Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What does 'eta' mean in a post?

Ozymandias

I hope this post is in the right place. Apologies if it is not.

I often see the acronym 'eta' in people's posts. I'm sure it doesn't mean 'expected time of arrival'! It is usually followed by links to other places on the net. Can anyone tell me what it does mean? Thanks.

Edited by Ozymandias

edit to add

7 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I hope this post is in the right place. Apologies if it is not.

I often see the acronym 'eta' in people's posts. I'm sure it doesn't mean 'expected time of arrival'! It is usually followed by links to other places on the net. Can anyone tell me what it does mean? Thanks.

edit to add 

• Like 6

Why not Google - well, to be fair it can be hard to get something other than a very long list of acronym meanings that you have to wade thru in the hope of finding the one.....

ETA - and now I'm beaten to it...  :D

It's usually estimated time of arrival, afaik, but maybe could be Edited To Add, or Extra Text Added?  Give an example, or question it when you see it.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1

ETA (Basque: [eta], Spanish: [ˈeta]), an acronym for Euskadi Ta Askatasuna (Basque: [eus̺kaði ta as̺katas̺una]; "Basque Homeland and Liberty"), is a formerly armed leftist Basque nationalist and separatist organization in the Basque Country (in northern Spain and southwestern France).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

edit to add

edit to add 

Thanks, Daughter of the Nine Moons. Much obliged.

To the Mods

Sorry for putting that query in the wrong place. I looked for a Help or Support Desk but did not find it. I now know it is the last link on your Forums page.