Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Ghost' caught on camera? school CCTV footage

Still Waters

For most students, the scariest part of school is homework.

But students at Deepark CBS in Cork have something a little more scary to deal with... a ghost.

Well, perhaps not. You'll have to decide for yourself.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/banter/trending/watch-ghost-caught-on-camera-corks-oldest-school-releases-eerie-cctv-footage-36197172.html

• Like 8

Well it's very interesting to say the least.

The problem with all these video documentations is that it could be faked. Not saying this is faked, merely that it could be. Just like the thousands of other videos out there. And this is coming from a firm believer in ghosts and the 'paranormal'. Scientific tests need to be done in order to fully rule out any known forces, so that all would be left is an unknown force.

• Like 1

I should also add that an 'unknown force' itself would not prove ghosts either. Merely that there's an unknown force. Once we establish the existence of this unknown force, then we can test for intelligent responses behind said force. Then based on the responses themselves, we can begin to get a clearer picture as to what we'd be dealing with.

Of course practically no one does that because those who believe in this stuff blame practically everything on ghosts, and those who are skeptical just dismiss it all ad hoc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aquila King said:

The problem with all these video documentations is that it could be faked.

Always something to be weary of. I would love it if they posted the last few hours of the footage (sped up of course). Or even the full day but that is probably a privacy issue at that point

• Like 2

Most likely this is an advert as noted by SecretSanta.

With that said, do security cameras that are in school halls typically come with microphones, especially with such ability to pick up the sound so well?

Also, what is with the what appears as a jacket or jacket arm behind the leftmost locker and the wire channeling? A buffer to protect the locker or to hide something perhaps?

Also, the pixels look funny when the door slams. This is most noticeable when the video is in full screen.

Either way, this is well done.

Edited by Lailoken
grammar

Why are all the moving items either in the shadows or at a place where a hiding person can make the object move.  I would have been impressed if the wet floor sign stayed in frame as it was destroyed.  But SecretSanta is more than likely correct.

• Like 2

Looks like a window or something behind the first locker. So someone would have been shoving it, and yet it doesn't seems out of place. It falls right back to were it was. The door "blasting" open could easily be faked and all it takes is some fishing line to trip up the wet floor sign. And a person to slam the door. Eh, probably just testing stuff out for there Halloween thing. I expect to seem more of in influx of "ghost" videos and claims the closer to Oct 31st we get.

• Like 1

It's a pretty interesting video even if it was faked and I enjoyed watching it. :) My dog was acting barking in the background thinking that something was going on inside my bedroom. Wonder if there's a longer video out there that exists.

Edited by WhispersInTheAttic

Fearpark?

October 29th?

Halloween?

Ghosts and Ghouls?

I very much dislike videos like this. They are obviously fake. If there were such things as poltergiests then there would be some evidence of consciousness surviving death. The proof that certain religions are correct in their faith but as it stands now, there has never been anything that I have seen that has been shown to be real.

Videos like this are great if you want to stoke fear in the hearts of little children, or gullible adults. Unfortunately it seems that we indeed live in a world bereft of magic and Spirits... a clockwork universe(how very disturbing and scary).

Edited by Nzo

*Yawn.*

• Like 2

Great Halloween stuff! Of course it's fake, but it's fun to pretend.

• Like 1

I found another article.

An Irish school that used to experience certain unexplained disturbances recently captured a bizarre footage on CCTV camera. The video which was caught at a corridor in Deerpark school in Cork shows certain movements that have baffled people. The clip was filmed on motion-activated cameras installed at the spot. The video shows a door opening and shutting without any force while a furniture is rocking back and forth. At one point, one of the lockers fly open spilling some papers on the floor. The school Principal Kevin Barry said he is not sure if someone was playing a ‘very well-designed prank’. However, rumors of ghosts in the school have been strongly doing rounds lately.

Barry also said that the school building is quite old which dates back to 1828 and has a lot of history. He said that there have been instances when people have heard strange sounds from the area which caught their attention. While the school authorities doubt it to be a prank they aren’t sure what exactly is the cause.

Talking about the ‘ghostly’ incident, Daily Mail quoted Kevin Barry as saying, “Obviously we were alerted to movement in the school and when we went back to review the movement that’s what we saw. It was in the middle of the night. We’re bemused ourselves, we don’t know. We do feel there is something strange going on because people do get from time to time a real chill in the air when they go past that area. It’s very interesting – one of my teachers brings his pet in with him but the pet never wants to go down that way.”

We have the video and more of the story here. It strikes me as quite possible. If the principal and staff know it was a hoax, would they let the story get this far scaring the kids? Also, the sudden violent movement of the floor sign reminds me of the violence I've seen in multiple other claimed events. And there is claimed paranormal history with the old school.  Feerpark Oct 29? Publicity stunt?? 

Based on what I know the Papameter rates the chances     80% paranormal ; 20% Hoax ; 0% Natural Causes

One of the least convincing 'ghost vids' I have seen .   The set up is obvious ,   and 'surrounding events' speak for themselves  :D 

On the  btebsmeter  ;

Image result for destroyed meter

• Like 1

I agree with Hammerclaw... "Yawn"....

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

clearly set up- for starters how else would they know to check what that camera saw at 3am?

Secondly what student in the history of the world has ever kept a locker with stuff pilled in it that neatly!? 

I'm on the fence about the existence of ghosts, but I know with absolute certainty no school kid was EVER that tidy!

If you look at 0:58 there is a ball-shaped distortion directed from the window towards the locker door, causing it to open..

Fun Halloween video ... but anytime I see a "Wet Floor" sign, I get suspicious. 

But ... perhaps this ghost had trouble with her footing as she was making her way down the hall.

4 hours ago, Ashyne said:

If you look at 0:58 there is a ball-shaped distortion directed from the window towards the locker door, causing it to open..

I looked a couple more times but didn't see it. Which window should I be looking at? (A ball-shaped distortion sounds more paranormal than normal)

20 hours ago, paperdyer said:

Why are all the moving items either in the shadows or at a place where a hiding person can make the object move. 

I don't see that being the case with the wet  floor sign.

They're joking about this and figure it was a student prank leading up to the Fearpark event.

It's sad that people are so easy to jump on the "itmustbeghosts" bandwagon.

Some kids are having a huge laugh at the expense of the gullible.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Some kids are having a huge laugh at the expense of the gullible.

Indeed, they won't get any laughs round these parts though...

46 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

A ball-shaped distortion sounds more paranormal than normal

... :geek:

Nothing was shown in that video that couldn't of been rigged. 

Lot of 4 columns of lockers: window behind them appears to have movement.

How considerate for ghosts to not do everything at once, presume it's so us fleshies don't get flustered. 

• Like 2

A cctv camera running all night and all this happens within 2 minutes. So fake,  but good for the students, they have doen well in the production and there could be a Stephen King in the making among them. 

Its all a bit of fun.....:lol:, until it goes too far and one of the "gullibles " believes it is real. rolleyes.gif

• Like 3