Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3:03am

Ghislaine

This is really werid for me and it's hard for me to explain but I've searched everywhere for answers. about a year ago I would always wake up a 3:03am this continued for about a month but the thing is it wouldn't matter where I went bc I lived in two different places I would continue to wake up at this time and it was hard for me to get back to sleep bc I just felt paranoid and scared. This continued for about a month but stopped for awhile and then recently it's started again most of the times it's around 3:03 am sometimes being on the dot or before never after but I will always be awake for 3:03am but this time it is a lot worse I will wake up sweating and shaking and generally being paranoid and scared but last night really pushed me over the edge just as I woke up like a shock wake up which it normally how it is I shouted mama. Now I'm British I have never once called my mum mama. If anyone could give me some kind of answer as to what's going on or how to stop it 

Welcome to UM Ghislaine :st Please, take time to rad the site rules, check out some threads, and enjoy your time here on UM :tu:

My first suggestion is to get yourself checked out by a doctor to make sure you are ok, health first and foremost. You might be having a sleep condition or something else going on affecting your sleep.

You might have tricked yourself into the 3:03 thing. Like when people know they have to wake up with the alarm at 6, and manage to wake up right before the alarm goes off. They have trained themselves consciously to wake up at that time. Sometimes people do that unconsciously too, particularly when they become aware of the time and start thinking about it when awake too. There are meditation/lucid dreaming exercises that can help with that, train yourself to sleep through that time.

• Like 1

If you wake up in the night, resist the urge to check the time.  Turn your clock around if it is on your nightstand.  Remove it if it is on the wall.  You can be experiencing what rashore describes.  Us oldies know that if we need to get up to go to the bathroom in the night and you check the time, you find yourself always waking up at that time, or close to it.  This is reinforced by man's natural sleep cycle which, before artificial light, people would sleep for a few hours and between about midnight and 3am they would wake, have a meal, visit friends, do some chores etc for an hour or two, then go back to sleep for a few more hours.  Google it for the proper explanation, I am doing it from memory.  But waking in the night is hard wired into our brains and taking note of the time will increase the likelihood of it happening the next night and then the next.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Susanc241 said:

If you wake up in the night, resist the urge to check the time.  Turn your clock around if it is on your nightstand.  Remove it if it is on the wall.  You can be experiencing what rashore describes.  Us oldies know that if we need to get up to go to the bathroom in the night and you check the time, you find yourself always waking up at that time, or close to it.  This is reinforced by man's natural sleep cycle which, before artificial light, people would sleep for a few hours and between about midnight and 3am they would wake, have a meal, visit friends, do some chores etc for an hour or two, then go back to sleep for a few more hours.  Google it for the proper explanation, I am doing it from memory.  But waking in the night is hard wired into our brains and taking note of the time will increase the likelihood of it happening the next night and then the next.

Happening to me. Bathroom run at around 5:15. Luckily I go right back to sleep. 

• Like 1

No one ? 

Its the traditional witching hour , of course !  

" The witching hour is traditionally understood in Western cultures to be 3 AM. It is the time of haunting at which creatures such as witches, demons, ghosts, and gremlins, and anything scary are thought to appear and to be at their most powerful. Black magic is thought to be most used at this time. Many ancient witchcraft masters, used to awake and perform spells, hexes, and other cult or satanic rituals only during this hour.

The witching hour is at 3 AM, specifically for the purpose of mocking the Holy Trinity.

12 AM also called the Midnight hour. Believed to be the time when magic practitioners would cast their strongest spells and hexes due to it being an in-between time.[Just as crossroads, shores, etc were believed to hold power due to their being in-between places.[citation needed]

It is separate from the period of time known as "Dead Time" Which lasts from 3 AM to 4 AM, when there are no Catholic church services and prayers, as marked by the Canonical hours.

Adversely, the term Devil's hour applies to the hour of 2:16 AM, 3 AM , 3:15 AM,[ or 3:33 AM, the suggestion being that this is an inversion of the time at which Christ died at Calvary. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witching_hour

Perhaps there are medical reasons for ' 3 am disturbances '  ?     It was known to be ' crazy hour' or some other term when I worked night duty in a hospital. -  

The answer to why 3am wakefulness indicates unmanaged stress has to do with liver regeneration. It’s the time when your liver nourishes itself, and it needs glycogen to do so. One of the things adrenaline does is it causes cells to use glycogen, so if supply is low because you’ve had a higher adrenaline release (due to stress), the liver cannot regenerate.

The end result? Your body releases more adrenaline in response to the liver not having adequate glycogen—and you’re wide awake at 3am.   Adrenaline (not used up and converted ) creates stress and anxiety .

Solutions ?   http://www.thrive-style.com/2012/05/waking-up-at-3am-what-does-it-mean-and-what-can-you-do-about-it/

Then there is the TCM  body clock

Image result for significance of waking at 3am

• Like 3

< Strange double posting glitch .   No ....  its 1:13 pm here  :D    >   

Edited by back to earth

On 9/23/2017 at 4:36 AM, Ghislaine said:

This is really werid for me and it's hard for me to explain but I've searched everywhere for answers. about a year ago I would always wake up a 3:03am this continued for about a month but the thing is it wouldn't matter where I went bc I lived in two different places I would continue to wake up at this time and it was hard for me to get back to sleep bc I just felt paranoid and scared. This continued for about a month but stopped for awhile and then recently it's started again most of the times it's around 3:03 am sometimes being on the dot or before never after but I will always be awake for 3:03am but this time it is a lot worse I will wake up sweating and shaking and generally being paranoid and scared but last night really pushed me over the edge just as I woke up like a shock wake up which it normally how it is I shouted mama. Now I'm British I have never once called my mum mama. If anyone could give me some kind of answer as to what's going on or how to stop it 

If you're feeling scared, that's not going to help. A banishing would work for that. Either do something from your belief system, or you can find the LBRP on youtube.

• Like 1