Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How will the messiah save us?

trevor borocz johnson

4 minutes ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

You are already saved.

The savior is part of a rescue operation from Divine forces and taught us how to reach gnosis to liberate ourselves. He also showed us that the jugemental creator-god of this world is false. That false god couldn't stand man's awakening. You're higher than that God.

What's gnosis? So does this mean you don't believe a new leader is on the horizon?

32 minutes ago, trevorhbj said:

Don't you read the news? I only know what they tell me. 

I do listen to the news. And usually fact-check too. But nowhere have I heard that global warming will cause the earth to dry up in 7 years. Got a link or other info?

• Like 3

Saved....how? Saved....from what? Will I be taken somewhere I don't want to go? I think you have to define 'saved' and what it means to each individual - one person's 'saved' might be another's tortured existence. Does being saved mean I have to be dead? And don't go spouting about a golden city in the sky and kissing the rosy red posterior of some fictional omnipotent being. It just strikes me as the height of childish ignorance and failure to accept reality.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Timonthy said:

I do listen to the news. And usually fact-check too. But nowhere have I heard that global warming will cause the earth to dry up in 7 years. Got a link or other info?

Depending on a mythological creature to come save humanity prevents people from saving themselves.  

• Like 4

15 hours ago, trevorhbj said:

What's gnosis? So does this mean you don't believe a new leader is on the horizon?

To gnostics, true religion - elite spirituality - is a realization of the divinity of every person, an experience of ascent to the divine homeland. It is a knowledge of the way we once were God and of the processes by which God came to be self-forgetful as to become us. Mere human beings under the control of another lesser god.

Those are the lessons taught in the gnostic gospels.

Jesus incarnated on this earth to shatter the illusion. Give us the means to break free from the Matrix.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, trevorhbj said:

That is some next level preaching right there. Hard to watch, I didn’t last to the first minute. 

So, what’s your point? It should be simple to make, but you last few vague replies haven’t helped at all. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Timonthy said:

That is some next level preaching right there. Hard to watch, I didn’t last to the first minute. 

So, what’s your point? It should be simple to make, but you last few vague replies haven’t helped at all.

Well you gotta watch the whole thing , then absorb its message and get back to me.

18 minutes ago, trevorhbj said:

Well you gotta watch the whole thing , then absorb its message and get back to me.

Okay you win. Will reply after I watch it.

• 2 weeks later...

The same way Noah fit all those animals on the ark, magic!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adampadum123 said:

Do people still believe in Jesus lol

Yes, why do you ask, do you not believe we can have an opinion that differs from yours if we do not try and force you to believe our opinion or make fun of said opinion, and to quote you "lol". 

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 0:13 AM, trevorhbj said:

If its end times and there is truly only seven years left before global warming dries up the place, we dramatically need someone to be a world leader who begins the preparing for this event to take place. That's what biblical figures do is lead people and save them. That is the call for the need of this someone in our present situation. The signs are scientific. "And the four angels who had been kept ready for this very hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind." revelation 9:15. does this mean we should ignore the inevitable just because the bible says it or is it a chance for everyone to prepare? I've said it before that the uninhabited region of Canada above the Great Lakes needs a world army that anyone with debt or not to join immediatley and start building that region up. I live on the Great Lakes and feel much more protected then I'm sure some of you do. What I don't feel protected from is the emergency everyone else is going to feel. 

:mellow: ...Am I the only one who feels like this is just rambling nonsense?...

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Glockornothing said:

Yes, why do you ask, do you not believe we can have an opinion that differs from yours if we do not try and force you to believe our opinion or make fun of said opinion, and to quote you "lol". 

My most sincere apologies and I don't believe in god or gods.i deal in factual scientific studies that or proven.not make believe books and I wasn't poking fun at anyone like you said anyone can have an opinion:)kinda seems like you read a little to much into my message. I guess it's a touchy subject for you lol!!!

• Like 1

On 10/12/2017 at 9:53 PM, TruthSeeker_ said:
On 10/3/2017 at 0:10 AM, Mr Guitar said:

Saved....how? Saved....from what?

From our despotic egos.

