Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pariahsmile

Loss internet connection

5 posts in this topic

I have just run this program earlier and after the desk top reboot I could not connect to the internet. I have run a check on my computer found the the IP address show 0.0.0.0.0.

what has happened? I have called the service provider the technician claim that the cable from the modem to the computer need to be replaced. but I have used another cable, having done the IPCONFIG still finds the IP address not available. Currently am using the same modem connected to a wireless router, with my laptop the modem is working, but the desk top is not

Posted (edited)

Use system restore and see if it works then. That will load your settings prior to the changes from that program from a previous save point.

Edited by Hammerclaw
1 person likes this

6 hours ago, pariahsmile said:

I have just run this program earlier and after the desk top reboot I could not connect to the internet. I have run a check on my computer found the the IP address show 0.0.0.0.0.

what has happened? I have called the service provider the technician claim that the cable from the modem to the computer need to be replaced. but I have used another cable, having done the IPCONFIG still finds the IP address not available. Currently am using the same modem connected to a wireless router, with my laptop the modem is working, but the desk top is not

Have you restarted your modem?

Have you tried Windows troubleshooter?

Have you done virus/malware scans?

How can you post if your internets not working......:D

17 hours ago, seanjo said:

Have you restarted your modem?

Have you tried Windows troubleshooter?

Have you done virus/malware scans?

How can you post if your internets not working......:D

He's using his laptop. His desktop isn't showing it's IP address, preventing him from logging on.

Reboot into "SafeMode with Networking" and attempt Internet connection. 

This will help lock-down whether it's a hardware versus software issue.