Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
rashore

Surprising Medical Origins- Spooky Characters

3 posts in this topic

Spooky, paranormal stories are inspired by strangeness in the world around us. Light in the night sky? Must be a UFO. Curious shape beneath the surface of the lake? Gotta be the Loch Ness Monster.

As these scary tales are passed between storytellers–preferably around a campfire–they snowball into haunting sagas that can completely derail what would have otherwise been a perfectly good night's sleep. But they all start somewhere, and in some cases, the origin stories are even more interesting than the legends themselves.

Case in point: The surprising medical history of vampires, witches, zombies, and other spooky characters that you're likely to encounter (at least in stories) this season.

http://www.health.com/sleep/medical-history-vampires-zombies-witches-werewolves

1 person likes this

I've had dreams where I saw monsters. However, in those dreams I always win... I'm usually super good with a sword, or a gun, and highly acrobatic. I like those dreams.

Recently, I've had freaking Minecraft deams. Freaking Minecraft...

It is interesting that perhaps the boogymen of movies and myth may have all originated in someone's dream and then spread by word of mouth to the dreams of everyone else. Super interesting theory.