Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pyramid construction mystery has been solved

UM-Bot

The granite blocks were much much heavier. Still doesn't answer questions of how they were quarried and shaped using copper tools nor how they got these huge blocks so high up. I think there is ample evidence that the great pyramid was probably built before the last ice age( 10,000-12,000BCE) and the Egyptians we think of merely set out to restore it using new limestone (explains the 20year completion time). Learn about Gobekli Tepe and it all begins to fit. Advanced astronomers knew about impending disaster from space (comet?) and built monuments to hopefully record their knowledge for future generations. Comet brought on the great flood and ensuing ice age. Pyramids all over the world are remnants of this lost technology which proves they had advanced math and astronomy skills.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hideous Horseman said:

But Giorgios Tsouklas told me it was aliens... Are they calling him a liar?

It would be a bit weird aliens thinking: "Shall we help them with our advanced technology so that they avoid starvation, improve sanitation, reduce spread of diseases, and cure diseases? No, let's help them build a giant grave monument over their current King instead so that people can marvel for all eternity over how great he was, and let's do the construction with the most primitive technology we can think of, namely stones piled in a pyramid shape.".

Edited by fred_mc
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Hideous Horseman said:

Maybe he was having a bad hair day when he said that   Ha

• Like 2

If they built canals to move the blocks on boats, why don't we see canals in the cities? It would be stupid to not use the effort to supply water to desert cities and only use it to move big rocks around. Any "canals" weren't to help built the pyramids. They were likely meant to be underground water supplies. The pyramids could be used as water rams to pump the water. Plenty of designs and working models on Youtube.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Trihalo42 said:

If they built canals to move the blocks on boats, why don't we see canals in the cities? It would be stupid to not use the effort to supply water to desert cities and only use it to move big rocks around. Any "canals" weren't to help built the pyramids. They were likely meant to be underground water supplies. The pyramids could be used as water rams to pump the water. Plenty of designs and working models on Youtube.

So the papryus they found "detailing exactly how it was done", is incorrect?

• Like 4

your telling me that were able to design boats to carrys those stones from 7 tons to 100 ton blocks, yet they moved them from the quarry, to the boat, down a canal, unloaded the block from the boat, then up the steep walls? yea i dont think so, try again

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fred_mc said:

It would be a bit weird aliens thinking: "Shall we help them with our advanced technology so that they avoid starvation, improve sanitation, reduce spread of diseases, and cure diseases? No, let's help them build a giant grave monument over their current King instead so that people can marvel for all eternity over how great he was, and let's do the construction with the most primitive technology we can think of, namely stones piled in a pyramid shape.".

So let me get this straight, you're saying the aliens were liberals.

All those who claimed the Egyptians were aided by aliens, I wonder how they'd respond to this now.

• Like 1

On 09/24/2017 at 2:14 PM, Hideous Horseman said:

Of course not sweety their just saying he's crazy... :P

So the take-away here is that Bruce Lee was speaking some truth when he said, "nothing is impossible to a willing mind". Also as a general rule- remember to be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. Now let's get out there and carpe some diems.

Edited by LevL7DungElf
incomplete post - needed to finish

On 24/9/2017 at 5:39 PM, Dark_Grey said:

So the papryus they found "detailing exactly how it was done", is incorrect?

What a silly question. 

Of course it is. 

Why, do you trust a primitive Egyptian's scribbles? 

It was clearly aliens coming from a parallel future universe. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parsec said:

What a silly question. 

Of course it is. 

Why, do you trust a primitive Egyptian's scribbles? 

It was clearly aliens coming from a parallel future universe. 

The scribbles were probably the cartoons/funnies page from an egyptian tabloid paper

There's a new BBC documentary 3 parts long called pyramids revealed its interesting but only seen part 1.it seems to me like a bid to just shut people up from knowing the true nature of how they were built.pepole like scientists and historians can't except anything other than facts were as I believe you can't just throw answers at stuff and it be true and done with.

There is a good outlet for practical applications of Engineering behind this story.

Avoiding references to 43,200, take the number of blocks estimated in the Sandstone portion of the Great Pyramid; ~2.27-2.5million. 

Run mathematics to provide production rate of 2-17 ton blocks within 60 years;

2,300,000 blocks / 60 years (38,333 and a third) / of 365.25 days (104.951) / 24 hours = 4.373 blocks chiseled per hour. 

Place 8-68 tonnes of rock into canal.

Lament your failure as the water spills over the edge of the canal.

disclaimer; It is understood that the sandstone blocks were heavier. It is also understood that the engineering problems would exist if the cargo channel was the Nile river.

Edited by Frank_Hoenedge
  • Like 1

I've seen this canal thing before. However, along the lines of what fred_mc is saying: Imagine if, instead of wasting all that brainpower and manpower on pyramid building, they did something that would actually benefit their society? I mean, other than inbreeding, head binding.and putting sickly teenagers in charge of everything.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jbondo said:

I've seen this canal thing before. However, along the lines of what fred_mc is saying: Imagine if, instead of wasting all that brainpower and manpower on pyramid building, they did something that would actually benefit their society? I mean, other than inbreeding, head binding.and putting sickly teenagers in charge of everything.

They actually did it. 

Plenty. 

But worldviews change and what you see today as top priority for the betterment of society, wasn't necessarily seen as such at the time. And viceversa. 

• Like 2