Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump blasts NFL anthem protesters

toast

Sounds like some western version of an ayatollah ...

~

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

It is a matter of decency. Lets say you are holding memorial for you deceased parent, and some folks, during minute of silence, are laughing, making jokes, etc. What your reaction would be for such behavior? I bet, that wouldn't be "Ah, OK, have fun, folks". Are any laws 'bout that?

which would paint them as the sort of **** that you need to unfriend pronto. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

which would paint them as the sort of **** that you need to unfriend pronto. 

Yeah, certainly, but are there any laws against that? Haven't heard of such. So...

• Like 1

... but let's be honest here ... its just a game ... a sporting event ... and not even an international sports meet at that ...

~

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

It is a matter of decency. Lets say you are holding memorial for your deceased parent, and some folks, during minute of silence, are laughing, making jokes, etc. What your reaction would be for such behavior? I bet, that wouldn't be "Ah, OK, have fun, folks". Are any laws 'bout that?

so ar eyou saying that they are in fact marking the demise of the Land of the Free? :unsure: 

• Like 2

Going by the same logic of attending funeral decorum, there is the burying and the wake, where the atmosphere is entirely different. At one, those attending follows social protocol and at the other one gets an honest picture of the deceased while they lived, where there is more likely talk of times of them being 'A' holes or the time when some particular moment where there was running down the neighborhood street with the wife's undies over the head ...

Unless of course where there is no one there at all ... though who 'fired' who in such instances might be arguable....

~

14 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

so ar eyou saying that they are in fact marking the demise of the Land of the Free? :unsure: 

Nope.

Anyway, there is whole continent to explore for those unhappy with US, and that continent is... Africa :devil:

Bite me...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Nope.

Anyway, there is whole continent to explore for those unhappy with US, and that continent is... Africa :devil:

Bite me...

They can come to Australia, we don't stand during the American National anthem ;)

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Going by the same logic of attending funeral decorum, there is the burying and the wake, where the atmosphere is entirely different. At one, those attending follows social protocol and at the other one gets an honest picture of the deceased while they lived, where there is more likely talk of times of them being 'A' holes or the time when some particular moment where there was running down the neighborhood street with the wife's undies over the head ...

Unless of course where there is no one there at all ... though who 'fired' who in such instances might be arguable....

~

Exactly. If you despised the man, why go to the memorial. That brings the point: why Colin Kaepernick haven't refused to play if he is so concerned? 'Cause is freakin' hypocrite.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

They can come to Australia, we don't stand during the American National anthem ;)

Not the nicest thing to do.

You play a game in a country that has the wealth and freedom allowing for sports teams. These sports teams pay you millions and millions of dollars. And, what do you choose to do? You choose disrespect the very country that has provided your success. Talk about spoiled individuals.

The people who own these sports teams have the absolute legal right to fire whomever they please.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

You play a game in a country that has the wealth and freedom allowing for sports teams. These sports teams pay you millions and millions of dollars. And, what do you choose to do? You choose disrespect the very country that has provided your success. Talk about spoiled individuals.

The people who own these sports teams have the absolute legal right to fire whomever they please.

Or, alternatively, they're using that freedom, so fought for by others, to fight against indignities. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Exactly :clap:

Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Or, alternatively, they're using that freedom, so fought for by others, to fight against indignities. 

Indignities? As in being paid 20 million dollars to play professional football? You don't bring your politics to the work place. You do your job and take your political expressions to an appropriate location. And please don't tell me the NFL is racist. The NFL has made more African American men millionaires than just about any other organization I can think of.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

Indignities? As in being paid 20 million dollars to play professional football? You don't bring your politics to the work place. You do your job and take your political expressions to an appropriate location. And please don't tell me the NFL is racist. The NFL has made more African American men millionaires than just about any other organization I can think of.

I make a game of it, "Oh look a white guy.":lol:

(No that's not a 'racist' statement it's a joke)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Or, alternatively, they can move to Africa, ME, Russia... They aren't fighting, they are just showing off.

BTW, how much money Colin Kaepernick donated to, say, black/latino community development? How many hours he spend talking to black/latino kids to pursue knowledge? You have money, Colin, build the freakin' school.

SNIP

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I make a game of it, "Oh look a white guy.":lol:

(No that's not a 'racist' statement it's a joke)

:lol:

Thats brilliant!

Kudos :clap:

• Like 2

Obviously White and Hispanic men play football too. This really isn't a racial issue, it's an issue of respecting ones employer and ones country and taking ones politics to an appropriate venue (aka, not at work).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Obviously White and Hispanic men play football too. This really isn't a racial issue, it's an issue of respecting ones employer and ones country and taking ones politics to an appropriate venue (aka, not at work).

I don't think anyone including myself is making this a race issue. I think most of us get that it's about simply respecting of tradition. 

Edited by XenoFish