Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO Over Yellowstone?

LucidElement

Just came across this article and video. Go towards end. About 2:50 (Link below)

"A video has popped up on YouTube which purportedly shows a UFO zigzagging over the Yellowstone volcano.

The choppy video, which is more than 3 minutes in length, appears to show a metallic object in the sky. A bright light emerges from the object for a few seconds and then it speeds off into the distance. The video was taken on June 9, but only recently uploaded to the video-sharing site."

LINK:

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/10/10/ufo-spotted-over-yellowstone-volcano.html

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LucidElement said:

Just came across this article and video. Go towards end. About 2:50 (Link below)

If you’re talking about the flash at 2:38(?), that’s a truck driving past(lol). After 2:50 is the slow motion replay of the start of the video.

The ball lightning type stuff earlier in the video is a bit more interesting. 

The video needs some background story to give this context. Random videos are too easily faked these days.

Who, what, where, why and when are critical components.

28 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

The video needs some background story to give this context. Random videos are too easily faked these days.

Who, what, where, why and when are critical components.

I don’t think there’s a backstory or that it’s faked. It’s just cctv or a streaming webcam that someone has taken bits from then put it on YouTube to claim it’s a UFO. 

Edit: It’s the Old Faithful Geyser Live-Streaming Webcam: https://www.nps.gov/features/yell/webcam/oldfaithfulstreaming.html

Although the video in OP looks cropped to remove the parks logo in the top left and it seems to be a slightly different angle, and possibly isn’t recent either. I don’t have time to compare the landscape etc. of the two right now and also with older YouTube clips of the webcam. 

Edited by Timonthy
Edit.
  • Like 2

I wasn't sure. Figured I'd toss it on here since I had came across the article today. 

One day I think something may happen. Our universe is endless , we can't be the only life . In my opinion.

I believe there’s life out there. And I’d love for it to be proven in my lifetime, even if it were just a pesky little microorganism or two. 

(Something a bit more grand would be nicer though.)

Not sure why they say volcano. The caldera is miles across. Every visitor to Yellowstone goes into the volcano. The video shows other bright spots in the sky as well. The sky spots look similar to the ground level bright spots. My guess is that we are seeing a helicopter fly by. Oddly enough I noticed no person on a walkway. That area is extremely busy telling us that the video captures little information.

I'd say most definitely CGI> the shadow created by the bright object following the path is directly under it.

The tree line behind the camera is creating very long shadows.. A bad fake IMO. If it wasn't for this bleeding obvious discrepancy it would have been a good attempt.

3 hours ago, Dejarma said:

I'd say most definitely CGI> the shadow created by the bright object following the path is directly under it.

The tree line behind the camera is creating very long shadows.. A bad fake IMO. If it wasn't for this bleeding obvious discrepancy it would have been a good attempt.

I don’t know if it’s a shadow so much as a product of the truck driving past and the extremely low quality stream?

6 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

I don’t know if it’s a shadow so much as a product of the truck driving past and the extremely low quality stream?

are we talking about the same thing? ==the bright light that turns into a kinda arrow shape travelling left to right at 2:37 

2 hours ago, Dejarma said:

are we talking about the same thing? ==the bright light that turns into a kinda arrow shape travelling left to right at 2:37 

Yeah I think that’s just a vehicle or something driving past reflecting the sun. If it’s the webcam at the visitor center, there’s not a road in front of it but rangers do drive vehicles on the trail. I’m just speculating with what it is. 

I obviously could be wrong, people do make fake videos with crappy footage, but I think it’s something real (and mundane) rather than post production. 

1 hour ago, Timonthy said:

Yeah I think that’s just a vehicle or something driving past reflecting the sun. If it’s the webcam at the visitor center, there’s not a road in front of it but rangers do drive vehicles on the trail. I’m just speculating with what it is. 

I obviously could be wrong, people do make fake videos with crappy footage, but I think it’s something real (and mundane) rather than post production. 

You could be right (who REALLY knows for sure) but I'm staying with CGI here:

if you notice; there's light just in front of the 'object' on the road/ pathway that attempts to give the impression of heavy light reflection= a good ol' adobe aftereffects trick I've seen & used many times myself...

For me it's mystery solved as in= nothing unknown to the public;)

• Like 1

I might be watching wrong part of the picture but at 2:43, lower left part ( after that bright flash movement ) there is clear shape of something rocket like. There are many amateur rockets out there maybe this one was mistakenly launched horizontally :)

Could it be ball lightning ?

and I'm sure there has been other ufo sightings around volcanic activity.maybe they have some interest in them 

3 hours ago, Adampadum123 said:

So what was all the steam about 

Not volcanic.

15 hours ago, Adampadum123 said:

Just regular heat coming from nothing? Lol dude come on!

Geysers are related to volcanic activity, but are not themselves considered volcanic activity.

Edit: I didn't know that until looking it up. :su

Edited by Timonthy
Edit.

22 hours ago, Adampadum123 said:

Just regular heat coming from nothing? Lol dude come on!

Thermal areas are not necessarily volcanic in origin. There are lots of places with hot springs and steam that are not volcanic in nature. There have also been places where hot volcanic ash has fallen on glaciers to produce a large number of steam vents. The Valley of 10,000 smokes would  be an example. The origin was a volcanic eruption, but the steam that arose was not volcanic in nature.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valley_of_Ten_Thousand_Smokes

Hot springs are found in many places. The water in Hot Springs, Arkansas averages 62C or 143F. Steam rises from these waters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Springs_National_Park

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hot_springs

Geysers are not considered volcanic activity, but rather indicators of hot rocks near the surface. In addition to geysers there are fumaroles which often are heard to hiss and do not always produce a visible display.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geyser

32 minutes ago, Adampadum123 said:

If it all stems from volcanic activity doesn't it make it volcanic activity 

It doesn't really matter= in my professional 'opinion' we are seeing a CGI fake here... If (because of lack of solid proof of this) you feel a need to believe this is footage of something weird & wonderful then so be it, have fun & enjoy

Orbs like this one are often seen near volcanos. I wouldn't be surprised if one day we figure out they are a natural phenomenon. Cool video, thanks for posting it.

• Like 2