Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Illyrius

1 minute ago, Mr. Argon said:

Well all right. I tried to avoid debating but let's debate then before i continue with the true purpose of this topic.

Lol. There's no avoiding it on here. Learned that real fast, trust me.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I basically know nothing about numerology, despite being super into things like Astrology and Metaphysics. :mellow:

I guess it's the fact that I suck at math, big time, that kinda puts numerology on the back burner of things to study for me...

Heh, I hear ya.. not the sucking at math part, I'm rather proficient with math. But the part about basically knowing nothing about numerology I'm with you on. I know it more as the basic system of A=1, B=2, and so on. Simple numerology. I'm aware that some folks get into esoteric stuff like sacred geometry- but that much math isn't my speed.

I'm finding this topic rather interesting honestly. Not the science or not argument part so much, that part could take a back-seat for all I care really. But in general, numerology isn't seriously discussed and dissected as it currently is in this thread. Much deeper than some of the more general basic lore I'm used to.

Edit to add.. read a couple more comments after the one I quoted above.. and I do so hope we can all keep this topic friendly and discussing rather than breaking down into debating about what is science or not and so on. Even if numerology isn't really a science, it can still be discussed in a civil and courteous manner.

Edited by rashore
  • Like 3

Ok then. Retreating. Will continue with further posts. Coffee and tobacco time.

Numerology as I've seen it tends not to be much more than basic arithmetic using numbers and no variables. Aquila King, I believe the interest in numerology is that it does not exceed the basic ideas of numbers. The work is typically done using the counting numbers which are 1, 2, 3, and so forth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

Numerology as I've seen it tends not to be much more than basic arithmetic using numbers and no variables. Aquila King, I believe the interest in numerology is that it does not exceed the basic ideas of numbers. The work is typically done using the counting numbers which are 1, 2, 3, and so forth.

I would say yes and no.. Basic numerology arithmetic is the A=1 thing.. but folks get into some pretty serious breakdowns with the numbers too. I've seen numerology algebra, and even wicked stuff of assigning numbers to astrology and tying in geometry and just.. lol, like I already said, esoteric stuff that's too much math for me.

And not arguing here, but since I do have some basic math.. you say no variables. What variables would you suggest?

Let’s now turn our attention to number Three. This number represents reconciliation of opposites created by primal division of Unity and the resulting separation/attraction Duality principle. The geometrical expression of number 3 in an equilateral triangle. So the first shape which emerges from tension and attraction of Duality is a Triangle. There is an interesting phenomena at work here. From the reasons I wrote about earlier One is a Circle and Two is emanation of the Circle making in between a Vesica Pisces. What is interesting is that a first shape which emerges from Duality of this Circles is a shape which encloses a smallest possible area within its perimeter while the Circle does just the opposite. Why does it represent a reconciliation? Because Two – the number of repelling/attraction principle and a line of that force which flows between the centers of two Circles now gains a third point right above the middle of them. Tension led to creation. Something has pierced the vail of Duality. And now we have a first shape emerging from tension, the equilateral triangle. Triangle is also a symbol of stability as it is used in architecture for strength and balance of the entire construction. Here we are presented again with a contrast since circles or their physical manifestation wheels are shapes which are used for setting something in motion the first shape which emerges from them is a shape which provides the most stability and balance.

thi.jpg.639071052d78524875010ec2c03562c3.jpg

2 hours ago, rashore said:

I would say yes and no.. Basic numerology arithmetic is the A=1 thing.. but folks get into some pretty serious breakdowns with the numbers too. I've seen numerology algebra, and even wicked stuff of assigning numbers to astrology and tying in geometry and just.. lol, like I already said, esoteric stuff that's too much math for me.

And not arguing here, but since I do have some basic math.. you say no variables. What variables would you suggest?

I have not seen the use of things like A=1 with numerology. I have seen things like taking a number and go through a number of arithmetic steps such as the year 2012 and stating that it has 3 digit that are not zero and that the last digits also add to 3, and 2012 is the third leap year since 2000. These sorts of things tell us nothing really. All it tells us is that these are some of the ways we can manufacture a 3 out of 2012. It avoids all of the other non-three issues such as 2012 is not a multiple of 3. The sum of the digits is 5 and so forth.

8 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I have not seen the use of things like A=1 with numerology. I have seen things like taking a number and go through a number of arithmetic steps such as the year 2012 and stating that it has 3 digit that are not zero and that the last digits also add to 3, and 2012 is the third leap year since 2000. These sorts of things tell us nothing really. All it tells us is that these are some of the ways we can manufacture a 3 out of 2012. It avoids all of the other non-three issues such as 2012 is not a multiple of 3. The sum of the digits is 5 and so forth.

Yes, what you are saying is one method... it's how folks make magic numbers out of their birthdays. The A=1 is assigning numbers to letters- is how people break down their names into a number, or make numerical signifigance to places.

so someone named Abe would be 125, or 1+2+5=8, or (1+2+5) or (125) depending on which form of numerology is used. Abe Jacob Smith can be its own math equation. Combined with his birthday, let's say 1/17/1943- and that can be it's own math, some folks use straight adding, but others use division. Breakdown his hometown, or add in county, state, country, and it can make its own equation. Start adding in star charts and stuff... phew.

Way more math than I feel like fooling with, lol.

A triangle is the polygon with the least number of sides. A triangle has 3 points and 3 vertices.

