Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible UFO encounter, Need help!!

AugustNorth

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for someone who can answer a few questions for me.  4 years ago I had what I believe could be an alien encounter and sighting.  This story starts 4 years ago yesterday.  My first encounter was in the middle of the night, around 2 A.M., I had just woken up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and glanced out the window of my bedroom.  I had glanced casually as there was a den of foxes in my backyard at the time and you could sometimes see a couple pups playing with each other in the night.  Instead of seeing fox pups, what I saw was a strange object in the sky in the distance.  From what I could make out it seemed to be vaguely triangular although it was definitely elongated and not an even equilateral triangle.  The whole craft/object glowed with what was a dim, yet a very pure white.  The reason I believe it was triangular was because there was a triangular line of smaller, far brighter, lights that encompassed the craft.  You could see each of the smaller and brighter lights very clearly against the rest of the dimly lit craft; however, the light from the glow made it impossible to make out defined borders and for all I know, the line of smaller brighter lights may have been somewhere other than the border of the craft.  I watched it for a few minutes and it seemed to be moving slowly from side to side, but eventually I had to go to the bathroom.  I was only away from my window for perhaps 3 minutes but by the time I got back the craft had evidently stopped its movement from side to side and had moved forward far into the distance where it eventually moved completely out of sight.  I have never seen a craft move i such an agile way or go as fast as the craft I saw that night.  The craft was also very large.  I have no way of knowing for sure just how big it was but I could clearly tell it was far bigger than even a Boeing 747.

This is where things get weird.  Since that night, I have had a dream almost every year on this date that always seems to have physical repercussion in the real world.  For instance, my dream a year ago yesterday went like this.  In the dream, I was awakened by a force unknown from a dream within a dream that I cannot remember.  Once awakened I could only make out a bright light that hummed and shone directly into my eyes.  I tried to move my hands to shield my eyes but couldn't move them.  I could tell that they were being held down in several point to the surface I was laying on.  Realizing this, my dream self began shaking but upon further experimentation I found that my whole body was tied down at the legs, stomach, chest, neck, and forehead which kept me secure.  By this time my eyes had adjusted to the light enough that I could make out shadowy outlines of objects throughout the room I was in.  I could see a cabinet upon which sat a large rectangular flask like object the size of a large fish tank.  Inside of the thin flask like container was a florescent liquid that constantly changed color.  The flask gave off a dull glow and was hard to see shift hues, however I watched as it went from a blue to a purple to a brown tone.  Shifting my eyes I saw another cabinet with several rows of pegs upon which hung various objects.  None of them appeared terrifying; however, what was terrifying was the thing standing in front of this cabinet.  I say thing because I do not know what it was.  It had the body and shape of a tall, well-built human.  It wore a dark grey suit that had neither pockets, nor stitching but seemed to be a sheet of fabric that fit tightly to the neck and wrists where it draped down to just off the floor.  Black gloves covered the creatures hands, and its feet I couldn't make out.  Over its head was a white mask that connected with the suit it was wearing.  I couldn't see any eye holes, or transparent component to the mask; despite this, the creatures hands moved nimbly over the one tool that was not hanging from a peg.  Having observed this creature, I opened my mouth to scream, but no sound came out.  There was nothing blocking my airways but I couldn't make even a squeak no matter how hard I tried.  At this point the creature had seemingly finished messing with his tool and turned to face me.  We locked what seemed to be eye contact, even though I never saw it eyes to be sure.  After about a 10 second stare off, its right hand moved in a circular pattern.  All of the sudden the light above me began humming louder and louder as though it was charging up.  All of the sudden I heard a crack, like the sound of someone slamming an empty beer bottle into concrete, and a flash.  The next moment I had awakened from my dream.  I sat bolt upright but thought it was only a nightmare.  After about a half hour of restlessness I fell asleep again, this time without any strange dreams.  In the morning I woke up, and stepped into the shower.  After the water started to hit me, I felt a sharp pain running over my arm.  Looking down there was a long cut in my arm, approximately 3 inches long, that ran from just below my wrist to my elbow joint in a perfectly linear line.  The cut was deep, but only hurt upon hitting the water.  I still have a light scar on the arm from this, however it has since healed.  

I know most people will believe I made this all up, but really I just want answers.  I've kept this from the internet for far enough and I still can't seem to shake this strange curse.  I have no idea what is going on or if this is a UFO subject.  I may copy this to post on a paranormal forum as well to see if anyone thinks this could be a haunting.  Please let me know if you can help me find out any information about this phenomenon.

Thanks, 

Mr. North 

Welcome to UM, thanks for sharing.

Why do you not think that it’s all just dreams/sleep related phenomena? Is there any real reason you/anyone else should consider it more than that?

Also, 3+ minutes with the ‘first encounter’, did you take any photos/video?

