Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What he really wanted

ellapenella

By Will Due, 8 minutes ago

Funny thing is Ellapennella, when Jesus presented what the scriptures really meant to the people, not to compare what I'm doing to what Jesus did, the hypocritical priests, Sadducees, and Pharisees told..

You mean the men that Jesus told this to "Destroy this Temple and I will raise it in three days"  http://biblehub.com/john/2-19.htm

I love Jesus.

Do you know who he said that to? Caiaphas the High Priest.

http://www.desiringgod.org/messages/you-who-would-destroy-the-temple-and-build-it-in-three-days

Edited by Ellapennella

"I will destroy the temple and build it in three days." Evidently, if you had asked an average citizen in Jerusalem, "Who is this Jesus?" he might have said, "O, he's the one who intends to destroy the temple and build it again in three days." People always seem to be remembered for the outlandish and incredible things they say—especially if politically or religiously radical. And destroying the temple in Jerusalem was about as radical as you could get.

http://www.desiringgod.org/messages/you-who-would-destroy-the-temple-and-build-it-in-three-days

http://biblehub.com/mark/14-58.htm

• Like 1

Jesus at one point told his hearers that because God dwells within us:

"The kingdom of God is within you"

our bodies are:

"The Temples of God"

What he said that day has been mistakenly attributed to the stone temple of the Jews "raised in three days" while he actually was referring to himself. He said this pointing to his own body, the Temple of God.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

our bodies are:

"The Temples of God"

What he said that day has been mistakenly attributed to the stone temple of the Jews "raised in three days" while he actually was referring to himself. He said this pointing to his own body, the Temple of God.

You reminded of something that I wanted to share with you. It was about the Kingdom of God. You mentioned the Temple and the Kingdom. I meant to reply but was distracted.

When Jesus said that truly I tell you the kingdom of God is with you,he was referring to something twofold.

#1 Himself

#2 The word

I understand that you may take the 2nd as if you do not need some book but it's of God and if you believe in Jesus you would know why we are to fill our hearts and minds with the word.

When Satan tried to  tempt Jesus in the wilderness , do you remember what Jesus said to him?

8 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

You reminded of something that I wanted to share with you. It was about the Kingdom of God. You mentioned the Temple and the Kingdom. I meant to reply but was distracted.

When Jesus said that truly I tell you the kingdom of God is with you,he was referring to something twofold.

#1 Himself

#2 The word

I understand that you may take the 2nd as if you do not need some book but it's of God and if you believe in Jesus you would know why we are to fill our hearts and minds with the word.

When Satan tried to  tempt Jesus in the wilderness , do you remember what Jesus said to him?

Satan? He asked him to get in line.

Ella, Jesus did not say "with you" he said God is "within you"

Which is why we are "temples."

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Satan? He asked him to get in line.

Ella, Jesus did not say "with you" he said God is "within you"

Which is why he said we are temples.

What are talking about Will? It's all over in scripture about the kingdom of God is at hand- consider John the baptist.

http://biblehub.com/matthew/3-2.htm

I said it was twofold and I see you don't understand what that means.

He- Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

That is found in the book of Matthew

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

the mouth of God.'"

Exactly.

He speaks to everyone regardless of what they think, what they believe, what they read.

His voice speaks the words out of his mouth - within.

Don't be afraid.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Exactly.

He speaks to everyone regardless of what they think, what they believe, what they read.

His voice speaks the words out of his mouth - within.

Don't be afraid.

You overlooked the part when out of Jesus's mouth he said " It Is Written"  where was it written that Jesus was commenting on about where one must read to read in God's word? and live by it?

The topic is because you want to express what Jesus meant, right? But you are not able to if you disregard what he said. That's not being true about what  his teachings consisted of if you take away from what the scriptures recorded of his life on earth before the resurrection and crucifixion.

ETA

You can read all about what Jesus spoke in the bible where it's recorded.

Edited by Ellapennella

Btw Ella, 

I dedicated myself to find out all I could about Jesus many years ago now. So I started to read the bible.

One day, I noticed another version of the bible than the one I was using. After investigating this other version, I found out it was in some places completely different than the one I had. In some places, several verses were not included. In others, several verses were added.

This led me to get a copy of as many different versions of the bible I could find. I ended up with nine of them, some fairly similar, but not exactly the same, others being drastically different, almost unrecognizably so.

Do you understand the problem this presents about the word Ella?

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

You overlooked the part when out of Jesus's mouth he said " It Is Written"  where was it written that Jesus was commenting on about where one must read to read in God's word? and live by it?

The topic is because you want to express what Jesus meant, right? But you are not able to if you disregard what he said. That's not being true about what  his teachings consisted of if you take away from what the scriptures recorded of his life on earth before the resurrection and crucifixion.

ETA

You can read all about what Jesus spoke in the bible where it's recorded.

Which version of the bible?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Will Due said:

- within.

Don't be afraid.

I'm not fearful of God's spirit, it's why I stay in his word so I can be covered and filled  in his spirit, you don't really understand that thou because you haven't really sought after what Jesus really meant.  I can say there's only one True  Holy Testament, and that's the Bible .

