Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Julio

Psychics and religions

25 posts in this topic

Okay... let me see how I can phrase this question...

suddenly realize that I can barely express this even I am holding this question inside 

I've asked some psychics about if spells conflict with religious belief... they say they don't but when I ask some religious people they think we should not go for spells since we don't know what the sources of them are. 

(I am not sure if I express clearly I just say what pops up in my mind) 

And for spells, I don't like spells much, especially those which are harmful. But if it is merely the work on energy and if it is just like law of attraction helping you attract positive result for your intention, it sounds fine. But I guess, the same as some scientific experiments, spells have some ethical issues. Like what kind of spells should we do and what kind of spells should we not do? Also I am concerned about the authenticity.. if something is done by spells, are they authentic, or original? 

I am thinking that if we just put spells which attract love in our life, that sounds fine. But if I put on making someone obsessed with you, that's sounds.. a bit weird... 

the problem is: if we use spells to do whatever we want, then what's the order of this world? 

(To be continued... I have much more to say... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Just... if we follow God, then we should not come to psychics because of future and everything in God's hands so we don't need psychics to tell us anything? Psychics don't only do fortune telling there are much more not just about predicting future I guess ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Julio said:

Just... if we follow God, then we should not come to psychics because of future and everything in God's hands so we don't need psychics to tell us anything? Psychics don't only do fortune telling there are much more not just about predicting future I guess ...

I think it bangs up against that whole: "thou shalt have no other gods before me"  IOW, if you believe in God then HE should be your source, he doesn't like playing second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, and then said:

I think it bangs up against that whole: "thou shalt have no other gods before me"  IOW, if you believe in God then HE should be your source, he doesn't like playing second.

Hmm but does going to psychics count as following other gods? There is one God , other things are different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean others are not the real God and I don't think going to psychics counts as going to other gods... I would say there are spirits... not gods, but they know some things ... but God is God... 

i don't know if anyone holds the same view as I do? I think maybe things go with extends... and spiritual world is complicated so not going to spirits counts as worshiping any other gods... 

I've heard there are people who come to other "gods" to do something... but I guess psychic field is not all about that.

i don't like religions tbh. So I wouldn't say I completely believe in what was said in Bible or maybe Quran... 

i just wonder if anyone feels similarly as I do... I believe there are some... just maybe I want to hear what exactly those people feel... 

but spells can be dangerous... I prefer not to go for that... and I question about spells... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As usual, the bible contradicts itself. It speaks of not seeking out soothsayers, etc., and then it also illustrates how the clergy used their own form of divination. 

Some interpret the wise men "following a star" to the use of astrology.

There are traditions that use varying forms of divination and folk magic/healing that is Christian based. Braucherei is an example. 

Use discernment. If it doesn't feel right to you, don't use do it. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

As usual, the bible contradicts itself. It speaks of not seeking out soothsayers, etc., and then it also illustrates how the clergy used their own form of divination. 

Some interpret the wise men "following a star" to the use of astrology.

There are traditions that use varying forms of divination and folk magic/healing that is Christian based. Braucherei is an example. 

Use discernment. If it doesn't feel right to you, don't use do it. 

Well discernment... I guess everyone has his or her own discernment... but I don't know if there are multiple truth. Maybe there are? 

People have various views of how this world is like but I just want inner peace, and the arms of my lover. Really, not even able to keep the communication messed me up. I am in such a weird position I guess that's not common. Never mind, this does not belong to the discussion. 

About the Bible, I am just bothered by what Christians told me. And for some reason, ugh, everything is weird to explain, I was taken to have dinner and sing songs in a bible study group... no I don't wanna come but... I always tell my dad that I don't wanna come 

Anyway, why am I saying this? I guess I should make my post anonymous. Just I don't know where to tell all those things which bother me. 

