Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 8
LucidElement

Weinstein

219 posts in this topic

I'm sure this has been posted but I looked so if it has merge it. Anyways, why is it yearssss later women come out and claim harassment ? Why not during the time of the episode ? 

 

It almost reminds me of the Bill Cosby scenario . One women claims rape then they alllll come out of the wood works.

 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/10/harvey-weinstein-accused-raping-3-women-in-shocking-expos-overpowered-me.amp.html

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fear.

9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or... Opportunity...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "casting couch" has been well known in Hollywood for years. They will make or break you. Put out or get out.

9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, unfortunately power in numbers and more likely to be believed spells opportunity as well..

I work around people searching for a reason to sue daily.. I believe either scenario could be possible.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And do you guys think Clinton and Obama knew about this issue before it came to light and was exposed ? Most likely , now they are playing dumb.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a case of women who are no longer afraid (powerful enough in their own right) of veiled threats coming forward.

They have nothing now to gain or lose or care less otherwise.

The "Grab'em by the *****" age is hopefully over and done.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

And do you guys think Clinton and Obama knew about this issue before it came to light and was exposed ? Most likely , now they are playing dumb.

Why would they know? It's not a government issue

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This seems to be a universal thing. It's not only celebrities or politicians that have been known for serial sexual abuse. It's also been well known within the church. It seems to be that if one individual comes forward, even if it's months or years later. It encourages other's who were probably in fear of speaking up (for whatever the reason) and decided to share their experience, as they knew that they were not alone. There is strength in numbers, and people feel more confident / secure when they have support of others who have gone through similar ordeals that were committed by the said perpetrator. 

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Why would they know? It's not a government issue

Me and kissymit don't agree on pretty much anything but she's right here. Why are you dragging politics into this?

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why won't it quote both?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Why would they know? It's not a government issue

The reports that I've seen/heard consistently say that it was the worst-kept secret in H'wood.  It's hard to believe that politicians who were receiving large donations over DECADES from this guy wouldn't have heard these reports.  HRC took 5 days to say anything.  She has put herself forward as the champion of women... not very consistent behavior, eh?

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kurzweil said:

Why won't it quote both?

 

The system only seem to quote the response from a post. You would have to click on the original post and the response post to get both.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, and then said:

The reports that I've seen/heard consistently say that it was the worst-kept secret in H'wood.  It's hard to believe that politicians who were receiving large donations over DECADES from this guy wouldn't have heard these reports.  HRC took 5 days to say anything.  She has put herself forward as the champion of women... not very consistent behavior, eh?

That's not their job. It's the job of law enforcement who were also aware of it. A politician isn't supposed to judge the law. Especially if it isn't substantiated.

A good question woyld be, why did law enforcement not follow up more or why did these woman not come forward when society almost always blames the woman.

ie: She dressed too sexy she was asking for it, or it's the casting couch what did she expect?

The answer is in Mr Wiensrien's response, it was the norm at the time and acceptable. Only it has actually never really been acceptable, he would not have said that behavior was acceprable towards his own daughter.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It isn't their responsibility to know who is funding their campaigns?  

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, and then said:

It isn't their responsibility to know who is funding their campaigns?  

Based on rumours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, and then said:

The reports that I've seen/heard consistently say that it was the worst-kept secret in H'wood.  It's hard to believe that politicians who were receiving large donations over DECADES from this guy wouldn't have heard these reports.  HRC took 5 days to say anything.  She has put herself forward as the champion of women... not very consistent behavior, eh?

Well what she says is inconsistent. What she does is very consistent. Hell she went on the attack when it came to Bills rape victims. What a vile creature she is.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the same 'logic' that allows a person to champion the rights of women and gays, but also allows for supporting those who want Sharia Law in the US. The notion that there's a gigantic and hypocritical conflict involved never seems to enter their minds.

Mr Weinstein was a well known sexual abuser (way beyond the kiss and grab 'em level). I heard last night that he is now being charged with 3 counts of rape.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LucidElement said:

And do you guys think Clinton and Obama knew about this issue before it came to light and was exposed ? Most likely , now they are playing dumb.

Of course they did. 

Just like Clinton and Trump know Epstein is a pedophile yet continue to hang with him. These "people" , using the term loosely, aren't ****ing normal.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lilly said:

This is the same 'logic' that allows a person to champion the rights of women and gays, but also allows for supporting those who want Sharia Law in the US. The notion that there's a gigantic and hypocritical conflict involved never seems to enter their minds.