38 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

#1 Himself

#2 The word

Really?  So instead of taking him at his word "The kingdom of God is within you" you choose to augment what he says by adding meaning that he did not say?  Okay.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

I'm not fearful of God's spirit, it's why I stay in his word so I can be covered and filled  in his spirit, you don't really understand that thou because you haven't really sought after what Jesus really meant.  I can say there's only one True  Holy Testament, and that's the Bible .

Which bible? Which version?

You must have skimmed over what I said just a few minutes earlier. I'll repost it:

Btw Ella, 

I dedicated myself to find out all I could about Jesus many years ago now. So I started to read the bible.

One day, I noticed another version of the bible than the one I was using. After investigating this other version, I found out it was in some places completely different than the one I had. In some places, several verses were not included. In others, several verses were added.

This led me to get a copy of as many different versions of the bible I could find. I ended up with nine of them, some fairly similar, but not exactly the same, others being drastically different, almost unrecognizably so.

So which bible Ella?

Edited by Will Due

10 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Which version of the bible?

The one that holds the scriptures, like the KJV.  It pretty much holds true to the scriptures but the language is sometimes difficult to decipher. I've gotten better at it thou.

10 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Really?  So instead of taking him at his word "The kingdom of God is within you" you choose to augment what he says by adding meaning that he did not say?  Okay.

It says both, did you miss that in your bible reading?  but the kingdom of God is within in when you seek it. again Jesus makes it clear about reading the scriptures. I'm beginning to think that some don't want to read them.

why do you fight about that and at the same time try to make a claim that I'm incorrect about it? I'm not incorrect about that.

Edited by Ellapennella

2 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

The one that holds the scriptures, like the KJV.  It pretty much holds true to the scriptures but the language is sometimes difficult to decipher. I've gotten better at it thou.

"A house (bible) divided cannot stand"

Just now, Will Due said:

"A house (bible) divided cannot stand"

So you think that if the Holy Bible was to slowly have the teaching removed it would give relevance to evangelist that preach a false doctrine? It's happening.

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

I'm beginning ti think that some don't want to read them.

Not true Ella. Some don't want to waste time reading the wrong version though.

If the bible is true, which version is false?

3 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

It says both, did you miss that in your bible reading?  but the kingdom of God is within in when you seek it. again Jesus makes it clear about reading the scriptures. I'm beginning to think that some don't want to read them.

why do fight about that and at the same time try to make a claim that I'm incorrect about it? I'm not incorrect about that.

I'm not the one who took a perfectly simple and understandable statement and gave it additional meaning.

Just now, OverSword said:

I'm not the one who took a perfectly simple and understandable statement and gave it additional meaning.

About the Kingdom? John the baptist warned about it, so what are trying to state about me giving additional meaning? 

https://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Topical.show/RTD/cgg/ID/14158/Kingdom-God-is-at-Hand.htm

20 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Not true Ella. Some don't want to waste time reading the wrong version though.

If the bible is true, which version is false?

Well, one day I picked up a modern bible, it was called "The Message" I was going to give it as a gift. I looked it over more thoroughly at home and discovered that there had been changes that were not accurate to the scriptures. I suppose that the NIV is known for taking out areas without people knowing , I was shown where,  this is why I stick to the KJV.  With a good commentary and a bible dictionary even a strong's concordance you too can decipher the KJv of the bible.

ETA

I would say that's what made reading the bible so difficult , getting passed that way they spoke when it was printed. I love my bible it has a pretty good commentary . It was a gift from an Aunt. It's called a life application bible. KJV

I also like my NIV bible to, wonderful to read from. Clearer understanding. Just that one or two areas that were removed. I guess one can look up what was removed so that you know what should really be there.

Edited by Ellapennella

43 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Btw Ella, 

That's why you have to stick with the KJV

Why the King James Version of the Bible Remains the Best

The 400-year-old translation is denigrated because of its archaic language. That’s one of its greatest strengths

https://mosaicmagazine.com/observation/2015/05/why-the-king-james-version-of-the-bible-remains-the-best/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

our bodies are:

"The Temples of God"

In Mark 1:15, Jesus dogmatically states, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand." "The time is fulfilled" implies that nothing can be added to it, that time will be extended no longer. That the Kingdom is "at hand" means that it is near or close. It does not suggest distance in either space or time. By using these phrases together, Jesus indicates that it can be entered into at once when God's basic requirements are met. The most basic requirement is taught in John 3—to be born again. Jesus thus announces when the Kingdom could be entered—immediately.

https://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Topical.show/RTD/cgg/ID/14158/Kingdom-God-is-at-Hand.htm

Personally, I understand  this is what Jesus meant when he spoke about the Kingdom.

28 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

In Mark 1:15, Jesus dogmatically states, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand." "The time is fulfilled" implies that nothing can be added to it, that time will be extended no longer. That the Kingdom is "at hand" means that it is near or close. It does not suggest distance in either space or time. By using these phrases together, Jesus indicates that it can be entered into at once when God's basic requirements are met. The most basic requirement is taught in John 3—to be born again. Jesus thus announces when the Kingdom could be entered—immediately.

Personally, I understand  this is what Jesus meant when he spoke about the Kingdom.

One of the versions of the bible I have doesn't say what you've quoted.

Now what?

• Like 1