Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man changes his name to Yorkshire Tea

Black Monk

It’s great honouring the things you love, but one man has taken it to new levels recently.

Nathan Derek Garner has decided to ditch his middle name and replace it with one of Britain’s favourite brands of tea – so he is now called Nathan Yorkshire Tea Garner.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/08/proud-yorkshireman-actually-changes-his-name-to-yorkshire-tea-by-deed-poll-6985097/?ito=cbshare

• Like 2

I always expect we had reached the bottom of stupidity. Alas, someone is banging from below...

• Like 1

Well I really like a

Venti, sugar-free, non-fat, vanilla soy, double shot, decaf, Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha with light whip and extra syrup Latte With Caramel Drizzle macchiato,

maybe I will change my name to that....and I want no short cuts.:P

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

I always expect we had reached the bottom of stupidity. Alas, someone is banging from below...

Stupidity is behaviour that shows a lack of good sense or judgement. I can't see what's stupid about this.

7 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Well I really like a

Venti, sugar-free, non-fat, vanilla soy, double shot, decaf, Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha with light whip and extra syrup Latte With Caramel Drizzle macchiato,

maybe I will change my name to that....and I want no short cuts.:P

Thats freakin' hilarious:clap:

2 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Stupidity is behaviour that shows a lack of good sense or judgement. I can't see what's stupid about this.

Really?!!

10 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Really?!!

Nope. It's his name. He can have what he likes. I'm thinking of changing my middle name to Newcastle Brown Ale.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Black Monk said:

I would say it was a pretty stupid idea, can not see any good sense or judgement involved in this name change.

But each to his own,  he is not harming anyone. 

Ok this is for tea, but can he use their trademarked name.....as his name?

But Taylors of Harrogate, which makes Yorkshire Tea, claimed it had trademark rights to use the county name for tea.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-14760969

Nope. It's his name. He can have what he likes. I'm thinking of changing my middle name to Newcastle Brown Ale.

Black Newcastle Brown Ale Monk?

actually its got a ring to  it. I like.

• Like 1

we may be long lost brothers...

• Like 2

He'd fit right in, here in the forums.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Black Newcastle Brown Ale Monk?

actually its got a ring to  it. I like.

It's a great name.

There's a campaign at the moment to have some sort of parliament or assembly for the four Yorkshires (which, when they were unified pre-1974, made up England's largest county). I'm sure Mr Tea would support such a thing.

Did you know that Yorkshire has a larger GDP than something like 11 European countries and that it won more medals than Canada in the 2016 Rio Olympics?

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

Yorkshire Terrier likes this.

On 08/10/2017 at 8:50 PM, freetoroam said:

Ok this is for tea, but can he use their trademarked name.....as his name?

Should be ok, after all (alleged closet transvestite) J Edgar Hoover didn't get sued by any vacuum cleaner manufacturers

• Like 1

On 10/9/2017 at 9:08 PM, bmk1245 said:

Hey, I'll rename myself to Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Cool name, isn't it?

You got an extra z in there, i think the 4th one should not be there.

Can you not stick with something shorter...like bmk?

On 10/9/2017 at 9:06 PM, EBE Hybrid said:

(alleged closet transvestite) J Edgar Hoover 

Are there people who believe this? 

The story is even more ridiculous than what he would have looked like in a frock, wig and make-up. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh great, now you have to be careful when you order "Yorkshire Tea ". Along this same line "someone" long ago said how your name is pronounced is up to you.because it's a proper name. If you spell your name 'James' you could say it's pronounced 'Chester'.  Is this true? Confusing yes but would it be legal?