Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Abduction changes

Shouldthisexist

Hi every one it's been a while and this will be a bit different but let me jump right in!

I have recently been reading about and researching the abduction/encounter side of the "UFO" phenomenon. I have begun to notice a trend of certain behaviors and temperaments that change during the time periods. For example It seems that the earlier encounters had a more benevolent, or informative theme to them which shifted to a far more sinister theme around the 1970s-1980s. In recent years its become more of a balnced blend for the most part.

I decided to post here to try to talk to those with much more life experience and knowledge of the times than my early 20s self. Why do you think the tones of these encounters changed? Was it purely media and hollywoods portrayl, was there other social factors influencing/skewing most people's recollections? Or for those who are stout believers do you think that was when the E.T agenda changed?

Now this is from anecdotal accounts, and interviews/books and purely my viewing of these cases. Also I'd like to point out I'm not using this as a way to say that aliens are real and snatching people up on their saucers. This is purely for my curiosity about how this abduction/ encounter phenomena is changing or evolving and some insight into what's behind it and why!

• Like 1

Could you cite some examples or give links that show these changes or experiences so that one could see what and how you are making this connection. Without any points of reference it makes it difficult to make an informed(?)response.

jmccr8 

7 hours ago, Shouldthisexist said:

Hi every one it's been a while and this will be a bit different but let me jump right in!

I have recently been reading about and researching the abduction/encounter side of the "UFO" phenomenon. I have begun to notice a trend of certain behaviors and temperaments that change during the time periods. For example It seems that the earlier encounters had a more benevolent, or informative theme to them which shifted to a far more sinister theme around the 1970s-1980s. In recent years its become more of a balnced blend for the most part.

I decided to post here to try to talk to those with much more life experience and knowledge of the times than my early 20s self. Why do you think the tones of these encounters changed? Was it purely media and hollywoods portrayl, was there other social factors influencing/skewing most people's recollections? Or for those who are stout believers do you think that was when the E.T agenda changed?

Now this is from anecdotal accounts, and interviews/books and purely my viewing of these cases. Also I'd like to point out I'm not using this as a way to say that aliens are real and snatching people up on their saucers. This is purely for my curiosity about how this abduction/ encounter phenomena is changing or evolving and some insight into what's behind it and why!

The challenge that I have perceived, that you should keep in mind , is the following:

Once the listeners (people You tell your abduction story too) gets used to the tale you tell, they would stop listening or not award you the attention that they awarded the previous story tellers. 

Hence, when you tell your story, to get attention, you add a new dimension.

I am not saying there are no aliens,  I am not saying people haven't been taken..I believe they believe it happenend.

All I am saying is that we should take into account human nature when we analyse situations.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, DebDandelion said:

The challenge that I have perceived, that you should keep in mind , is the following:

Once the listeners (people You tell your abduction story too) gets used to the tale you tell, they would stop listening or not award you the attention that they awarded the previous story tellers. 

Hence, when you tell your story, to get attention, you add a new dimension.

I am not saying there are no aliens,  I am not saying people haven't been taken..I believe they believe it happenend.

All I am saying is that we should take into account human nature when we analyse situations.

This is where I'm standing on this I'm not attributing all abductions are aliens, or that aliens are real. I'm just fascinated by this abduction phenomenon that people are experiencing and the cause/ progressions. 

Plus I know that people lie and make things up, also lucid dreams and such can be a cause for sure, but this to some is something they truely experienced and has happened to them. 

Im not saying the cause is aliens, I'm not even saying it's otherworldly or paranormal. I'm fine with a very normal reasons I just feel like there is something more to the abduction phenomenon other then people like to lie and get attention. All that being said I like UM because most reply with facts and research to questions which makes wadding through all the fringe and whoo much easier so thanks for your reply! 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2017 at 6:16 PM, jmccr8 said:

Could you cite some examples or give links that show these changes or experiences so that one could see what and how you are making this connection. Without any points of reference it makes it difficult to make an informed(?)response.

jmccr8 

Sorry I'm on my 12hr schedule so I have been stuck working or sleeping give me a day or so and I'll try to compile interviews/references to show the change I'm referring to.

And to be clear like I said this is all subjective to my readings and interpretations of the accounts and such so i understand if not everyone agrees with my assumptions.

Personally i believe many abductions should be attributed to local multidimensional beings and dishonest humans rather than the assumption of aliens.

On 2017-09-24 at 11:40 PM, Shouldthisexist said:

We only read what the media shows us. So, of course it has to what was popular at that time. The experiences / abductions are still the same. Bad and good. And what one abductee might feel is a ba or malevolent experience might be considered good or benevolent for another abductee.

I would guess the change of the tenor of these "abductions" stories has changed along with the theme changes of popular culture.  Back in the 80's we had ET and Close encounters, movies featuring friendly, helpful aliens, fast forward to the last decade and we have Independence Day and Signs, decidedly hostile aliens. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I would guess the change of the tenor of these "abductions" stories has changed along with the theme changes of popular culture.  Back in the 80's we had ET and Close encounters, movies featuring friendly, helpful aliens, fast forward to the last decade and we have Independence Day and Signs, decidedly hostile aliens. 

Maybe it is a subliminal way of bamding mankind against a common ememy rather than fighting with each other. The ememy of my enemy is my friend.:huh:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Maybe it is a subliminal way of bamding mankind against a common ememy rather than fighting with each other. The ememy of my enemy is my friend.:huh:

Nah

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Merc14 said:

People rarely report disk-shaped craft, anymore and the term "flying saucer" seems to have fallen out of favor.