I think Mr. Guitar made a good point, from the post you quoted this bit from. I'm glad I'm not the only one that goes :huh: when hearing about 'being saved' in terms of a certain religious view point. Especially being raised secular, and thinking being saved, means from drowning, from making a huge realistic mistake, like taking the wrong path or eating something that could poison you. 

I feel a certain helplessness, if I have to be 'saved' from our despotic egos. Frankly, I thought I was doing ok, on my own. In fact, I think mankind has no problem doing that, if they have the thought and consideration to see it themselves. Yes, some don't, but others can point out that, not just 'only' a religious deity. (I say only, because I feel my higher being helps keep me in check. I say 'helps', because I feel, I can have the awareness to keep tabs on myself.) Plus, is the deity really saving everyone from their despotic egos? 

• Like 3

12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.?

1 hour ago, revchar said:

Ephesians 6:12

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:30 AM, revchar said:

Ephesians 6:12

Does that include the biggest tyrant of them all, Yahweh?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Does that include the biggest tyrant of them all, Yahweh?

I'm glad we can agree on something!:tsu:

• Like 1

On 9/27/2017 at 0:13 AM, trevorhbj said:

If its end times and there is truly only seven years left before global warming dries up the place, we dramatically need someone to be a world leader who begins the preparing for this event to take place. That's what biblical figures do is lead people and save them. That is the call for the need of this someone in our present situation. The signs are scientific. "And the four angels who had been kept ready for this very hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind." revelation 9:15. does this mean we should ignore the inevitable just because the bible says it or is it a chance for everyone to prepare? I've said it before that the uninhabited region of Canada above the Great Lakes needs a world army that anyone with debt or not to join immediatley and start building that region up. I live on the Great Lakes and feel much more protected then I'm sure some of you do. What I don't feel protected from is the emergency everyone else is going to feel. 

If we are in the end times (and I truly believe we are), global warming is the least of our worries.  Upheaval and tribulation is prophesied to happen and those alive (Christians too) must endure.  This is why we're called to come out of her so that we will be spared.  Revelation 18:4 - "And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues."  In other words, you don't want to be in a big city when it all goes down.  We will be protected, but that's not a guarantee if we're near ground zero.  Rather than relying on men, we're called to have faith in God, that His will be done.  Worst case scenario, death is a temporary sleep, especially if you're saved.

The above verse (Revelation 18:4) has a double meaning. 

• "Be ye not partakers of her sins" - In other words, turn away from worldly things and look to God.  Remove sin from your life and obey God's commandments.  Sin is transgression of the Law.  If you're looking to the world for solutions, you'll have irrational fear about moving away to Canada to save yourself from plagues that shouldn't be an issue if your eyes are on God and faith in Him to protect you (as He promised).  Come out of her before the tribulation, so that you have the armor of God.  Keep in mind, none of us can be sinless, but it pleases God that we love Him enough to obey and repent when we fail.
  • "That ye receive not of her plagues" - This speaks of the tribulation, of course, but there's more.  Plagues or afflictions can be the physical, mental or emotional consequences from turning away from God and not obeying Him.  From putting worldly things above God (idolatry).  Remember, the wages of sin is death anyway (we all die).  Imagine the consequences of our own actions, because we deny God or don't meet Him halfway.  In other words, if you're not looking to God constantly, your tendency toward sin and worldly aspirations will overtake your life, faith wanes and uncertainty sets in, along with irrational fear.  And maybe we should be afraid of the wrath of God, because of our disobedience.

And so it all goes hand in hand.  Now is the time to come out of the world, to let go of the things in your life that distract you from God and do God's will.  Then, when the time comes, the angel's message will let you know when to come out of her and where to go, at the time of tribulation.

I live in central Ohio.  I think I'm in the safest place in the world right now, all things considered.  Regardless, I'm not worried about it, because I trust God to keep me safe.  If there comes a time when I have to leave, I have some food and gear and know how to survive if I have to.  God will provide.

What it all comes down to is the Ten Commandments are the character of God.  We are called to pursue righteousness, so that we are ready for the kingdom of God.  When you put God first in your life, the fear disappears and is replaced with peace and knowing.

Edited by FrethKindheart
  • Like 1

What can we expect the day after the 'end of the world'?

