition, which breeds an us versus them system, which ultimately leads to war. Those in opposition to the civil rights movements have always sought division rather than unity. They've always sought to exclude others. Whether it be women, blacks, Mexicans, or the LGBT, or anyone who simply disagrees with them. The driving force behind war is hatred and division. In other words, exclusivity.

Globalization is the only path to world peace. Once we see ourselves as one race, the human race, and one nation, the human nation, with equal rights, human rights; then and only then will we know peace.

How could anyone possibly oppose globalization? It's the same to me as opposing peace in preference to war.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I think I saw that you said you graduated from high school in 2012.

Believe me, when you gain experience as you get older, you begin to see things differently. 

Keep it in mind that white people are the demographic that voted in Obama, not those in the non-white minority voting block.

Too much liberalism leads to things developing in such a way that tends to appear as a sharp over-reaction, when it's really just an adjustment that puts things where they belonged in the first place.

You're right, with age I have come to see things differently. I used to be much more conservative.

Look, there are plenty of thing's I disagree with extremist liberals on, and I certainly disagree with the center-right establishment democrats like Hillary Clinton. <_< However the political spectrum in this country is very far-right leaning in comparison to the rest of the modern world. Every other modern nation guarantees it's citizens free universal healthcare as a right. They have free college and a living wage. To me these things should be common sense. We don't waste our time with silly political debates about whether or not we should guarantee our citizens an elementary through high school education. Why? Cause it's a no-brainer. Of course we should provide our citizens an education up through high school. Yet when it comes to these core issues I've just mentioned, we act as if it's impossible or as if it should be debated, all while every other modern country looks at us as if we're just plain stupid. Because we are. It's a no-brainer. This isn't about socialism vs. capitalism, it's about common sense. So while I may appear to be 'far-left' to many or most of you, on the world stage I'm actually a strong centrist. And the reason why I and many other millennials my age supported Bernie Sanders in droves, is because we grew up in the age of the internet. The age where we can actually look this **** up for ourselves and ask: "If everyone else has it, why don't we?" The answer: Because the rich political establishment in this country have been feeding us propaganda and pulling the wool over our eyes so as to blind us from the truth that their srewing us over every chance they can get. And the majority of Americans don't even know it or care.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

so what the b*****y hell's it got to do with him? Just more ****in' excuses for more "humanitarian intervention". Just butt out and mind your own freakin' business, orange man with silly hair. 

If that really doesn't alarm you Ella, there's just no hope. 

what is alarming is that you're so obvious, why did you post a fake quote? I never said what is in your quote. You are fake news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Globalization is the only path to world peace. Once we see ourselves as one race, the human race, and one nation, the human nation, with equal rights, human rights; then and only then will we know peace.

When all cultures are equal and evil has been purged from human nature, we can crack open the borders permanently. Until then, the EU is our Globalist canary in the coal mine and I don't hear that canary singing any more.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

You're right, with age I have come to see things differently. I used to be much more conservative.

Look, there are plenty of thing's I disagree with extremist liberals on, and I certainly disagree with the center-right establishment democrats like Hillary Clinton. <_< However the political spectrum in this country is very far-right leaning in comparison to the rest of the modern world.

Every other modern nation guarantees it's citizens free universal healthcare as a right. They have free college and a living wage. To me these things should be common sense. We don't waste our time with silly political debates about whether or not we should guarantee our citizens an elementary through high school education. Why? Cause it's a no-brainer. Of course we should provide our citizens an education up through high school. Yet when it comes to these core issues I've just mentioned, we act as if it's impossible or as if it should be debated, all while every other modern country looks at us as if we're just plain stupid. Because we are. It's a no-brainer. This isn't about socialism vs. capitalism, it's about common sense. So while I may appear to be 'far-left' to many or most of you, on the world stage I'm actually a strong centrist. And the reason why I and many other millennials my age supported Bernie Sanders in droves, is because we grew up in the age of the internet. The age where we can actually look this **** up for ourselves and ask: "If everyone else has it, why don't we?" The answer: Because the rich political establishment in this country have been feeding us propaganda and pulling the wool over our eyes so as to blind us from the truth that their srewing us over every chance they can get. And the majority of Americans don't even know it or care.

I'd like to comment on your post please.

In comparison to the world and modernization, how many nations do we help that would be very poor today. You make no sense to me in what you said about America not being modern. I think that you want America to not be America but you want America to become part of some global Union like a one world system.

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Globalization is the only path to world peace. Once we see ourselves as one race, the human race, and one nation, the human nation, with equal rights, human rights; then and only then will we know peace.