• Like 1

It seems like everyone wants to cash in on aliens by putting some new spin on it. The latest is that all the phenomena we experience is really caused by djinn, because they're trending, ya know. 

Ultimately, it all stems from the psyche, which is why a simple banishing using a tool the particular person believes in is going to work. Any belief system/tool they believe in will have the same effect. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2017 at 7:54 AM, Nnicolette said:

Personally i believe many abductions should be attributed to local multidimensional beings and dishonest humans rather than the assumption of aliens.

Personally I believe many abductions (actually, all) should be attributed to dishonest humans and the pure delusional.....

Cheers,
Badeskov 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2017 at 11:13 AM, badeskov said:

Personally I believe many abductions (actually, all) should be attributed to dishonest humans and the pure delusional.....

Cheers,
Badeskov 

That only defines that it hasnt happened to you. This leaves billions of others who might have had different experiences with this matter. I find it purely delusional to believe something despite knowing that millions have had some type of experience with it. I find it along the lines of religion having such blind faith in what you were indoctrinated to believe despite the obvious discrepancies.

On 9/27/2017 at 0:41 AM, ChaosRose said:

It seems like everyone wants to cash in on aliens by putting some new spin on it. The latest is that all the phenomena we experience is really caused by djinn, because they're trending, ya know. 

Ultimately, it all stems from the psyche, which is why a simple banishing using a tool the particular person believes in is going to work. Any belief system/tool they believe in will have the same effect. 

There is a reason for this. Based on my own experience i have come to the same conclusions. I believe what may now be called aliens may habe been called djin or demons in the past a the nature of thier travel, appearances, and existence seems to signify the utilization of um how do i put this, different dimensions? They are interdimensional beings. Also they seem to have easier access to those in sleep states or altered levels of consciousness. To understand this you have to understand the nature of thier presence. The human body can only detect matter existince withing a certain frequency range. Needless to say we are oblivious to what exists in other ranges but it may be apparent that something does, is aware of our presence and has found a way to utilize travel between the states as we travel in our 4d settings. All of this of course would constitute as magic and spirits to ancients, technology to our current perspective and nonsense to someone whos never witnessed it.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

That only defines that it hasnt happened to you. This leaves billions of others who might have had different experiences with this matter. I find it purely delusional to believe something despite knowing that millions have had some type of experience with it. I find it along the lines of religion having such blind faith in what you were indoctrinated to believe despite the obvious discrepancies.

Billions or millions?

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

I find it purely delusional to believe something despite knowing that millions have had some type of experience with it

You're essentially calling yourself delusion with this statement - i think you missed a 'not'.

44 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

I find it along the lines of religion having such blind faith in what you were indoctrinated to believe despite the obvious discrepancies.

I find it's blind faith to accept as true something that, currently, has no basis in reality beyond unreliable human stories.

35 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

They are interdimensional beings

Those extra dimensions we don't know exist must be crammed full of weird beings - including Bigfoot!

37 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

Also they seem to have easier access to those in sleep states or altered levels of consciousness.

It is indeed likely these are nothing more than dreams.

38 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

The human body can only detect matter existince withing a certain frequency range

Fortunately we designed instruments to explore the rest that we can't directly experience - you might need to look up the definition of matter as well.

39 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

Needless to say we are oblivious to what exists in other ranges

No we aren't.

• Like 5

On 27/09/2017 at 7:13 PM, badeskov said:

yep.... if not then maybe we'll find out one day- but something tells me we wont

On 26/09/2017 at 4:54 PM, Nnicolette said:

Question. 

What do you see as the difference between the perception of aliens vs multi dimensional beings? Why are these two seperated ? And by what definition?

• Like 2

On 26/09/2017 at 9:24 PM, Merc14 said:

Interesting...didnt think bout that

3 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Billions or millions?

Aren't we trillions? 

#mighthavemissedthepoint

1 hour ago, DebDandelion said:

Aren't we trillions? 

#mighthavemissedthepoint

Trillions? Um, no and we aren't even close.  There are 7.6 billion people on the earth, give or take a few million, a trillion is a thousand billion.   #mighthavemissedmathclasses   Also, I believe her point was millions are being abducted, billions would mean nearly all people on earth have been abducted (the Roper poll concluded close to 4 million).    #mighthavemissedthepoint    BTW, I think alien abduction is pure silliness and the product of people  prone to sleep paralysis and possibly mild paranoia.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 6

On 25/09/2017 at 7:40 AM, Shouldthisexist said:

You’ve got a point though, I remember when the vast majority of reports were “farmer gets taken, aliens stick him in a room with a tall naked blonde, the expected happens” or “aliens turn up, let sausage maker photograph ship, then have a chat about bratwurst”. Nowadays, it’s all “aliens probed me and stole my ability to fart”. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

That only defines that it hasnt happened to you.

Not at all. It is just a factual assessment, but as explicitly stated it is just my own personal opinion.

This leaves billions of others who might have had different experiences with this matter.

Billions?! I honestly find that extremely hard to believe. Do you have any data to back up that number?

I find it purely delusional to believe something despite knowing that millions have had some type of experience with it.

Even numbers in the millions I find highly ludicrous. And as we have seen, those that have come forward have either been thoroughly discredited or have no corroborating evidence, i.e. anecdotal tales is all we have for the latter. And given the fact that we have absolutely no evidence of any ET visitation ever happening, rather the opposite, credence to any abduction tale is not exactly high.

I find it along the lines of religion having such blind faith in what you were indoctrinated to believe despite the obvious discrepancies.

I don't have blind faith, I follow the evidence, of which there is absolutely none. 

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 3