Really I can't discuss things with Christians. They go for their truth anyway. And I feel insecure about my point of views. I was feeling in darkness when they told me something. It's like my soul or my life doesn't have a... salvation? But what's a salvation? Sometimes I doubt that we can be salvaged in Christianity. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

As usual, the bible contradicts itself. It speaks of not seeking out soothsayers, etc., and then it also illustrates how the clergy used their own form of divination. 

Some interpret the wise men "following a star" to the use of astrology.

There are traditions that use varying forms of divination and folk magic/healing that is Christian based. Braucherei is an example. 

Use discernment. If it doesn't feel right to you, don't use do it. 

Oh also, can you tell me more about braucherei? And I would like to know more about... hmm I don't know like things related to religions and spiritual world... hmm I don't know what exactly you are, in the sense of what you think this world is like... but anyway I probably should dig something in this forum to see how different views about this world are...

but well I am sort of scared by words of Christians... I just want inner peace and to be with my lover... maybe this is just my inquisition and just pretty often people don't get my inquisition or they don't give any importance to that... just like saying this world is not perfect... yeah I feel I always go with minorities... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, Julio said:

I've asked some psychics about if spells conflict with religious belief... they say they don't but when I ask some religious people they think we should not go for spells since we don't know what the sources of them are. 

The exclusivity of religious belief is what leads them to say that. They have to contend with the idea that their religion is the only true religion while all others are false. Therefore any practices outside of that which their specific religious teachings dictate are deemed heresy. Some will simply say that things like spells are purely fictional and made up, while most will pass off the blame to demonic workings of spirits wishing to deceive people away from their 'one true faith'.

My advise: Abandon religious opinions and dogma and just stick to the spiritual.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biblical answer would be this.

If it is a fruit of the spirit of god, then it is good. 

How do we know if it is of the spirit ?

By its fruit .

Ie practices which bring true good, or constructive, outcomes, are   of the spirit.

The problem which has arisen is from men who don't want THEIR authority questioned and so attack forms of the spirit  which are not under their control or of their church's control.

 The spirit is a gift from god to man,  and is given  on an individual basis. We all have this gift in larger or smaller portions. It is up to us to use it wisely and well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Julio said:

Oh also, can you tell me more about braucherei? And I would like to know more about... hmm I don't know like things related to religions and spiritual world... hmm I don't know what exactly you are, in the sense of what you think this world is like... but anyway I probably should dig something in this forum to see how different views about this world are...

but well I am sort of scared by words of Christians... I just want inner peace and to be with my lover... maybe this is just my inquisition and just pretty often people don't get my inquisition or they don't give any importance to that... just like saying this world is not perfect... yeah I feel I always go with minorities... 

Braucherei is a Pennsylvania German folk magic that is Christian based. There are a lot of healing prayers and banishings. I don't know that much about it, but you can find info online and there are some books. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

The exclusivity of religious belief is what leads them to say that. They have to contend with the idea that their religion is the only true religion while all others are false. Therefore any practices outside of that which their specific religious teachings dictate are deemed heresy. Some will simply say that things like spells are purely fictional and made up, while most will pass off the blame to demonic workings of spirits wishing to deceive people away from their 'one true faith'.

My advise: Abandon religious opinions and dogma and just stick to the spiritual.

True, it is the exclusivity. That's why I don't like religions and that's why I am bothered by what those people say. Because, I don't know how to say, just imagine someone is like, this is the truth (the only correct thing), and they don't push you to follow it but you will feel pushed... I don't know if you get what I mean, that's how I am struggled by what they say. Also religious people are like, sure, we can discuss. But what the **** is the discussion? I only feel I am pushed or underpowered. I sort of start to hate religions. (Luckily my only-one believes in God but doesn't go for religions as well... that's good because we are together in spirituality as well... yes I really care about this...)  Why am I saying this much? Anyway it's a forum, at least for me it looks like a place where I can express. 

Anyway, my point is, I feel some unspeakable feeling, maybe feeling pushed or uncomfortable or maybe some... hmm, anger? when discussing spirituality with religious people, not all the time, but when we come to the essence of religions, things just...ugh! 

