Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A past experience

XenoFish

Alright here we go. I am going to share with you an experience I had when I was a stupid teenager. As this progresses you'll understand the stupid part. And I am not expecting the warmest welcome on sharing this as I am one of the more hard nosed skeptics around here. Here we go....

Back in the mid 90's when I was in high school, after I started practicing magick and had just begun bodybuilding. I was taking a supplement that was supposed to help me shred weight off so I could have abs (yes I was one of those stupid teens). This supplement was basically caffeine pills. So I had been taking them for a few weeks, drinking water. Then for some very stupid reason I decided to wash them down with a pepsi, this is where our story begins (I do not recommend doing this at all period, if you do then you are mentally defective and it's all on you idiot)

So I'm wound up, my brain is overclocked by 1000% and I can not sleep. Two and a half days actually. It was during this time that I had some very strange experiences. I was finishing people sentience before they did. Told them what they were thinking exactly. One of my friends later remarked that the chair I was going to sit in during study hall had moved of it's own accord. I began hearing voices by the second day, near the end of that second day more of the same weird stuff was happening. It almost literally felt as if I could hear and feel everyone in the world. All those emotion, all those thoughts. Saw a lot of shadow people. I had no idea what was going on. By the last day, everything went deafeningly silent. I barely made it home from work that night and sleep a full day away. I have no clue what happened to me and I never took those supplements again. It was bizarre to say the least. I just think it was my brain working overtime and my conscious and subconscious decided to become one. :lol:

I was living in a waking dream perhaps. Here it is. Something "supernatural, psychic, and paranormal" from Xeno.

Oh, as a side note. A month later I had a sleep deprive encounter with a gnome. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 7

Thanks for sharing.  By your own admission, your experiences were induced from what you were taking at the time.  They were instrumental in you entering an altered state of consciousness.  They obviously enhanced your psychic abilities but others achieve this without the chemical set up.

I used to take LSD for insights.  Although it was a shortcut, I eventually gave this experience less credence and preferred to 'get there' by natural means.

That sharper hearing and seeing and stuff I also had in the past mostly this starts to occur after being awake for more than 24 hours. Somehow I start to connect things no one else would connect and somehow like you said it feels like you can see and hear the entire world and everything within youreself becomes one.

Did you ever had this again later on or did you never tried to achieve that state again? Because Im wondering if there would be some way to be in that state like forever. Although probably not safe to be in for long term. Also one other thing I noticed is that after being in this kind of state and have slept a lot cant be rememberd like things you tought. 

I sometimes keep myself awake for like straight 48 hours and than sit at my pc and think on stuff and write them down in a notebook or put what is in my mind on pc and put it on my external hard drive.

4 minutes ago, sees said:

Thanks for sharing.  By your own admission, your experiences were induced from what you were taking at the time.  They were instrumental in you entering an altered state of consciousness.  They obviously enhanced your psychic abilities but others achieve this without the chemical set up.

I used to take LSD for insights.  Although it was a shortcut, I eventually gave this experience less credence and preferred to 'get there' by natural means.

Exaclty I try to do this in natural state without the help off any medication, drugs or whatever. But it takes a while mostly when I am awake for over 24 hours gets me there. Although I did never stretched it to see how far I could actualy go in staying awake and if that would even further increase some abilities.

7 minutes ago, Blaid Drwg said:

That sharper hearing and seeing and stuff I also had in the past mostly this starts to occur after being awake for more than 24 hours. Somehow I start to connect things no one else would connect and somehow like you said it feels like you can see and hear the entire world and everything within youreself becomes one.

Did you ever had this again later on or did you never tried to achieve that state again? Because Im wondering if there would be some way to be in that state like forever. Although probably not safe to be in for long term. Also one other thing I noticed is that after being in this kind of state and have slept a lot cant be rememberd like things you tought. 

I sometimes keep myself awake for like straight 48 hours and than sit at my pc and think on stuff and write them down in a notebook or put what is in my mind on pc and put it on my external hard drive.

