Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unexplained Healing

Tony555

Right. Hello. Yesterday,  I was struck on my lower lip by an eighth inch thick one pound plate of broken window glass. Pain was there, minor bleeding, lip split, but I wasn't about to report an injury on the job, unless it was far more serious. Two hours later, home...shower...dry...mirror, the laceration is gone, but I know what I saw right after I was cut, I saw my reflection. Gone? No laceration, no blood clot, no nothing. I know I heal fast, but this is... impossible. Anyone else heal, same day? Like it never happened. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tony555 said:

Anyone else heal, same day? Like it never happened. 

Nobody. Even not you.

• Like 3

It is possible that either your injury was not as bad as you once assumed OR you simply did not see the laceration because either the mirror was cloudy/steamed or did not look close enough.

Either way no one has a laceration of any sort that just heals in just a couple of hours so...sorry, I'm not really buying this story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony555 said:

Right. Hello. Yesterday,  I was struck on my lower lip by an eighth inch thick one pound plate of broken window glass. Pain was there, minor bleeding, lip split, but I wasn't about to report an injury on the job, unless it was far more serious. Two hours later, home...shower...dry...mirror, the laceration is gone, but I know what I saw right after I was cut, I saw my reflection. Gone? No laceration, no blood clot, no nothing. I know I heal fast, but this is... impossible. Anyone else heal, same day? Like it never happened. 

just another story

Same here I'm afraid - it's a cool story bro.  Beyond that, if it was reported as a work-related injury and you can show us a scan of the documentation or your dated doctor's report, and then dated images to show the healing, you might have something.  Other than that.. lips and tongues do heal a bit quicker than other body parts - very good blood flows etc..  I'm not a doctor/physiologist/biologist, but I'm pretty sure that can be found on the web, and yet it's also ... true!

On September 20, 2017 at 5:16 PM, Tony555 said:

Welcome, Tony.

No laceration of mine has disappeared in a day.  There have been a couple of times that I had symptoms of incurable conditions that, thankfully, soon vanished altogether.  Those weren't the least explicable of my experiences.  So, while I could think of a couple more reasons why you might have been mistaken, my grounds for believing in miracles will leave to your certainty any leap of faith.  

0:-) MGby.

I've often suffered cuts and within an hour or two, the skin has binded together, pull it hard enough and the wound reopens.

Could put it down to the antibacterial properties of saliva which has cleaned the wound and the natural ability for flesh to bind. 

It will still be there regardless.

• Like 1

And you should of reported the injury on the job! 

Your eyes are only a few inches away, what if a piece was thin enough and entered your mouth? 

Nothing to be ashamed of by suffering a minor injury and reporting it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redefining Success said:

I've often suffered cuts and within an hour or two, the skin has binded together, pull it hard enough and the wound reopens[...]

There's a difference between paper and an "an eighth inch thick" piece of glass.

1 hour ago, Redefining Success said:

And you should of reported the injury on the job! 

Your eyes are only a few inches away, what if a piece was thin enough and entered your mouth? 

Nothing to be ashamed of by suffering a minor injury and reporting it. 

Though Tony has reasons for his not wanting to be perceived a 'high risk' worker, you make a good point.  

Not invincible, he should either exercise greater care at work or find less hazardous employment.

It's because it's your lip. It's perfectly normal. Lips heal very quickly, and have a large blood supply, so they bleed a lot more, They're also not very well keretanised. 

• 9 months later...

For a few years now I have noticed that if I get a small injury or ailment.... from pimple to paper cut it can take a week to heal with no discomfort or pain  ... Normal I suppose.

But if I get a tremendous hit as an example what  happened to my arm years ago ( Lever holding up a 10 or more tonne silo full of grain let go and hit my arm)  The huge black blood mark from wrist to about 3/4 up my arm towards my elbow which appeared during my arm becoming  limp and tingling like when your arm goes to sleep. All disappeared within half an hour as I was taken to hospital at which the doctors in emergency asked why I came / what seems to be the problem??

Nowdays

I get burns from the fireplace all the time ( Clumsy)  but the skin just leaves a dry smudge like mark and that's about as far as it goes.. I used to blister but never do now days. No burning sensations after 5 min all gone.

I have taken cuts and skin /meat removal accidents which just seem to cause no pain except for the initial hit of cut and just heal easily within a week almost by magic ( NO I am not into the occult or magic)

So days or weeks for a minor aliments and  a day or two for major ones. 

I am thinking that my body has a reaction to major incidents and ignores minor ones

One thing I did discover ( After a fall of the house roof ) through Scans at a major hospital is that that I have this extra vein on my brain ( Forgotten the long name for it ) which everyone is born with but shrivels up and dies after birth but  a few  people on the planet like me still have it, healthy and working. ( Doing what I have no idea)

I am tending to think that my healing condition has something to do with this as they say babies have a kind of protection built into them at birth towards disease etc

Has anyone got this extra Vein on their brain and do you heal like me?

My main reason for getting involved in this discussion is that in the back of my mind I am thinking that if my blood has properties that could heal because of this extra vein.  I am very willing to donate it to someone that needs it and no I am not after money if would be for free 

You probably just have a strong immune system. Which causes you to heal and repair damage a bit quicker than average.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Damiengg said:

I am thinking that my body has a reaction to major incidents and ignores minor ones

Like everybody else.

Body's react to minor injuries just not as hard and fast.  

On 6/29/2018 at 9:06 AM, Damiengg said:

My main reason for getting involved in this discussion is that in the back of my mind I am thinking that if my blood has properties that could heal because of this extra vein.  I am very willing to donate it to someone that needs it and no I am not after money if would be for free 

I doubt anyone here is in a position to accept the donation of your body...especially sight unseen.  I offered to donate my body for "biological research" to some young women at the beach (in the interest of science, the betterment of mankind, all that)...but my offer was not well received.

You can always donate your body as an organ donor..."especially" upon your death.  You can also donate (while alive) a kidney, pieces of your liver, etc. on a case by case basis.

Not sure if there will be many takers for the 'extra brain vein', though. 

Good luck.

Edited by Menhir