Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Questions, Questions.....

acute

6 minutes ago, acute said:

If there's no gravity in space, how do the astronauts on the ISS get up in the morning?

They don't. In space there is no up or down.

• Like 2

Up is relative to body position, so I suppose for an astronaut in space there is still up and down.

• Like 3

is this thread basically a rehash of the much-lamented Mark/Mirk's "Ask me anything!"?

9 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

is this thread basically a rehash of the much-lamented Mark/Mirk's "Ask me anything!"?

Not really.

Until Big Mirk's disappearing act, those questions were meant to be answered. Here, it's optional.

is it like a rehash of Answer a question with a question, then?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

is it like a rehash of Answer a question with a question, then?

Apples and oranges.

Should the act of wanting to become President/Prime Minster/Dear Leader, and rule over all of one's fellow citizens, automatically disqualify one from office as proof of towering megalomania and as probably a danger to the public? 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Should the act of wanting to become President/Prime Minster/Dear Leader, and rule over all of one's fellow citizens, automatically disqualify one from office as proof of towering megalomania and as probably a danger to the public? 

I have believed this for a long time! :w00t:

• Like 4

If black is the absorption of all colors, why does space appear black? Wouldn't something have to be there to absorb the color?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, acute said:

If diamonds are the hardest thing in the world, what are they cut with?

Sarcasm?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, acute said:

If diamonds are the hardest thing in the world, what are they cut with?

it's not perhaps the easiest page in the world to rad, owing to the font selected, but there's lots about the ancient art of diamond cutting here:

Diamond Guide: The Diamond Cutting Process 

n its most general explanation, the diamond cutting process includes several steps: planning, cleaving or sawing, bruting, polishing, and final inspection. Here is a look at what those steps all mean:

• Cleaving or sawing – Cleaving is the separation of a piece of diamond rough into separate pieces, to be finished as separate gems. Sawing is the use of a diamond saw or laser to cut the diamond rough into separate pieces.
  • Bruting - the process whereby two diamonds are set onto spinning axles turning in opposite directions, which are then set to grind against each other to shape each diamond into a round shape. This can also be known as girdling.
  • Polishing - the name given to process whereby the facets are cut onto the diamond and final polishing is performed. This step gives the diamond its brilliant sparkle that we know so well.
  • Final inspection – the final stage of diamond cutting involves thoroughly cleaning the diamond in acids, and examining the diamond to see whether it meets the quality standards of the manufacturer.
  • Like 2

On 9/25/2017 at 2:50 PM, acute said:

If there's no gravity in space, how do the astronauts on the ISS get up in the morning?

Because they already knew that they laid down the night before? :blink:

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 2

On 9/25/2017 at 6:50 AM, acute said:

Soooo....that explains the lack of tepees in space:rofl:

• Like 2

Mental maths. Is that some kind of manic and deranged arithmetic?

• Like 2

Why is Charlie short for Charles when they both have the same amount of letters 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt221 said:

Why is Charlie short for Charles when they both have the same amount of letters 

And Harry for Henry. There's no sense to it. :angry: 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, acute said:

Whenever I pump up the jam, how can I tell if my jam is fully pumped up?

You want to get one of these. These are technically for cream, but I'm sure they'd work for jam.

Image result for squirty thing

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

You want to get one of these. These are technically for cream, but I'm sure they'd work for jam.

Image result for squirty thing

Who'd of thourght it "pump up the brandy flavour cream pump,it up not these people 

• Like 2