Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump blasts NFL anthem protesters

toast

7 hours ago, F3SS said:

I was just down a YouTube rabbit hole and ended up on this somehow. I guess it’s sort of relevant to the topic and didn’t know where else to post it but wanted to share. It would be nice if more celebrities knew their place and stuck to what they do best. It’s a short clip, it’s the question about Vietnam...

Wasn't he working from the CIA lol

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Primarily its all about dollars. The league doesnt want people messing with their uniforms regardless of the cause. Had those players chose to voice their cause when NOT on the field it probably would have went the same for them as it did for Kaep. 

The Tebow thing is a little misleading. The league didnt have a problem with him praying , teams however had a problem with the throngs of unrealistic fans that his praying brought. 

So the league doesn't want people messing with their uniforms...okay...but dissing the National Anthem doesn't 'mess' with the uniform?  Likely, unless the announcers made issue of it, few would notice a decal on a helmet...and no one would care if they did...oh, but don't mess with the uniform??  Silly!

20 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Its not surprising. It costs so damn much to go to a game anymore, why would you go if the entire experience wasnt a pleasant one when you can stay warm and comfortable in front of your 55" smart tv ? 

I think alot of people are just doing something else altogether...they aren't even watching on TV...and that is Ad money being wasted, which is why alot of advertisers are pulling away from the NFL altogether, plus they don't want to be associated with 'Un-Americanism'...if the NFL is dissing the Anthem...they are dissing America...consequently dissing Americans...and guess what bud...The vast majority of NFL fans ARE Americans.   Go figure that one out.

13 minutes ago, Lilly said:

It appears that Mr Kaepernick and his attorney don't want to settle this matter out of court.

Colin and his protest is looking less genuine by the day. The NFL is already nervous about the loss in revenues so Colin is playing with fire here. If he becomes too controversial, he won't be worth the risk to the NFL. It seems Colin believes he has a lot more pull than he does in reality.

• Like 2

Title of this Topic... Trump blasts NFL anthem protesters

Ok, well, it's my understanding that the NFL players are NOT protesting the anthem, rather using the brief anthem ceremony as a "staging" for what they are really protesting (police abuse of minorities)

Is that "disrespectful" as being the "wrong venue" to voice any protest? Perhaps, IDK, but it sure gets peoples attention.

• Like 1

I really don't get the whole they have a right thing. Out of everyone employed here, who's boss would tolerate such a thing? My boss would probably tell me once to knock off whatever crap I was trying to pull, and after that I'd be out the door. Same as everyone here. Are these men so privileged that the rules of employment do not apply?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Wasn't he working from the CIA lol

Never heard that. I’ll ask my buddy sometime. He’s an Elvis fanatic, even has an Elvis shower curtain. He’d know. Somehow I doubt it.

53 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I really don't get the whole they have a right thing. Out of everyone employed here, who's boss would tolerate such a thing? My boss would probably tell me once to knock off whatever crap I was trying to pull, and after that I'd be out the door. Same as everyone here.

Is anyone of these employers authorized to force people to stand up to the flag/national anthem? I dont think so. Is there any employment contract that forces people to stand up to the flag/national anthem? I dont think so. Can an US employment contract be above the US constitution? I dont think so.

10 minutes ago, toast said:

Is anyone of these employers authorized to force people to stand up to the flag/national anthem? I dont think so. Is there any employment contract that forces people to stand up to the flag/national anthem? I dont think so. Can an US employment contract be above the US constitution? I dont think so.

No employer is authorized. What does that even mean? No one is making, or authorizing my employer make me do anything but pay taxes. Doesn't mean I wouldn't be out of a job if I didn't do what was asked of me.

And don't get me wrong, if their employers are cool with it, great. If they are not....

Yep. The Constitution says you can do a lot of things. It does not promise you can't be fired if your employer feels you shouldn't be doing what you're doing on their time. The Constitution gives you freedom of speech, but that doesn't mean you can say anything you want to your boss. In my case, we can be fired if we swear and someone reports us. Labor Laws govern employer/ employee relations. It all depends on what you are doing. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2017 at 5:14 PM, Gromdor said:

That link was terrible example.  He congratulates the guy for getting his leg blown off!?   The article then points out how he makes it into a photo op when Obama did it privately behind closed doors.  It mentions how Trump always wanted a purple heart and his 5 deferments? And then ends with mentioning a botched raid where an American child is killed and a serviceman's father refuses to meet him? 

You are just furthering my point.

Do you ever....ever? ...think for yourself?  

I think you and most on the left don't...honestly...I think that you get ALL of your misguided, misinformed and one sided information from CNN, The New York Times, ABC, NBC, CBS...MSNBC....because all you do is spout their talking points.   If...and that is a big two letter word...IF...you came to all of the conclusions you do because of your own Thought Process...I would think of you all more highly than I do...

On the other hand...many of us think Deeply about life, about politics, etc.  And We listen to people like Rush, and Hannity...not to get talking points...not because we are mind numbed robots, not because we agree with them....but rather...because THEY agree with us...with our own deep independent analysis of issues and such.

Just sayin'....

13 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I really don't get the whole they have a right thing. Out of everyone employed here, who's boss would tolerate such a thing? My boss would probably tell me once to knock off whatever crap I was trying to pull, and after that I'd be out the door. Same as everyone here. Are these men so privileged that the rules of employment do not apply?

Kaepernick has the white man privilege.

31 minutes ago, joc said:

Do you ever....ever? ...think for yourself?

Do you ever drop the ad hominems, and actually answer the points made in the post?  You know, rather than running around in circles and crying "Fake News!" while waving your arms?

20 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Do you ever drop the ad hominems,

What point are you trying to make here?

Edited by lost_shaman
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

What point are you trying to make here?

I could ask much the same. :unsure: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

I could ask much the same. :unsure: 

Do it! 

Maybe I'll answer?

Edited by lost_shaman

Have you been smoking weed?

2 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Have you been smoking weed?

Are you a half Japanese Girl or is that a Peace sign you're avatar is throwing?

LS, the post from joc I was replying to, was in turn responding to this text from Gromdor:

That link was terrible example.  He congratulates the guy for getting his leg blown off!?   The article then points out how he makes it into a photo op when Obama did it privately behind closed doors.  It mentions how Trump always wanted a purple heart and his 5 deferments? And then ends with mentioning a botched raid where an American child is killed and a serviceman's father refuses to meet him? 

You are just furthering my point.

Would you be so kind as to read that, and then point out the bits of joc's reply that were relevant to those points?

If not, then I guess you agree with me - that it was nothing but ad-hominem and strawmen.

I think he's been at the beer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Would you be so kind as to read that, and then point out the bits of joc's reply that were relevant to those points?

ChrLzs,

Flatter me, but did joc reply by saying he was going to refute every point one by one? In that post?

7 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

ChrLzs,

Flatter me, but did joc reply by saying he was going to refute every point one by one? In that post?

Would we get a discount if he refutes them wholesale instead ? :unsure2:

• Like 2

Just one point would have sufficed.

bye.

{and seriously, don't post while drunk.}

• Like 2