Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Let's Discuss: Affirmations.

XenoFish

I like how you spelled out the discord so many create with affirmations.

A chubby person affirming "i am skinny" has to mess with the sub... "Who is she lying too? Me? Lol doesnt she know i can see her too?"

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Christopher Soma said:

Holy Truth! Lol!

That is why the idea of magic and "esotericism" can be powerful... they work as symbols to transport the lesson so to speak.

I really like this. I know of certain areas I must tend to, and while on a broad level subliminal has its role, I can see how this symbolic sigil method can be very direct and subconsciously engaging.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge! 

BTW one more digression... Fotamecus was supposedly a sigil created by a few "druids" who imbued a time-control state of consciousness or mechanic. I know that your method of creating sigils is directly tied to internal states of mind which create actions and results in alignment. For example, you want to change your productivity on a project, you would then create a sigil that gets you to work instantly to complete the project...

But outside of using our mind to affect ourselves.... If we consider the idea that our consciousness can actually enhance or affect our experience of reality - maybe even causes direct existence of reality (biocentric universe theory), could this intention be applied into a sigil which holds the power of that conscious directive?

I guess what I'm asking is assuming our consciousness does have the ability to alter reality, do you think that could be applied to a self utilized sigil?

This question may be beyond this thread or your interest, you don't have to answer. More for my own reasoning than anything... Just thought I'd ask since you've got experience in this area lol.

To answer your question. Try it. Keep a record of your attempts so that you can use the scientific method on it. 

As for fotamecus, its a time control servitor created by a group of chaotes and was used to get to a rock concert faster. I think it works through perception. As we've all had days that went by too fast or dragged on for ages.

9 minutes ago, Wes4747 said:

I like how you spelled out the discord so many create with affirmations.

A chubby person affirming "i am skinny" has to mess with the sub... "Who is she lying too? Me? Lol doesnt she know i can see her too?"

Its a lot like saying "I want to be beach ready" without a plan vs. saying it with a plan, and follow thru. 

Even if the fat person has an affirmation of 'its time for my walk' that they say and actually do every day. Then that statement becomes a mental trigger. It's all about the mental and physical repetition of something.

If someone thinks themselves a failure. Then their 'reality' will conform to that because that's all they'll see. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

I was hoping this thread would go a specific way without me having to direct it that way, but as I can tell it's not going there. So here's my take on what I consider a constructive affirmation.

"I am happy."

If you've used the above statement you are affirming something you lack. An actually happy person doesn't need to affirm it, because it already is. This is a negative statement. Now a more accurate and constructive statement would be thus.

"I will make the best of today, no matter what happens." 

This statement is not a fact but a view point. It's say that regardless of the days event you will make the post of it, this is not tuning in your subjective filter to the absolute positive, it is neutral. 

Even a basic ritual of taking a few deep breath while verbally or mentally affirming a statement for relaxation is meant for the sole purpose of change your mindset.

With the case of the sigils I mentioned earlier, they can be a visual affirmation. Meant to remind you subconsciously a specific idea or intent.  The most important things is to have something solid to back up a statement. It's not just saying something but doing something to create a better feedback loop.  

See I don't think this is a better affirmation. The no matter what happens bit already sets your psyche up for something s****y to happen. 

Xeno, in general, what you are saying is that you become what you think and what you believe. Your thoughts therefore create your entire reality?  

Edited by tcgram
Tired and cannot type
  • Like 1

I figure not your entire reality, but certainly your perception of it. And some of your reality.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

See I don't think this is a better affirmation. The no matter what happens bit already sets your psyche up for something s****y to happen. 

The proof is in the meaning behind the statement. That statement is one I have used on and off for years. My versions however is "Today will be a good day no matter what happens." For me it means that no matter what happens I will make the most of it. Not take it so seriously. Nor neglect the negative of it. I find it to be a very objective driven affirmation. While my statement will not work for you or anyone, it's the meaning behind the words that matter the most. The "no matter what" part addresses the unknown of the future. No matter what happens to day I will make the most of it. Good, bad, doesn't matter, I have to keep going. I see it an neither optimistic nor pessimistic, for me it's right in the middle.

6 hours ago, tcgram said:

Xeno, in general, what you are saying is that you become what you think and what you believe. Your thoughts therefore create your entire reality?  

On a subjective level yes. Not on a objective level. 

• Like 1