Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Duterte may kill own son over drug charges

The Caspian Hare

http://news.sky.com/story/duterte-tells-police-to-kill-his-son-if-chinese-triad-drugs-allegations-proved-11046241

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte has told the country's police to kill his son if allegations he is involved in drug trafficking with a Chinese triad are proved, saying officers carrying out the sentence will not be prosecuted.

Mr Duterte said: "I said before my order was: 'If I have children who are into drugs, kill them so people will not have anything to say.'

"So I told Pulong (a nickname for his son): 'My order is to kill you if you are caught. And I will protect the police who kill you, if it is true'," he said, addressing government workers at the presidential palace.

"I can say to people, 'There, you keep talking. That's my son's corpse'," added Mr Duterte, who was elected on a brutal law-and-order and anti-drugs platform in June 2016.

• Like 2

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Caspian Hare

• oldrover

• GlitterRose

Popular Days

What exactly would that prove? That he's so dedicated to being a ruthless tyrant that he would sacrifice his own?