Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man cling-filmed car left outside his house

Still Waters

A fed-up homeowner wrapped a car in cling film after becoming frustrated with holidaymakers dumping their cars outside his house to avoid paying for airport parking. 

Neil Junglas, from Liverpool, decided to get his own back on the driver of a silver Skoda that has now been outside his house for two days.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/man-cling-filmed-car-because-13661998

• Like 4

Bwahahahahahahaaa

• Like 1

Surely that's borderline criminal damage / interfering with a vehicle?

If it's MOT'd, taxed and insured, then it can be parked pretty much anywhere, best action would be to apply to the council for permit holders only parking, not wrapping it in clingfilm like a child. 

• Like 1

Seems to me he could park it there, but not forever. At some point, it's considered an abandoned car. 

Regardless, it's a d*** move to park in front of somebody's house and then go on vacation. Don't be so cheap. Park that heap in long-term parking, dude, or come back to a shrink-wrapped car. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Redefining Success said:

Surely that's borderline criminal damage / interfering with a vehicle?

If it's MOT'd, taxed and insured, then it can be parked pretty much anywhere, best action would be to apply to the council for permit holders only parking, not wrapping it in clingfilm like a child. 

No, you're right. He shouldn't have cling-filmed it. That was stupid.

He should have just slashed the tyres, like I would've done.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Redefining Success said:

If it's MOT'd, taxed and insured, then it can be parked pretty much anywhere,

I agree, but there's such a thing as common courtesy. The car owner should have considered the fact that he was parking in front of people's houses and that he could very possibly be taking up someone's parking space. People have done this to us in the past, it's very annoying. We've even had some leaving their car across our gate so we can't get ours out of the driveway, there's no excuse for that when they can so easily see our car on the other side of the gate.

Still as frustrating as it is the guy in the article should have curbed his anger.

Neil added that police even came to check the car but said they couldn’t do anything about it because it isn’t illegally parked.

• Like 2

On 24/09/2017 at 11:56 AM, Black Monk said:

No, you're right. He shouldn't have cling-filmed it. That was stupid.

He should have just slashed the tyres, like I would've done.

There is that way to deal with it I suppose. 

And yes, common courtesy should of been applied here.

I'd of borrowed 4 go-jaks and pushed the b***** down the street.

Saying that though, it's Liverpool, plenty of car "expert's" round there, especially near the airport.

Edited by Redefining Success
  • Like 2

People are very territorial when it comes to the street parking spaces outside their homes, but it's a little immature to take out your anger on one person's car, when multiple persons are to blame for the problem.

Edited by acute

Someone parked across my gate I couldnt get out I stuck a note on their windscreen using industrial bond super glue ....... they dint park there again 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Matt221 said:

Someone parked across my gate I couldnt get out I stuck a note on their windscreen using industrial bond super glue ....... they dint park there again 

What did you write?

My parents used to park their car outside their house.....as did everyone else on their street and as did the street round the corner. The houses were all terraced, until some the houses on the street round the corner were bought by landlords and turned into flats. That meant 2 or 3 or 4 cars per house. Thats when all hell broke lose with parking as there obviously was no room for 2 or more cars outside one house, so they parked where ever they could, my parents moved pretty quickly because there was absolutely nothing they could do when they came home to find a car from the someone living on the other street, parked outside their house. but my father had plenty of rows before they got out of there. He once parked 3 street away ....and they were long streets.

Do the landlards who turns a family home into a 2 family home care there is not enough parking? do they heck! And neither do the councils who give then planning permission.

• Like 3

When I lived in a house I had a Disabled parking sign on the road put there legally by the council but we still had cretins who would leave their cars there. I would leave a polite note telling them to please observe the disabled parking sign and asking them if they would like my wifes disabililty free of charge.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, acute said:

What did you write?

Please do not park across this gateway again your car WILL BE DRAGGED AWAY 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

Please do not park across this gateway again your car WILL BE DRAGGED AWAY 

...... and scrapped!  :lol:

• Like 1

I would have found a way to leave a few pounds of Limburger cheese on the engine block. It would take a few miles before the engine heated up enough and the car owner got a nice surprise. 
That cling wrap looks too easy to take off... then the homeowner will have a heck of a mess to clean up because you know someone as inconsiderate as the vehicle owner would not take his trash with him.  I would have at least wrapped it over and under the car, not the long ways around. :P

Edited by BiffSplitkins