"While all others are false." Yeah that's another essence of religions. (Let me derail a bit, it's sort of a complain... well I don't wanna say much about it but I really don't want to go to, even merely for having dinner, a bible study group... yeah my dad is like... I should meet some people and maybe sing some songs (those songs are for God...) but first of all he doesn't seem to understand what it means by believing in God but not religions... he is not religious but he sort of agrees what Christians may say... for me I just want to avoid talking to Christians because recently I felt hurt... wait, what's my point? Oh so it's like my dad wants me to go to meet people and for some other concerns like, I don't know, those people care about me and they may ask me how I am if I don't come or etc... like some interpersonal stuff... why am I complaining all those things I come here to discuss I guess? Never mind....)

Okay let's go back, this rail is too long lol... about "some demonic workings trying to deceive," well, it sounds possible... the saying I heard is: some demonic workings trying to take the power of God, I mean trying to, like people trying to gain power trying to overturn the government... well this is possible as well! Sometimes I am thinking about what's right for human beings. Because for the part about power, it sounds like people want to grab control over their lives, but we should actually be humble and not trying to... ugh, I am bad at expressing! I only have fragments and well some of them are in another language... (languages are actually weak, in expressing things.... they have beauty and vitality within, but they are definitely weaker than the higher form of information transmission... oh, I like derailing!) seeking some power is sort of like seeking control to their lives. Of course we have things we want in our lives. And it's hard to define what is good or authentic, or... politically correct? Joking... anyway, things just pop up in my head but they are all ****ing fragments. I struggle to put them into organized phrases. Alright, I don't like all the things in psychic field, and I don't like all spells. I've said that above. So for me, instead of digging into what should we want and what shouldn't we want, I try to regard things in a more spiritual way. Just, things are in forms of energy, and if we have access to them, or we have some ways to sort of manipulate them, we can use that to do achieve something we can't do by things we have in material world. 

What a mess! I just have a trash bin of thoughts. Also, about power, about worshipping, I sort of feel... offended, or maybe irritated? Well Christians say, when the Holy Spirit comes into them, they start to feel the longing for worshipping and praising God. Hmm... how would you explain this phenomenon? This sounds like something real! Tbh, for me, I view God sort is as something equal to us. Using a better word, I view Him as the divine source of this universe. And we come from Him, and He is higher than us but He is the same as us in some sense. He is just the perfection form of us. I would thank God, but maybe not "worship". I agree with His power and his amazing grace... but, would not necessarily worship. God is greater than our friends, our parents, our brothers and sisters, our mentors, our lovers... 

I just remember I struggled to writing in writing classes in the past. Now I am free from writing classes but I still find my thoughts messy and maybe even more messy than how they were. 

If you would like, I will share more later... 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha, so stupid... some bad words were banned... every time I see the bad words I put becomes "****", I just feel like, ha, it's so stupid... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aquila King said:

The exclusivity of religious belief is what leads them to say that. They have to contend with the idea that their religion is the only true religion while all others are false. Therefore any practices outside of that which their specific religious teachings dictate are deemed heresy. Some will simply say that things like spells are purely fictional and made up, while most will pass off the blame to demonic workings of spirits wishing to deceive people away from their 'one true faith'.

My advise: Abandon religious opinions and dogma and just stick to the spiritual.

Oh also, thank you for your advise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Julio said:

True, it is the exclusivity. That's why I don't like religions and that's why I am bothered by what those people say. Because, I don't know how to say, just imagine someone is like, this is the truth (the only correct thing), and they don't push you to follow it but you will feel pushed... I don't know if you get what I mean, that's how I am struggled by what they say. Also religious people are like, sure, we can discuss. But what the **** is the discussion? I only feel I am pushed or underpowered. I sort of start to hate religions. (Luckily my only-one believes in God but doesn't go for religions as well... that's good because we are together in spirituality as well... yes I really care about this...)  Why am I saying this much? Anyway it's a forum, at least for me it looks like a place where I can express. 