To be honest I want to know why I ended up with the cut.  If your interested, I had another strange dream two nights ago which falls on the exact date of my encounter 4 years ago.  This dream was far more boring but just as strange.  I was sitting on my bed doing homework as I often due late at night, in fact I didn't even really realize that I was dreaming.  The weird portion is that in the dream I was working with equations and symbols that I have never seen before or at least cannot remember seeing.  Interestingly there were also symbols and equations that I did know integrated with the equations and symbols that I didn't know.  For instance I had to anti-derive several of the equations, as well as consulting a standard X:Y coordinate chart for one set of problems.  I am only a freshman in college but am very advanced in both physics and mathematics for my age.  I was able to graduate high school at 16; however, i never did in order to play sports.  Instead I have taken several dual credit classes in both physics and calculus and have a fairly detailed concept of most equations and theorems used in both, at least at a collegiate level, so I would most likely know if the symbols and equations were something I had seen before.  When I woke up yesterday much of my homework and lab work for my classes was spread out on the ground as if I'd been reviewing them, but I do not remember doing so.  Its not the dreams themselves but what I find in the mornings that I truly consider to be strange and perhaps paranormal.  I have never been a sleep walker and am known for being a fairly heavy sleeper.  

Also, I wish I had any pictures for you but I didn't own a cell phone at the time, and my iPod was either 3rd or 4th generation and didn't have a camera on it.  In hindsight I know I should have taken pictures but I didn't even think about it at the time.  

Thank you for your help Timothy

• 3 weeks later...

@AugustNorth         I believe many people have had genuine UFO and alien encounters. It is quite likely you are among the many. It does sound to me like perhaps they are trying to inspire your math and physics growth. I would then best guess this would be a positive force.

Maybe instead of calling for HELP, don't look at this as a negative but a mystery. There are organizations out there of people with similar experiences who might be able to further suggest what might be going on.

• Like 2

Your account has some of the aspects of a possible alien abduction. For example, the sighting of the strange craft, recall of strange dreams, and physical anomalies that can't be readily explained. It's interesting that you revisit it precisely yearly. If you have had an encounter, it would be normal to not recall the details of such an event. The reason is, these can be absolutely terrifying. And the mind has an amazing capacity to cope with trauma. When enough is introduced a mechanism triggers that improves chances for survival. However, problems occur due to persistent inner conflict the subject suffers. The cause is sometimes referred to as the hostage complex (or Stockholm syndrome). Many abductees are likely to have this condition and have no conscious recall of the contact (s).  That, or they view the abductions as a voluntary act toward meeting with a convoluted savior.  Either way, it can reap havoc in person's lives. I'm not sure what I would do if I were in your shoes. Except, what it appears you are doing - seeking the truth.

• Like 1

I once saw a UFO many years ago I was about 10 years old. I couldn't sleep I started gazing out my bedroom window looking at the clear sky. I then noticed a tree at the bottom of my garden and looked above it, I saw something flying around. I rubbed my eyes a little and looked again it was flying about but then started doing weird movements. After a while it disappeared. Now I thought I was seeing things, I got back in bed and went to sleep. Next morning was listening to the radio before school and there was a few reports of the same object I had seen. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2017 at 4:05 AM, Average American said:

Your account has some of the aspects of a possible alien abduction. For example, the sighting of the strange craft, recall of strange dreams, and physical anomalies that can't be readily explained. It's interesting that you revisit it precisely yearly. If you have had an encounter, it would be normal to not recall the details of such an event. The reason is, these can be absolutely terrifying. And the mind has an amazing capacity to cope with trauma. When enough is introduced a mechanism triggers that improves chances for survival. However, problems occur due to persistent inner conflict the subject suffers. The cause is sometimes referred to as the hostage complex (or Stockholm syndrome). Many abductees are likely to have this condition and have no conscious recall of the contact (s).  That, or they view the abductions as a voluntary act toward meeting with a convoluted savior.  Either way, it can reap havoc in person's lives. I'm not sure what I would do if I were in your shoes. Except, what it appears you are doing - seeking the truth.

Nobody I've talked to online has been able to clear anything up for me.  To be honest I don't know whether I believe this was an alien or just an anomaly.  I've seen some similar accounts to what I had seen but nothing that seemed quite the same.  If you hear of an account similar then please tell me so that I am able to get in contact with the person who had the similar account.

On 11/7/2017 at 9:12 AM, AugustNorth said:

Nobody I've talked to online has been able to clear anything up for me.  To be honest I don't know whether I believe this was an alien or just an anomaly.  I've seen some similar accounts to what I had seen but nothing that seemed quite the same.  If you hear of an account similar then please tell me so that I am able to get in contact with the person who had the similar account.

I'm not sure what aspects of the recall you seek for similarity. I feel I've seen several that are similar to yours. The only place I seem to encounter them are in YouTube comments on related videos. But it makes sense to me because I spend a lot of time in those places. One thing you could do is a search for specific type experience in your favorite Web search engine. For example, "strange dreams + strange craft + paralysis". Something like that. Because you might be able to find a blogger who has similar.

But I will also keep my eyes peeled.