How could anyone possibly oppose globalization? It's the same to me as opposing peace in preference to war.

peace, when they say peace, and force  a one world government system upon the earth, it's not gonna be good.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

45 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

You're right, with age I have come to see things differently. I used to be much more conservative.

Look, there are plenty of thing's I disagree with extremist liberals on, and I certainly disagree with the center-right establishment democrats like Hillary Clinton. <_< However the political spectrum in this country is very far-right leaning in comparison to the rest of the modern world. Every other modern nation guarantees it's citizens free universal healthcare as a right. They have free college and a living wage. To me these things should be common sense. We don't waste our time with silly political debates about whether or not we should guarantee our citizens an elementary through high school education. Why? Cause it's a no-brainer. Of course we should provide our citizens an education up through high school. Yet when it comes to these core issues I've just mentioned, we act as if it's impossible or as if it should be debated, all while every other modern country looks at us as if we're just plain stupid. Because we are. It's a no-brainer. This isn't about socialism vs. capitalism, it's about common sense. So while I may appear to be 'far-left' to many or most of you, on the world stage I'm actually a strong centrist. And the reason why I and many other millennials my age supported Bernie Sanders in droves, is because we grew up in the age of the internet. The age where we can actually look this **** up for ourselves and ask: "If everyone else has it, why don't we?" The answer: Because the rich political establishment in this country have been feeding us propaganda and pulling the wool over our eyes so as to blind us from the truth that their srewing us over every chance they can get. And the majority of Americans don't even know it or care.

Americans care alright.

Productive Americans, the majority of the population, care that they don't end up being enslaved to an entitlement minded indolent minority, largely due to the manipulative machinations of utterly corrupt even criminal so-called politicians for their own self-serving ends. That's the battle and that's why Americans elected Trump.

You've heard the old saying that nothing's for free. I'll also submit that man doesn't really have any rights either, because nature confers no rights on man, only life and a world in which to live. Nature does not even confer the right to live, as might likely happen if an unarmed man met a hungry tiger face to face in the forest.

 

 

Edited by Will Due

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

You're right, with age I have come to see things differently. I used to be much more conservative.

Look, there are plenty of thing's I disagree with extremist liberals on, and I certainly disagree with the center-right establishment democrats like Hillary Clinton. <_< However the political spectrum in this country is very far-right leaning in comparison to the rest of the modern world.

Every other modern nation guarantees it's citizens free universal healthcare as a right. They have free college and a living wage. To me these things should be common sense.

We don't waste our time with silly political debates about whether or not we should guarantee our citizens an elementary through high school education. Why? Cause it's a no-brainer. Of course we should provide our citizens an education up through high school. Yet when it comes to these core issues I've just mentioned, we act as if it's impossible or as if it should be debated, all while every other modern country looks at us as if we're just plain stupid. Because we are. It's a no-brainer.

This isn't about socialism vs. capitalism, it's about common sense. So while I may appear to be 'far-left' to many or most of you, on the world stage I'm actually a strong centrist. And the reason why I and many other millennials my age supported Bernie Sanders in droves, is because we grew up in the age of the internet. The age where we can actually look this **** up for ourselves and ask: "If everyone else has it, why don't we?" The answer: Because the rich political establishment in this country have been feeding us propaganda and pulling the wool over our eyes so as to blind us from the truth that their srewing us over every chance they can get. And the majority of Americans don't even know it or care.

I've watched a few videos that exposed a few workshops in which  tax payers were funding, unknowingly. In these workshops  individuals gather and are instructed on how to  further manipulate the system to benefit their methodical  scheme to transform America. It's been going on for a while. It's also known that it is  in the school system as well even before children reach college. President Trump is aware of it. Attorney General Jeff Sessions is also aware of it.

eta

 It took President Trump being elected to bring it to the attention of every American, or nearly every American.

do you miss the Obama days whereas Americans were being threatened by his administration for just being American?

Edited by Ellapennella
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Will Due said:

You've heard the old saying that nothing's for free.

According to Bernie "the Communist" Sanders, everything is a right. Education is a right, health care, lottery tickets...

But as you so aptly noted, nothing is free. He wants a tax rate of 90% to cover the costs. To this entitled generation, it seems appealing and that is scary as hell.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

I'd like to comment on your post please.

By all means. I've yet to read anything of yours I don't completely disagree with, but there's no other way to find peace in this world then to discuss these issues with the people we disagree with the most.

4 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

In comparison to the world and modernization, how many nations do we help that would be very poor today.

