Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carnoferox

Dinosaur Named After Zdenek Burian

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Iconic paleoartist Zdenek Burian has finally had a dinosaur named after him (it's about time). Burianosaurus augustai is a rhabdodont ornithopod from the Late Cretaceous of the Czech Republic.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/14772019.2017.1371258?journalCode=tjsp20

Edited by Carnoferox
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Excellent. I just hope it stood about in swamps. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It did live in a low-lying island archipelago, so it is possible that there were swamps for it to stand about in. It would be fitting for Burian's namesake.

Edited by Carnoferox
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

It did live in a low-lying island archipelago, so it is possible that there were swamps for it to stand about in. It would be fitting for Burian's namesake.

That's good to know. By the way, the blog is now probably only weeks away. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, oldrover said:

That's good to know. By the way, the blog is now probably only weeks away. 

That's great! Where are you planning on posting it at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

That's great! Where are you planning on posting it at?

I thought I'to follow your advise and use Wordpress. When I actually do put it up, I'll PM you the link. As you can't do it publicly here apparently. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I can't come up with is a bloody name though.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, oldrover said:

I thought I'to follow your advise and use Wordpress. When I actually do put it up, I'll PM you the link. As you can't do it publicly here apparently. 

Yeah they don't allow you to link to your own blog. You have to post the whole text, which would probably be excessive in the case of your research.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

Yeah they don't allow you to link to your own blog. You have to post the whole text, which would probably be excessive in the case of your research.

Oh yeah, just a bit. I've got no idea how long it is now, but the other day I came across a couple of lines which shaved about 10,000 words off it. My, how I laughed. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would have been more appropriate to have named it after Jeremy Corbyn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.