Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creating Gods (Origins)

LucidElement

I can imagine that the Dan Brown quotes at the beginning of the thread probably reflect the views of early mankind, we should also bear in mind that early mankind may not have been aware of evoloution and the effects that evoloution would have had on intelligence and self identity.

When humans eventually arrived on the scene they understandably had a few questions, which is significant because before they had questions they lived a blissfully untroubled existance where they just did what they had to do and accepted everything without question, an emotional garden of Eden if you like.

"So what happened?"

"Adam and Eve took a bite from the apple in the garden of Eden, 'suddenly' they became self aware, IQ's had leapt upward and rather than accepting what they saw with their eyes they started to ask questions that they did not have all the answers to and could not figure everything out, which was troubling for the inquizitive mind that wanted to know how the Sun rises into the sky, why there are times when plants grow better and why does that thing that usually flops around stand up when i see her bits bouncing. So after some head scratching someone suggested it must all be the work of a mighty and powerful entity that lives in the sky and just so happens to be invisible. Fast forward to the Roman empire and lots of cultures have there own sky spirits that they interpret in different ways to each other, often leading to heated debate whenever there is a difference of opinion. As if that wasn't enough of a headache for the  Roman Emperor these cultures all wanted different holidays to celebrate their entities which made the whole empire building thing less efficient than it should have been, so finally they decided to follow a Generalised Omnipotent Deity (G.O.D) and anyone who doesn't agree will be called a heritic and killed!"

This is only an opinion, I realise there is no evidence to support the idea, then again there is no evidence that the soul inhabits the body or even if it exists.

I blame organised religion,

"live an oppressed life on Earth, do as you're told and give you money to church and country. you'll be poor and have a not so satisfying life, but you'll get to meet God when you die, life eternal in the glorious afterlife where no one is classed as better than you because their parents have money power and status, all are equal in the eyes of God"  

Edited by EBE Hybrid
  • Like 1

On 10/25/2017 at 9:40 AM, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Wow! I think you made a good point there. That upon noticing, years ago, many gods, today, for most mainstream religions, just one. And if one reflects on the distant tomorrow, then what? Negative 50? :o  

;)  :tu:  

And how is that, for numerous gods to be born, in the past, but now, narrowed down to one? I even had to reflect with my belief, (Do I have just one higher power, or many?) And felt, no................ just one. :o  :w00t:  

I never really reflected on that before. 

The Greek God's , Etc had children/sons/daughters.... then what happened they all vanished and now there is one God? What happened to the bloodline of those Gods in the past?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LucidElement said:

What happened to the bloodline of those Gods in the past?

I think they went on to fill the Roman Senate ...

~

Descendants of gods: Legendary genealogies in the Roman Empire ...

www.academia.edu/.../Descendants_of_gods_Legendary_genealogies_in_the_Roman...

DESCENDANTS OF GODS: LEGENDARY GENEALOGIES IN THE ROMAN EMPIRE By O. HEKSTER Many late Republican notables were heirs to gods and ...

~

• Like 3