Like Trump talking about grabbing women';s vaginas without permission and then quoting scripture after a tragedy? 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Like Trump talking about grabbing women';s vaginas without permission and then quoting scripture after a tragedy? 

I think we need to keep in mind, Trump bragged to Billy Bush about all of his 'kiss and grab' action in what he thought was just 2 guys BSing with one another. The behavior of Mr Weinstein has far more credible evidence that sexual assaults actually took place (not just male bravado).

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Well what she says is inconsistent. What she does is very consistent. Hell she went on the attack when it came to Bills rape victims. What a vile creature she is.

Honestly, considering all that surrounds her. I wonder if she sleeps well at night?....I guess one who seems to lack a conscience wouldn't have much of a problem though.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/hillary-clinton-barack-obama-harvey-weinstein_us_59dcc684e4b0b34afa5c28f1

Quote

Hillary Clinton is speaking out against film executive Harvey Weinstein days after The New York Times published a bombshell report detailing numerous sexual harassment allegations against him.

“I was shocked and appalled by the revelations about Harvey Weinstein,” Clinton wrote in a statement released Tuesday. “The behavior described by women coming forward cannot be tolerated. Their courage and support of others is critical in helping to stop this kind of behavior."

# I hope that Bill also crossed her mind when she said this. Seriously, you couldn't make this stuff up. 
 

Edited by Astra.
5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Epstein, Bill Clinton, Trump, Bill Cosby, and Weinstein.  We have a culture here in the US that lets the rich, famous, and powerful do what they please with women with little to no repercussions.   Weinstein's biggest mistake is that he tried to prey on women who were rich and powerful enough to finally fight back.    Even then, they waited till there was enough that came into the light so that their voices were overwhelming.  Just imagine how short a career would be even for a famous actress if they spoke out alone.

 

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

53 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Epstein, Bill Clinton, Trump, Bill Cosby, and Weinstein.  We have a culture here in the US that lets the rich, famous, and powerful do what they please with women with little to no repercussions.   Weinstein's biggest mistake is that he tried to prey on women who were rich and powerful enough to finally fight back.    Even then, they waited till there was enough that came into the light so that their voices were overwhelming.  Just imagine how short a career would be even for a famous actress if they spoke out alone.

 

This sort of behaviour is hardly unique to the USA. It happens wherever people with a high public profile and good reputation in the local community wish to take advantage of ordinary people with little opportunity to resist. Jimmy Savile and the football child sexual assault case in UK, or (actor) Robert Hughes and (Catholic priest) Gerald Ridsdale in Australia all come to mind.

11 hours ago, LucidElement said:

I'm sure this has been posted but I looked so if it has merge it. Anyways, why is it yearssss later women come out and claim harassment ? Why not during the time of the episode ? 

 

It almost reminds me of the Bill Cosby scenario . One women claims rape then they alllll come out of the wood works.

 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/10/harvey-weinstein-accused-raping-3-women-in-shocking-expos-overpowered-me.amp.html

It's the same reason as it always is - when a high-profile person has no record of accusations against them, and you have no profile/credibility, it takes a tremendous amount of courage to step forward and accuse that high-profile person of a heinous act. It's not just that they might end your hopes of stardom in Hollywood - some will act aggressively against accusations. In the case of sexual assaults by priests here in Australia, a common factor was disbelief - some perpetrators told their victims no one would believe them if they said what had happened. And in many cases it was true - school headmasters and even parents simply wouldn't accept what child victims told them.

In the Savile case, remember that most of the claims against him were made after his death. Why? Well, note what Wikipedia's introduction says:

Quote

There had been allegations during his lifetime, but they were dismissed and accusers ignored or disbelieved;

My bolding.

So what's worse than being sexually assaulted by someone with a high public profile and good reputation? Being ignored or disbelieved when you make the allegation. In the case of child sexual assault cases in Australia, a number of disbelieved victims ended up committing suicide.

Quote

...Savile took legal action against some accusers.

And if you have little money, what do you do when the very rich person who sexually assaulted you now launches legal action against you?

I understand exactly why these people are reluctant to be the first person to step forward and level such a serious accusation.

Edited by Peter B
8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 8

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.