Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Driverless hover-taxi makes 'concept' flight

Still Waters

Dubai has edged closer to its goal of launching a pioneering hover-taxi service, with the authorities announcing a successful "concept" flight was made on Monday without passengers.

Safety features for the two-seater air taxi include emergency parachutes and nine independent battery systems, according to Dubai's Road and Transport Authority (RTA).

It said the prototype, supplied by Germany-based Volocopter, can fly for 30 minutes at a maximum speed of 100 kilometres per hour (62mph).

https://phys.org/news/2017-09-driverless-hover-taxi-concept-flight-dubai.html

• Like 2

I like reading about these types of transportation , but I will never see any thing like it in " Small Town Wisconsin " ! Pity.

i wish I had a self driving taxi or car, then it could go to work without me. :D

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:40 PM, ROGER said:

I like reading about these types of transportation , but I will never see any thing like it in " Small Town Wisconsin " ! Pity.

Who knows, Roger.  Maybe a small WI town would be better for testing than a larger town.  If sometime goes wrong there's potentially less collateral damage and minimal loss of life.  Any lss of life is unacceptable, but why risk more than you have to.

Amazon(c) delivery is one thing, but I dunno 'bout this.

The closest I feel comfortable with it is if they need to auto-pilot my already dead carcass to the morgue.