Anyway, my point is, I feel some unspeakable feeling, maybe feeling pushed or uncomfortable or maybe some... hmm, anger? when discussing spirituality with religious people, not all the time, but when we come to the essence of religions, things just...ugh! 

"While all others are false." Yeah that's another essence of religions. (Let me derail a bit, it's sort of a complain... well I don't wanna say much about it but I really don't want to go to, even merely for having dinner, a bible study group... yeah my dad is like... I should meet some people and maybe sing some songs (those songs are for God...) but first of all he doesn't seem to understand what it means by believing in God but not religions... he is not religious but he sort of agrees what Christians may say... for me I just want to avoid talking to Christians because recently I felt hurt... wait, what's my point? Oh so it's like my dad wants me to go to meet people and for some other concerns like, I don't know, those people care about me and they may ask me how I am if I don't come or etc... like some interpersonal stuff... why am I complaining all those things I come here to discuss I guess? Never mind....)

Okay let's go back, this rail is too long lol... about "some demonic workings trying to deceive," well, it sounds possible... the saying I heard is: some demonic workings trying to take the power of God, I mean trying to, like people trying to gain power trying to overturn the government... well this is possible as well! Sometimes I am thinking about what's right for human beings. Because for the part about power, it sounds like people want to grab control over their lives, but we should actually be humble and not trying to... ugh, I am bad at expressing! I only have fragments and well some of them are in another language... (languages are actually weak, in expressing things.... they have beauty and vitality within, but they are definitely weaker than the higher form of information transmission... oh, I like derailing!) seeking some power is sort of like seeking control to their lives. Of course we have things we want in our lives. And it's hard to define what is good or authentic, or... politically correct? Joking... anyway, things just pop up in my head but they are all ****ing fragments. I struggle to put them into organized phrases. Alright, I don't like all the things in psychic field, and I don't like all spells. I've said that above. So for me, instead of digging into what should we want and what shouldn't we want, I try to regard things in a more spiritual way. Just, things are in forms of energy, and if we have access to them, or we have some ways to sort of manipulate them, we can use that to do achieve something we can't do by things we have in material world. 

What a mess! I just have a trash bin of thoughts. Also, about power, about worshipping, I sort of feel... offended, or maybe irritated? Well Christians say, when the Holy Spirit comes into them, they start to feel the longing for worshipping and praising God. Hmm... how would you explain this phenomenon? This sounds like something real! Tbh, for me, I view God sort is as something equal to us. Using a better word, I view Him as the divine source of this universe. And we come from Him, and He is higher than us but He is the same as us in some sense. He is just the perfection form of us. I would thank God, but maybe not "worship". I agree with His power and his amazing grace... but, would not necessarily worship. God is greater than our friends, our parents, our brothers and sisters, our mentors, our lovers... 

I just remember I struggled to writing in writing classes in the past. Now I am free from writing classes but I still find my thoughts messy and maybe even more messy than how they were. 

If you would like, I will share more later... 

 

 

 

Do you buy a lot of stuff that you don't want from door to door salesmen, you know like vacuum cleaners. If so NO is a wonderful word it's short to the point and easy to remember.:tu:

jmccr8

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Do you buy a lot of stuff that you don't want from door to door salesmen, you know like vacuum cleaners. If so NO is a wonderful word it's short to the point and easy to remember.:tu:

jmccr8

Huh? NO to what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Julio said:

Huh? NO to what?

AHH WELL,you seem to have a problem with people pushing you so NO is a good word to use when that happens. Last election someone knocked at my door and as I was going to answer it I could see them through the window and that they were going to tell me what great guys they are and blah, blah blah so I just opened the door and said no and closed the door I watched him through the window and the look of confusion on his face was priceless.:w00t:

jmccr8

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jmccr8 said:

AHH WELL,you seem to have a problem with people pushing you so NO is a good word to use when that happens. Last election someone knocked at my door and as I was going to answer it I could see them through the window and that they were going to tell me what great guys they are and blah, blah blah so I just opened the door and said no and closed the door I watched him through the window and the look of confusion on his face was priceless.:w00t:

jmccr8

You know I actually just got it and wanted to ask you if what I thought is what you meant and then I saw you already explained... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Julio said:

You know I actually just got it and wanted to ask you if what I thought is what you meant and then I saw you already explained... 