According to Wiki, there have been 183 end of the world predictions that have failed. Many of these were prophesied by religious zealots through fear propaganda.

Here are just a few of them:

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/profecias/esp_profecia62.htm

Furthermore....................

The world as we know it WILL eventually end
In time, the end of the world will arrive but it will not occur through end time prophecy. Sorry doomtards and religious zealots.In time, one of two events will occur which will end life on this planet as we know it.

• The first scenario is that our sun will eventually go supernova and will engulf the earth.

• The second scenario involves our sister galaxy, Andromeda, as we are on a collision course with this galaxy, but this won't happen for billions of years.

In both of these scenarios, it is possible (and likely) that we will have developed the technology to be able to live elsewhere, whether that is another planet that has life sustaining elements such as a breathable atmosphere and water, or in space stations.

Depending on when any given prophecy was made, chances are, the day after the end of the world prediction was made will not be much different than today.

Religious fear mongering
It seems many of the world leaders are eager to fulfill end time prophecies through Armageddon despite their constituents demanding world peace.
Other religious zealots expect the return of Jesus Christ.

It is interesting to note that the letter "J" was not invented until the 1500's, which means there was no one named,
Jesus, John, Jacob, Jeremiah, Job, Joseph, etc…

Even if Jesus' real name was Yeshua ben Yoseph, his translated name would be "Joshua, son of Jospeh".

In astro-theology, Jesus is the "Sun" who dies on the (Southern Cross) for 3 days and is resurrected (when the sun begins moving in its progression towards to summer solstice).
So yes, Jesus (the Sun) will return as he returns every day to give us sunshine and life sustaining warmth.
The physical "Jesus" however, will not. Jesus is some guy in Mexico...

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/profecias/esp_profecia62.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Strong's Concordance

Iésous: Jesus or Joshua, the name of the Messiah, also three other Isr.

Original Word: Ἰησοῦς, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: Iésous
Phonetic Spelling: (ee-ay-sooce')
Short Definition: Jesus
Definition: Jesus; the Greek form of Joshua; Jesus, son of Eliezer; Jesus, surnamed Justus.

HELPS Word-studies

2424 IēsoúsJesus, the transliteration of the Hebrew term, 3091 /Lṓt ("Yehoshua"/Jehoshua, contracted to "Joshua") which means "Yahweh saves" (or "Yahweh is salvation").

"Jesus Christ" is properly "Jesus the Christ." "Jesus" (2424 /Iēsoús) is His human name, as the incarnate, eternal Son of God (Mt 1:21,25, see also Lk 1:31) – the Christ, the divine Messiah (the second Person of the holy Trinity).

[Christ (His title) means "the Anointed One" (the eternal pre-incarnate, Logos, Jn 1:1-18).]

STRONGS NT 2424: Ἰησοῦς

Ἰησοῦς, Ἰησοῦ, dative Ἰησοῦ, accusative Ἰησοῦν, vocative Ἰησοῦ (Winer's Grammar, § 10, 1), , Jesus (יְהושֻׁעַ and according to a later form, יֵשׁוּעַ, Syriac 9wSy [], i. e. whose help is Jehovah; German Gotthilf; but later writings gave the name the force of יְשׁוּעָה, see Matthew 1:21, cf. Sir. 46:1 Ἰησοῦς ὅς ἐγένετο κατά τό ὄνομα αὐτοῦ μέγας ἐπί σωτηρία ἐκλεκτῶν αὐτοῦ, of Joshua, the successor of Moses; Philo, nom. mutat. § 21 Ἰησοῦς ἑρμηνεύεται σωτηρία κυρίου), a very common proper name among the Israelites; cf. Delitzsch, Der Jesusname, in the Zeitschr. f. d. Luth. Theol. for 1876, p. 209 sq. [Keim i. 384 sq. (Eng. trans. ii. 97 sq.)]."

Edited by FrethKindheart

On 10/15/2017 at 5:57 AM, Aquila King said:

:mellow: ...Am I the only one who feels like this is just rambling nonsense?...

Short answer: no !

Long answer: hell no !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/27/2017 at 0:15 PM, RavenHawk said:

Jesus has already save those who believe.

Amen.