Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO Over Yellowstone?

LucidElement

7 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Orbs like this one are often seen near volcanos. I wouldn't be surprised if one day we figure out they are a natural phenomenon. Cool video, thanks for posting it.

I think that something similar to this could be an explanation for 'orb' phenomena around volcano's: http://www.wired.co.uk/article/earthquake-lights-explanation

'Seismological Research Letters believes it has the answer: subvertical faults in continental rifts are releasing stress-induced electrical currents up to the surface as the ground is pulled apart.'

So the amount of seismic activity around volcanoes could have the same affect. Although I'm not sure how much it could apply to Old Faithful... I don't know enough about it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

I think that something similar to this could be an explanation for 'orb' phenomena around volcano's: http://www.wired.co.uk/article/earthquake-lights-explanation

'Seismological Research Letters believes it has the answer: subvertical faults in continental rifts are releasing stress-induced electrical currents up to the surface as the ground is pulled apart.'

So the amount of seismic activity around volcanoes could have the same affect. Although I'm not sure how much it could apply to Old Faithful... I don't know enough about it.

Could be. I also think its possible around magnetically charged mountains. We get strange orbs on storm king mountain close to where I live from time to time. There is also a place somewhere in the Carolina's I believe that this happens a lot. Cool stuff.

• Like 2

Just now, preacherman76 said:

Could be. I also think its possible around magnetically charged mountains. We get strange orbs on storm king mountain close to where I live from time to time. There is also a place somewhere in the Carolina's I believe that this happens a lot. Cool stuff.

I'd love to see it in person, shame (not for the destruction they cause) that Australia has no active volcanoes.

Visiting an erupting volcano is definitely on my list of things to do.

6 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

I'd love to see it in person, shame (not for the destruction they cause) that Australia has no active volcanoes.

Visiting an erupting volcano is definitely on my list of things to do.

Right! That would be awesome. Me and the wife are hoping to make our way to Hawaii. You can at least see the lava flow.

Hey this conversation just got me thinking. Kinda off topic, but I have a spot not to far from here on a mountain that is so magnetically charged that there is a small section of uphill road that if you drive to the bottom of the hill, and put your car in neutral, the car will actually go up the hill for like 20 yards or so. Completely on its own. I was thinking I should probably make a video of it. As teenagers, we use to make up local legend stories about ghosts and such. More then once Ive driven a date there, telling them some crazy story as we drove there, then showing them its "true" lol. Good times. 

Anyone here interested in seeing that?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Anyone here interested in seeing that?

It could have been somewhere else, but I saw that on TV a couple of months ago. They had mostly old footage of cars rolling uphill with the occupants standing to the side. 

I’d love to see it if you’ve got the time! 

7 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

It could have been somewhere else, but I saw that on TV a couple of months ago. They had mostly old footage of cars rolling uphill with the occupants standing to the side. 

I’d love to see it if you’ve got the time! 

Yea there are a few spots around the country. I looked it up and didn't see anything from our spot. I'll make it soon as possible.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2017 at 7:08 PM, Adampadum123 said:

If it all stems from volcanic activity doesn't it make it volcanic activity 

The answer is no. You might want to read about geology or take an intro course to see what volcanic activity is.