Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
CrackerC117

Damien Nettles

128 posts in this topic

I take issue with characterizing the chip video as "spliced" because it appears to me that the portion we see is a continual six minutes of footage. (And btw, I don't believe that the car we see stop momentarily- literally for one minute- next door to the chip shop before it pulls away is a police car.)

Re: the witness sighting at the bus stop, in the magazine article posted on that web site- 'Operation whatever' (sorry)- it was reported that two friends of Damien's sister (also) reportedly saw Damien at that bus stop and so to me- of course, provided that that info is accurate- those statements are not only considered as more reliable as witness sightings since they actually knew him, but I think they could also be of some other evidentiary value.

1 person likes this

A bus driver also reported Damien at the bus stop and claimed that Damien asked to go to Cowes, took a picture of the bus driver, them alighted the bus and said thank you. I'm inclined to beleive Damien was at the bus stop that night. I'm also inclined to beleive Damien said "they're watching us". What I have difficulty with is beleiving which theory about what happened next is correct, if any of them are. Damiennettles.com says that a witness from the documentary said that Damien was seen shouting at a flat window above a butcher's shop (meat shop for our American readers). It is rumoured that in the flat was a person of interest. However, the butcher's shop is quite a considerable amount of distance away from where Damien was last sighted on CCTV. Also, how can we be sure what Boon says is gospel truth? I note from the Guardian article that the park was never searched. There are so many posibilites at the moment. The more I watch the CCTV though, the more I think it's unlikely that Damien came to harm by accident when intoxicated; Damien was certainly not fully alert but seemed to have clear dialogue with the men in the chip shop (if anything, he sounds quite cheerful in the video Seryth enhanced). His movements also tended to involve the back streets and commercial areas of Cowes that night. So it would be a change in behaviour if Damien some how found himself near the sea. 

As I remarked in a previous post though, Damien is described as being miserable at the bus stop, later on from the chip shop CCTV. What could have happened that could have changed his mood?

1 person likes this