Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Marriage

LucidElement

My father was raised Catholic (he's from France) while my mother was raised Baptist (from Southern CA) - both are baby-boomers and former Republicans turned Democrats - they're more liberal than they realized, but my father is anti-abortion while he's tolerant with same sex marriage (so is my mother, but she's for women's reproductive rights and all LGBT rights). He's 70 years old now and had 4 divorces in the last 50 years - his current wive is a Sunni Muslim from Tanzania in Africa, who's a little older than his 46-year old daughter (my half-sister) who converted to Reform Judaism. I even have a Mormon (Latter-day Saints) grand-aunt and a Cherokee grandfather (on mother's side) who believed in the monotheistic "Great Spirit" with a Native American spirituality foundation...both people are deceased. My father and mother were brought up against filing for divorce, but these things do happen and religious married couples can divorce if they want to, esp. to end a bad relationship or failed their obligations. And I understand nobody is perfect, a religious fundamentalist might break their faith's rules and commandments now and then. We attend church or follow a religion to believe a deity cares about us and expect us to live in the present the right way...but when a violation of doctrine occurs, we ask for forgiveness and Christians believe Jesus died for all of our sins.   

Edited by Solipsi Rai
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Solipsi Rai said:

My father was raised Catholic (he's from France) while my mother was raised Baptist (from Southern CA) - both are baby-boomers and former Republicans turned Democrats - they're more liberal than they realized, but my father is anti-abortion while he's tolerant with same sex marriage (so is my mother, but she's for women's reproductive rights and all LGBT rights). He's 70 years old now and had 4 divorces in the last 50 years - his current wive is a Sunni Muslim from Tanzania in Africa, who's a little older than his 46-year old daughter (my half-sister) who converted to Reform Judaism. I even have a Mormon (Latter-day Saints) grand-aunt and a Cherokee grandfather (on mother's side) who believed in the monotheistic "Great Spirit" with a Native American spirituality foundation...both people are deceased. My father and mother were brought up against filing for divorce, but these things do happen and religious married couples can divorce if they want to, esp. to end a bad relationship or failed their obligations. And I understand nobody is perfect, a religious fundamentalist might break their faith's rules and commandments now and then. We attend church or follow a religion to believe a deity cares about us and expect us to live in the present the right way...but when a violation of doctrine occurs, we ask for forgiveness and Christians believe Jesus died for all of our sins.   

Amen to that. :)

Sub topic .   : WHERE DID YOU GET MARRIED?

Edited by LucidElement

I got married in a church. By a pastor. All our extended family and friends being present. My wife put the Certificate into a frame above the bed.