Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dinosaur Named After Zdenek Burian

Carnoferox

Iconic paleoartist Zdenek Burian has finally had a dinosaur named after him (it's about time). Burianosaurus augustai is a rhabdodont ornithopod from the Late Cretaceous of the Czech Republic.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/14772019.2017.1371258?journalCode=tjsp20

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 3

It did live in a low-lying island archipelago, so it is possible that there were swamps for it to stand about in. It would be fitting for Burian's namesake.

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

It did live in a low-lying island archipelago, so it is possible that there were swamps for it to stand about in. It would be fitting for Burian's namesake.

That's good to know. By the way, the blog is now probably only weeks away. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, oldrover said:

That's good to know. By the way, the blog is now probably only weeks away. 

That's great! Where are you planning on posting it at?

20 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

That's great! Where are you planning on posting it at?

I thought I'to follow your advise and use Wordpress. When I actually do put it up, I'll PM you the link. As you can't do it publicly here apparently. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oldrover said:

I thought I'to follow your advise and use Wordpress. When I actually do put it up, I'll PM you the link. As you can't do it publicly here apparently. 

Yeah they don't allow you to link to your own blog. You have to post the whole text, which would probably be excessive in the case of your research.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

Yeah they don't allow you to link to your own blog. You have to post the whole text, which would probably be excessive in the case of your research.

Oh yeah, just a bit. I've got no idea how long it is now, but the other day I came across a couple of lines which shaved about 10,000 words off it. My, how I laughed. 

• Like 1