Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Non Sensical Rifle Addiction

thedutchiedutch

Being lectured to by a populace that's helpless against the plans of a government that obviously couldn't care less about their desires.  That's funny right there.  Hoo-Rah  :gun::w00t:  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, and then said:

Being lectured to by a populace that's helpless against the plans of a government that obviously couldn't care less about their desires.  That's funny right there.  Hoo-Rah  :gun::w00t:  

Do you mean what I presume is the Dutch? what are they doing to oppress their citizens ? Or do you mean about immigrants?

1 hour ago, and then said:

Being lectured to by a populace that's helpless against the plans of a government that obviously couldn't care less about their desires.

You want to contrast our situation.  Seems to me guns are great for hunting, personal defense and fun.  I don't think the arms private citizens have would prevail against a government that cares less about them.  I'm sure you have noticed that the troubles we are having now have the side effect of weaponizing police departments to prepare for riots.   Even local police departments have APC's and armored bomb disposal robots.Maybe I am naive, but I think citizens have better odds against an invasion than against their own government. 

8 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

You want to contrast our situation.  Seems to me guns are great for hunting, personal defense and fun.  I don't think the arms private citizens have would prevail against a government that cares less about them.  I'm sure you have noticed that the troubles we are having now have the side effect of weaponizing police departments to prepare for riots.   Even local police departments have APC's and armored bomb disposal robots.Maybe I am naive, but I think citizens have better odds against an invasion than against their own government. 

United States military, the strongest army in the world, been struggling with goat lovers for 15+ years. You are basically telling me the citizens of United States who have access to vastly superior weapons can't do the same? Talk about lying out the side of your mouth even though you know we been fighting terrorism that consist of the average muslims for a long time.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Uncle Sam said:

United States military, the strongest army in the world, been struggling with goat lovers for 15+ years. You are basically telling me the citizens of United States who have access to vastly superior weapons can't do the same? Talk about lying out the side of your mouth even though you know we been fighting terrorism that consist of the average muslims for a long time.

That's because of the very very strict rules of engagement imposed by the Obama administration, in a recent documentary the soldiers said that they cannot fire on taliban fighters unless they open fire first and also if one of the taliban fighter as a gun but he is not firing then you cannot fire on him. If the war was anything like ww2 or gulf War it would have been over by now. 

This is very funny and:lol: yes guns are a problem because crazy people or criminals have them.  I can understand hunting rifles for those who hunt.

As our country continues to spiral into more violence and police have to gun up, with the pressure that goes with that, is like throwing gas on the fire......but we are trapped I believe.  Even if every honest citizen gives up their weapons, which won't happen, the criminal element will always have guns, plenty of them to kill cops and citizen at their will.  However, there is hope, but I fear things may have to get worse before it will get better.  The only problem is this, will the government who will have to have more power to rid this country of weapons, in reality make things worse. 

Peace

Mark
PS.  I am not a pessimist!!!!!!:(

Edited by markdohle

5 hours ago, Uncle Sam said:

First of all Uncle, I don't see whats wrong with goats.

Second, why do you think US citizens have vastly superior weapons?  Stinger missiles?  RPG's?  Jeep mounted 50 cals?  These people sell oil and buy arms all over the world.  They don't have a bunch of ancient muskets or something.  Our military forces try to follow rules of engagement that our foes are not bound to do.  Our military is working with foreign governments that don't always cooperate.  I do not belittle or dishonor US military.

Terrorists?   The thread was about the Second Amendment not about terrorism. The United States as well as many of our allies have stood strong through terrorist attacks.  Are you contending that terrorists can threaten the US government?  I don't think so.  I will say it out of one or both sides of my mouth: "Terrorism cannot overthrow the United States government."

16 hours ago, and then said:Being lectured to by a populace that's helpless against the plans of a government that obviously couldn't care less about their desires.  That's funny right there.  Hoo-Rah  :gun::w00t:  

Yeap, Billy-Bob and his stock of assault weapons will be a great defence against a tank. 

“Ohh but the military will never side with the government against the people” you’ll say, and I’ll say “then why do you need all those weapons if the people who have better ones will never use them on you?” And you’ll say “it’s our right” and I’ll ask “why?” And you’ll say “to protect us from the government” and around and around in circles the conversation will go. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, and then said:

16 hours ago, and then said:

Do I sense a classic case of butthurt ? Remember, this video is comedy.

16 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Do you mean what I presume is the Dutch? what are they doing to oppress their citizens ? Or do you mean about immigrants?

I think he means about the freedom to smoke what you want and sleep with who you pay. 

And bicycles.

Or maybe they are trying to reintroduce tulip bulbs in their economy? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

That must be why there are so many lies and prejudice in that screed. 

"rural areas" said with dread that makes his voice shake... ooOOoo!

"Silencers" ... this for a European audience? Firstly, there is no such thing, they only go "pfft" in Hollywood movies. Secondly, they are used all over the place, in EUROPE, to reduce noise at ranges in countries with high population density. They are actually suppressors, okay?