Triangles have 3 internal angles that add up to 180 degrees. That is the same as the number of degrees in a straight line. All triangles are convex. This means that a straight line that connects 2 points that are inside of the triangle must lie completely inside of the triangle.

Triangles are extremely useful in computer graphics. Surfaces are represented as a connected sheet of triangles. We notice that in a triangulation, if all of the triangles are oriented in a clockwise or counterclockwise manner, then each triangle side is in one triangle from A to B and in the other from B to A.

Triangles are useful  in engineering because they offer strength to a structure. What is interesting to learn is that a closed shape built out of triangles can deform. They can change shape as long as the triangles sides are hinged.

http://www.mathsisfun.com/triangle.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangle

An interesting triangle is Pascal's

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_triangle

In mathematics, Pascal's triangle is a triangular array of the binomial coefficients.

The history section gives an interesting insight into the long history of real mathematical work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_triangle#History

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rashore said:

Yes, what you are saying is one method... it's how folks make magic numbers out of their birthdays. The A=1 is assigning numbers to letters- is how people break down their names into a number, or make numerical signifigance to places.

so someone named Abe would be 125, or 1+2+5=8, or (1+2+5) or (125) depending on which form of numerology is used. Abe Jacob Smith can be its own math equation. Combined with his birthday, let's say 1/17/1943- and that can be it's own math, some folks use straight adding, but others use division. Breakdown his hometown, or add in county, state, country, and it can make its own equation. Start adding in star charts and stuff... phew.

Way more math than I feel like fooling with, lol.

Interesting. I did not realize what was being equated. I remember years some singer added an 'e' to the end of their name to improve their karma.

Converting something into a number is called a hash in computer science. Hashes are used for a number of purposes. One idea is to convert a lot of data into a smaller number. It turns out that some hashes have a property called non-collision in which typical data is extremely unlikely to hash to the same value. It is used in downloads at times. You do a download and then ask a program to produce a hash. If it matches a given number then you know it is a correct download.

Edited by stereologist
more info

4 minutes ago, stereologist said:

An interesting triangle is Pascal's

Indeed it is. Finally something constructive.

1 minute ago, Mr. Argon said:

Indeed it is. Finally something constructive.

It is a proper mathematical construct. Has it been hijacked by numerology?

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

It is a proper mathematical construct. Has it been hijacked by numerology?

Of course. Just a few moments ago. Now you will see all sorts of monstruos distortions of truth. The Pandora's box is opened. Zombie Apocalypse. Look at your window. They are coming, zombies in football T-shirts, hungry. OH no! What have you done?

6 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Interesting. I did not realize what was being equated. I remember years some singer added an 'e' to the end of their name to improve their karma.

Converting something into a number is called a hash in computer science. Hashes are used for a number of purposes. One idea is to convert a lot of data into a smaller number. It turns out that some hashes have a property called non-collision in which typical data is extremely unlikely to hash to the same value. It is used in downloads at times. You do a download and then ask a program to produce a hash. If it matches a given number then you know it is a correct download.

Yes, much like a hash. Only any combo of letter/number breakdowns and maths used to equate them up all gives a correct download.... only depending on what math you use, you download different stuff... numerology math isn't always straight, thus my not going beyond the basics, lol.

• Like 1

And the numbers on their dresses are sinister. From one to 10. Oh dear..

2 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

And the numbers on their dresses are sinister. From one to 10. Oh dear..

Lol, much like numerology, sizes depend on who's using the scale and math. I range from size zero to 42. Yes, I'm serious.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rashore said:

Lol, much like numerology, sizes depend on who's using the scale and math. I range from size zero to 42. Yes, I'm serious.

Dunno much about history, dunno much biology...

5 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

Dunno much about history, dunno much biology...

Dude, if you start going on about French you took and loving me.... what a weird world this would be, and I ain't talking numerology. :P

1 minute ago, rashore said:

Dude, if you start going on about French you took and loving me.... what a weird world this would be, and I ain't talking numerology. :P

Okay relax. I know much about history, i know much about biology. Just don't tell anyone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

Okay relax. I know much about history, i know much about biology. Just don't tell anyone.

Don't worry, your depths of knowledge are well hidden in secrecy, I won't tell anyone :ph34r:

1 minute ago, rashore said:

Don't worry, your depths of knowledge are well hidden in secrecy, I won't tell anyone :ph34r:

:rolleyes: Yes of course. Ninjutsu. Way of the mind gates. Where darkness meets the shadows.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

:rolleyes: Yes of course. Ninjutsu. Way of the mind gates. Where darkness meets the shadows.

Mmm, yes gates of the mind... also where numbers and meanings pass in the darkness.... let's bring the topic back into the light of discussion again, shall we?

We were coming up on four, like the sides of a door..... would you be so kind to present four please?

• Like 1

Right. Like the sides of a door, perfect intro. But probably tomorrow. A bit lazy right now.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

Right. Like the sides of a door, perfect intro. But probably tomorrow. A bit lazy right now.

Lazy... you skipped right past four there.... Eight for the one past the gates of deadly sins being sloth or thirteen for karmic lazy. Depending on which meanings one attributes to numbers.

3 minutes ago, rashore said:

Lazy... you skipped right past four there.... Eight for the one past the gates of deadly sins being sloth or thirteen for karmic lazy. Depending on which meanings one attributes to numbers.

Interesting. Glad to find someone who is pretty much interested in symbolism of numbers, and thinks about karma.

• The topic was locked