It's not something I tried to achieve again. Though I have had several sleep deprived experiences. I figured I would share this. I don't take it too serious and still question the validity of all that happened. 

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It's not something I tried to achieve again. Though I have had several sleep deprived experiences. I figured I would share this. I don't take it too serious and still question the validity of all that happened. 

Still even friends told you a chair moved on its own. Would have been fun if someone would have filmed it. Mostly when I try this (yes you can call me a nutter for trying to do this) I stay indoors at home because Im a bit afraid of what could happen if I would go out and wander arround in the city.

2 minutes ago, Blaid Drwg said:

Still even friends told you a chair moved on its own. Would have been fun if someone would have filmed it. Mostly when I try this (yes you can call me a nutter for trying to do this) I stay indoors at home because Im a bit afraid of what could happen if I would go out and wander arround in the city.

Don't get me wrong I am a skeptic. But I do "goof around" with more questionable efforts occasionally. I don't take any of them serious like I used to but it's more for fun. Back when I was a practicing occultist, we used a black mirror to contact spirits. What was seen was the result of expectation and pareidolia. I can pretty much debunk a lot of what I experienced in the past. Once I started looking at it. What I mentioned in my OP, I figure that was the results of an overworked brain and sleep deprivation. Still it was weird. 

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Don't get me wrong I am a skeptic. But I do "goof around" with more questionable efforts occasionally. I don't take any of them serious like I used to but it's more for fun. Back when I was a practicing occultist, we used a black mirror to contact spirits. What was seen was the result of expectation and pareidolia. I can pretty much debunk a lot of what I experienced in the past. Once I started looking at it. What I mentioned in my OP, I figure that was the results of an overworked brain and sleep deprivation. Still it was weird. 

I wonder if there would be someone somewhere that ever made a serious study about this with the results and published that.

2 minutes ago, Blaid Drwg said:

I wonder if there would be someone somewhere that ever made a serious study about this with the results and published that.

The thing with at is you'll find a lot of answers in psychology. I did. Which kind of killed the magic for magick. I think it really has a lot to do with beliefs and our state of mind, coupled with whatever we expect out of whatever we're doing. It's like going to a house with some subconscious expectation to see a ghost, and you do. But was it really a ghost or a figment of the imagination? Same thing used to happen to me during evocations. I'd see "things" but was never sure if they were real or imaginary. Everything that I've done concerning research has shown me that it came from my mind. Which this idea might disappoint some, I find it fascinating.

Sleep deprivation can do some weird things to a person.  When my daughter was a teen, she started having trouble sleeping at night.  As a result, she started seeing "shadow people" darting around her and heard voices.  It was originally thought that she might be schizophrenic but when she started taking meds to help her sleep, it all stopped.  She still occasionally will see or hear things but it's usually when she hasn't taken her meds and has been awake for days.  It's fascinating what the body will do.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tcgram said:

Sleep deprivation can do some weird things to a person.  When my daughter was a teen, she started having trouble sleeping at night.  As a result, she started seeing "shadow people" darting around her and heard voices.  It was originally thought that she might be schizophrenic but when she started taking meds to help her sleep, it all stopped.  She still occasionally will see or hear things but it's usually when she hasn't taken her meds and has been awake for days.  It's fascinating what the body will do.  

That's the things there are a lot of explanations to some of the weird things in life. I've had times were I'd be thinking of something or about something, and it just occurs. Was at work and needed a old cell phone charging cord, my mom comes into the shop and asks me moments later if I wanted her old charger. That was odd. Stuff like that happens to me all the time. I just think of it as being an strange coincidence. 

• Like 1

I wonder if there are coincidences happening daily around us but we fail to notice them regularly.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tcgram said:

I wonder if there are coincidences happening daily around us but we fail to notice them regularly.  

I think that right there is the answer. In magick and in religion people often pray about things, and notice what going on around the differently. They see what they seek. I mean if you weren't expecting it and it happened it would just be luck, if you thought about it and it happened. Then it would be "magic". Hope that makes sense.