Perfectly legal, if you pay the taxes, fees and pass a background check, but far less common in the US than they are in Europe. 

And of course the images of Europeans flying over here by the bazzilions to make America change its ways goes over big there. After all, more Americans have been killed by Europeans at war with us than any other groups of people from anywhere else in the world, combined. Want to re-live the glory days, eh?

(hey, what's wrong? That's a joke, get it? :rolleyes: )

23 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

For my American friends :)

Number of deaths for leading causes of death in the USA

• Heart disease: 633,842
    • Cancer: 595,930
    • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 155,041
    • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 146,571
    • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 140,323
    • Alzheimer’s disease: 110,561
    • Diabetes: 79,535
    • Influenza and pneumonia: 57,062
    • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 49,959
    • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 44,193

We stop all of the top 10 here in the good old USA, then we might consider talking about that nasty NRA..

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Yeap, Billy-Bob and his stock of assault weapons will be a great defence against a tank. 

That's covered...

A Texas man has parked a World War II era tank on his front yard, displeasing his homeowners association in a neighborhood of multi-million dollar homes. The owner claims that the tank (pictured above) is "not hurting anyone" and will eventually end up at his ranch in east Texas.

Tony Buzbee bought his fully-functional M4 Sherman tank overseas before delivering it home to sit outside his home. According to Buzbee, the tank landed at Normandy and participated in the liberation of Paris. The tank has been demilitarized, meaning the weapons—including the 75 millimeter M3 main gun—no longer work.

cont...

http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a28472/texas-man-parks-sherman-tank-in-his-front-yard/

He could still modify it to working order. :lol:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Michelle said:

That's covered...

A Texas man has parked a World War II era tank on his front yard, displeasing his homeowners association in a neighborhood of multi-million dollar homes. The owner claims that the tank (pictured above) is "not hurting anyone" and will eventually end up at his ranch in east Texas.

Tony Buzbee bought his fully-functional M4 Sherman tank overseas before delivering it home to sit outside his home. According to Buzbee, the tank landed at Normandy and participated in the liberation of Paris. The tank has been demilitarized, meaning the weapons—including the 75 millimeter M3 main gun—no longer work.

cont...

http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a28472/texas-man-parks-sherman-tank-in-his-front-yard/

He could still modify it to working order. :lol:

certainly looks in very good condition. I wonder where he bought it from? A European dealer? I like the way they managed to find someone in a Cobra to stop and look at it.

Well ok, probably a replica I expect. the Cobra, that is.

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker

29 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

certainly looks in very good condition. I wonder where he bought it from?

It better be in good condition... $600,000! I mean, day-um.

Article says it was from a museum that went bust and had an auction. A little piece of history survives, thanks to the internet, perhaps?

29 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

A European dealer?

Just a museum in France, with some under-appreciated stuff. 

Nice to see the old relic made it back here, not many ever did, and few look that good. But he can't keep it outside for long if he wants to keep it in such good shape.

22 hours ago, Uncle Sam said:

To be fair, a populace armed with assault weapons, haven't been able to beat the vastly superior US military in 15 years, either.

20 hours ago, Glockornothing said:

We stop all of the top 10 here in the good old USA, then we might consider talking about that nasty NRA..

If our politicians and pundits had the right priorities, they would address the problems that lead to those stats. Obesity could be at the top of the list since Americans are fatter now than they ever have been, and that can lead to all sorts of major health problems. The misuse of pain medications, as well as drugs linked to them, also should be addressed since that's a growing societal plague with no end in sight. As for mass shootings, look at psychoactive drugs in killers' systems, and you'll find some answers to some questions.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2017 at 2:30 AM, Glockornothing said:

Awesome comparison,now do a comparison between bacterias and criminals

Edited by godnodog

On 10/13/2017 at 11:25 PM, thedutchiedutch said:

For my American friends :)

I found the video pretty funny- but then, there's a goodly handful of spoof comedy I find pretty funny.

On 10/14/2017 at 0:19 AM, Tatetopa said:

Tell that to Vietnam.

On 10/14/2017 at 3:05 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

“Ohh but the military will never side with the government against the people” you’ll say, and I’ll say “then why do you need all those weapons if the people who have better ones will never use them on you?” And you’ll say “it’s our right” and I’ll ask “why?” And you’ll say “to protect us from the government” and around and around in circles the conversation will go. 

And again, tell that the Vietnam.  And if you really believe that US citizens wouldn't be able to take out a hostile tank with some IED's in an ambush then you don't know us very well.

On 10/14/2017 at 3:33 PM, thedutchiedutch said:

Then why didn't you post it in the jokes and humor section?  Because it's poitical commentary disguised as comedy.  It's not even funny regardless.

On 10/15/2017 at 1:54 AM, preacherman76 said:

Most of the military would be on our side.

For the record, US marines outfitted with the same kit that they carried in in Vietnam were deployed in American cities during riots after MLK jr. was killed and they did shoot US citizens.  Very few refused deployment.

• Like 1