:tu:

It's a magic potion that works

jmccr8

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

:tu:

It's a magic potion that works

jmccr8

NO. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Julio said:

NO. :P

See it works:lol:

jmccr8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Julio said:

Ha, so stupid... some bad words were banned... every time I see the bad words I put becomes "****", I just feel like, ha, it's so stupid... 

Not so stupid.. we have kids under 18 on this site, and we also request that members be civil and courteous to each other, and that includes not using profanity. Not using profanity is covered under 3c of the site rules, found here: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/guidelines/  I realize some members bend or break this rule fairly often, but most of us manage to be able to not use profanity just fine. It's not stupid to ask members to be polite and not use profanity. But when members do use profanity, that's what the profanity filter is for. All you got to do to not see those asterisks you find stupid is not be stupid and break rule 3c.

But beyond that, and back to the topic....

There have been Christian practitioners here on UM. I'm not sure if there are any here right now though. They drew their "power" from God and Jesus. Pretty much all spellcasting is is prayer of a specific kind of format. Different rituals for different folks depending on their taste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rashore said:

Not so stupid.. we have kids under 18 on this site, and we also request that members be civil and courteous to each other, and that includes not using profanity. Not using profanity is covered under 3c of the site rules, found here: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/guidelines/  I realize some members bend or break this rule fairly often, but most of us manage to be able to not use profanity just fine. It's not stupid to ask members to be polite and not use profanity. But when members do use profanity, that's what the profanity filter is for. All you got to do to not see those asterisks you find stupid is not be stupid and break rule 3c.

But beyond that, and back to the topic....

There have been Christian practitioners here on UM. I'm not sure if there are any here right now though. They drew their "power" from God and Jesus. Pretty much all spellcasting is is prayer of a specific kind of format. Different rituals for different folks depending on their taste.

Yeah, it's only really an issue if you want to post your favorite movie clip, and it happens to be from The Big Lebowski. Lol. 

No dice. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Do you buy a lot of stuff that you don't want from door to door salesmen, you know like vacuum cleaners. If so NO is a wonderful word it's short to the point and easy to remember.:tu:

jmccr8

However, my dad seems to be fine with those "salesmen" (he doesn't necessarily follow them, but as I said, he was like, if I believe (in God) why wouldn't I try to know more about Him... but I just don'f think Christianity has that kind of authority!) And as I stated in that long post, that I don't want to have dinner in bible study group but he wants me to come for whatever reason... 

But well, I don't think I would really say that "NO"... I don't know, I sort of want people to think I am right. Sometimes I don't want to be someone who is strange and I don't know... just feel like, those people are good... and my parents want me to meet more people because I am depressed! Well that may be a way, but maybe not for me. Yeah I am always the strangest person... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Julio said:

However, my dad seems to be fine with those "salesmen" (he doesn't necessarily follow them, but as I said, he was like, if I believe (in God) why wouldn't I try to know more about Him... but I just don'f think Christianity has that kind of authority!) And as I stated in that long post, that I don't want to have dinner in bible study group but he wants me to come for whatever reason... 

But well, I don't think I would really say that "NO"... I don't know, I sort of want people to think I am right. Sometimes I don't want to be someone who is strange and I don't know... just feel like, those people are good... and my parents want me to meet more people because I am depressed! Well that may be a way, but maybe not for me. Yeah I am always the strangest person... 

I'm sure your dad has good intentions and wants you to find people that he thinks would be a positive influence. If your not comfortable  with openly discussing how you feel maybe try doing some volunteer work in an area that will give you a positive outlook and an opportunity to  network and fond people that share some common  interests. 

jmccr8

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.