• Like 1

It does make sense.  My dad always told me growing up that if I looked for something hard enough and long enough, I would find it, real or imagined.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tcgram said:

It does make sense.  My dad always told me growing up that if I looked for something hard enough and long enough, I would find it, real or imagined.   

I call that the New Car Effect. If you buy a new car you'll notice the same car on the road more often. We have a superstition at work were we do not talk about a part/job till it's done. Because it'll be jinxed. And I do not know why, but I will not talk about what I'm working on till I'm done. It's irrational but I think in a way it tones down my awareness and I start making mistakes and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I call that the New Car Effect. If you buy a new car you'll notice the same car on the road more often. We have a superstition at work were we do not talk about a part/job till it's done. Because it'll be jinxed. And I do not know why, but I will not talk about what I'm working on till I'm done. It's irrational but I think in a way it tones down my awareness and I start making mistakes and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I so reckon this. I drive a an old Ford Fiesta from 1997 (my first car stil in perfect condition and cant say goodbye to it so will keep it till he realy does not drive anymore) and a few months ago our city has a new policy wich is called the LEZ zone wich is a zone that does not allow cars with a diesel engine once pased a certain age. Now my car is a benzine and so I actualy tought and told my wife that we actualy do not see many cars anymore like mine, since them I see them all around somehow, wich made me wonder where they there al along and did I not notice them or they just popped up because ppl had to get rid of there diesel enigined car to get a benzine one and had not much money so bought an old car with an benzine engine. Apparently I just did not notice but they where there before already :)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

A meaningful coincidence is a coincidence that you've given meaning to.:tu:

This even sounds nice :) Than again always love a good slogan. One of my favourite is Amat Victoria Curam (Victory loves preparation)

• Like 3

Just now, Blaid Drwg said:

This even sounds nice :) Than again always love a good slogan. One of my favourite is Amat Victoria Curam (Victory loves preparation)

It's the philosopher in me.:lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I have the coolest black mirror, and I was so disappointed. That **** never worked for me. Maybe I didn't stay awake long enough. 

• Like 2

Just now, ChaosRose said:

I have the coolest black mirror, and I was so disappointed. That **** never worked for me. Maybe I didn't stay awake long enough. 

Worked for me and I made mine our of a laminated sheet of black paper, I was cheap. You start seeing that face distortion things and then whatever it is you expect. Not really magical at all, just your brain trying to process repeated stimuli.

• Like 1

You should share some of your occult experiences. That would be fun. 

Just now, XenoFish said:

Worked for me and I made mine our of a laminated sheet of black paper, I was cheap. You start seeing that face distortion things and then whatever it is you expect. Not really magical at all, just your brain trying to process repeated stimuli.

I stared and stared at that damn thing. I didn't see nuthin. Pffft. 

Makes a pretty set around, though.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

You should share some of your occult experiences. That would be fun. 

Like what. The time I went to a cemetery at midnight on Halloween, drew a sigil I designed for evoking the dead n the ground. Then walked around the whole place seeing all kind of crazy stuff. Then waking up the next morning after I'd come home to find all the cabinet doors open. Which I figured was my family playing a trick on me. How about the time I was deep in focal meditation and heard a loud crash in the kitchen, going to see what it was and finding the broom (which had been in the laundry room) on the kitchen floor. Then what about the month were I couldn't get near my wife's car because it would not start up with me near it. If I got 10 foot from it, it ran fine. If I were to take these experience seriously I would be a master magician, but I never could. I've been washing dishes before and had forks and spoons bend after I set them to dry on a towel. Again I am skeptical. Sure it weird, and possibly paranormal. Even some of the more "psychic" experiences I've had make me question things. It's just that there hasn't been a profound WTF moment that would fully convince me. These experiences are also a source of my internal struggle between who I was and who I am now. I used to have faith in things, not so much now. 

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

A month later I had a sleep deprive encounter with a gnome. 

Please do tell *crosses leg and eats popcorn*.

• The topic was locked