Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Tony555

Unexplained Healing

10 posts in this topic

Right. Hello. Yesterday,  I was struck on my lower lip by an eighth inch thick one pound plate of broken window glass. Pain was there, minor bleeding, lip split, but I wasn't about to report an injury on the job, unless it was far more serious. Two hours later, home...shower...dry...mirror, the laceration is gone, but I know what I saw right after I was cut, I saw my reflection. Gone? No laceration, no blood clot, no nothing. I know I heal fast, but this is... impossible. Anyone else heal, same day? Like it never happened. 

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Tony555 said:

Anyone else heal, same day? Like it never happened. 

Nobody. Even not you.

3 people like this

It is possible that either your injury was not as bad as you once assumed OR you simply did not see the laceration because either the mirror was cloudy/steamed or did not look close enough.

Either way no one has a laceration of any sort that just heals in just a couple of hours so...sorry, I'm not really buying this story.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Tony555 said:

Right. Hello. Yesterday,  I was struck on my lower lip by an eighth inch thick one pound plate of broken window glass. Pain was there, minor bleeding, lip split, but I wasn't about to report an injury on the job, unless it was far more serious. Two hours later, home...shower...dry...mirror, the laceration is gone, but I know what I saw right after I was cut, I saw my reflection. Gone? No laceration, no blood clot, no nothing. I know I heal fast, but this is... impossible. Anyone else heal, same day? Like it never happened. 

just another story

Same here I'm afraid - it's a cool story bro.  Beyond that, if it was reported as a work-related injury and you can show us a scan of the documentation or your dated doctor's report, and then dated images to show the healing, you might have something.  Other than that.. lips and tongues do heal a bit quicker than other body parts - very good blood flows etc..  I'm not a doctor/physiologist/biologist, but I'm pretty sure that can be found on the web, and yet it's also ... true!

On September 20, 2017 at 5:16 PM, Tony555 said:

Welcome, Tony.

No laceration of mine has disappeared in a day.  There have been a couple of times that I had symptoms of incurable conditions that, thankfully, soon vanished altogether.  Those weren't the least explicable of my experiences.  So, while I could think of a couple more reasons why you might have been mistaken, my grounds for believing in miracles will leave to your certainty any leap of faith.  

0:-) MGby.

I've often suffered cuts and within an hour or two, the skin has binded together, pull it hard enough and the wound reopens.

Could put it down to the antibacterial properties of saliva which has cleaned the wound and the natural ability for flesh to bind. 

It will still be there regardless.

1 person likes this

And you should of reported the injury on the job! 

Your eyes are only a few inches away, what if a piece was thin enough and entered your mouth? 

Nothing to be ashamed of by suffering a minor injury and reporting it. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Redefining Success said:

I've often suffered cuts and within an hour or two, the skin has binded together, pull it hard enough and the wound reopens[...]

There's a difference between paper and an "an eighth inch thick" piece of glass.

1 hour ago, Redefining Success said:

And you should of reported the injury on the job! 

Your eyes are only a few inches away, what if a piece was thin enough and entered your mouth? 

Nothing to be ashamed of by suffering a minor injury and reporting it. 

Though Tony has reasons for his not wanting to be perceived a 'high risk' worker, you make a good point.  

Not invincible, he should either exercise greater care at work or find less hazardous employment.

It's because it's your lip. It's perfectly normal. Lips heal very quickly, and have a large blood supply, so they bleed a lot more, They're also not very well keretanised.