Help in what way? We've 'helped' Japan militarily for example, ever since Pearl Harbor and yet they're above and beyond us technologically and in that since can stand on their own.

You're going to have to clarify as to in what way we 'help' other nations, because at this point in human history due to global trade and commerce, treaties and wars, we're all so intertwined that a vague 'we help other nations' just doesn't really say anything.

10 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

You make no sense to me in what you said about America not being modern.

I didn't say America wasn't modern. I'm saying that nearly every other modern nation is ahead of us when it comes to those specific key issues: healthcare, education, a living wage. And unfortunately those are just a few examples of how we're behind.

 

36 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

I think that you want America to not be America but you want America to become part of some global Union like a one world system.

:tu: Bingo.

31 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

peace, when they say peace, and force  a one world government system upon the earth, it's not gonna be good.

First off, who said anything about forcing a one-world governmental system? Who says it has to be done by force?

Second, you're correct that a one-world governmental system has the potential for great corruption and oppression. However it also holds the potential for ending all war and instituting a state a utopian peace. It all depends what type of government this is and how it operates. We can't just throw away the entire notion of a one-world government just because it holds the potential for corruption, as every government holds the potential for corruption.

There's a stark difference between a dictatorship and a democracy. There are various forms of government, and a one-world government simply means just that. A one-world government. Nothing more. It could literally be any form of government imaginable. We can cower in fear of a potential dictatorship, or simply ascribe to build up a global democracy. This government could be literally anything imaginable, so it makes no sense to only focus on the negative potential possibilities while ignoring the good.

15 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

I've watched a few videos that exposed a few workshops in which  tax payers were funding, unknowingly. In these workshops  individuals gather and are instructed on how to  further manipulate the system to benefit their methodical  scheme to transform America. It's been going on for a while. It's also known that it is  in the school system as well even before children reach college. President Trump is aware of it. Attorney General Jeff Sessions is also aware of it.

:huh: If you're seriously getting your information from internet videos, then I understand why you seem so misinformed. You're trusting material that's completely unreliable.

It appears to me that the driving force behind this whole Trump movement is fear. Fear of Mexican illegal immigrants, fear of Muslims, fear of democrats, fear of globalization, fear of a one-world government, etc etc. The above ^ seems to be nothing but sheer paranoia about just plain nonsense.

What are you so afraid of?

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Will Due said:

You've heard the old saying that nothing's for free. I'll also submit that man doesn't really have rights either, because nature confers no rights on man, only life and a world in which to live. Nature does not even confer the right to live, as might likely happen if an unarmed man met a hungry tiger face to face in the forest.

:blink: Do you even realize how dangerous this is?...

Man doesn't have rights? Really? This is where my respect for your preposterous beliefs needs to step aside while I give you a good ol' fashioned kick in the ass dose of reality.

The moment we say that man has no human rights is the moment we've lost all moral accountability.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aquila King said:

:blink: Do you even realize how dangerous this is?...

Man doesn't have rights? Really? This is where my respect for your preposterous beliefs needs to step aside while I give you a good ol' fashioned kick in the ass dose of reality.

The moment we say that man has no human rights is the moment we've lost all moral accountability.

See what I mean? You need to live a few more years my brother. 

I never said man doesn't have human rights. I said man doesn't have natural rights. The right to live.

Human "rights" are many. What's a human right today wasn't a human right yesterday. And it probably won't be tomorrow either.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

By all means. I've yet to read anything of yours I don't completely disagree with, but there's no other way to find peace in this world then to discuss these issues with the people we disagree with the most.

Help in what way? We've 'helped' Japan militarily for example, ever since Pearl Harbor and yet they're above and beyond us technologically and in that since can stand on their own.

You're going to have to clarify as to in what way we 'help' other nations, because at this point in human history due to global trade and commerce, treaties and wars, we're all so intertwined that a vague 'we help other nations' just doesn't really say anything.

I didn't say America wasn't modern. I'm saying that nearly every other modern nation is ahead of us when it comes to those specific key issues: healthcare, education, a living wage. And unfortunately those are just a few examples of how we're behind.

 

.

It appears to me that the driving force behind this whole Trump movement is fear. Fear of Mexican illegal immigrants, fear of Muslims, fear of democrats, fear of globalization, fear of a one-world government, etc etc. The above ^ seems to be nothing but sheer paranoia about just plain nonsense.

 

You've fallen for the media reasoning.   It is not true.  

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

:blink: Do you even realize how dangerous this is?...

One more thing. What's dangerous is giving tigers the equivalent of what we call "rights" because if you happen to be in the wrong place, he will eat you for breakfast.

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 7

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.