Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shotgun "Jane Doe" - odd case

BruiserBrody

Case History 
The victim was killed by a shotgun on Jim Sterchi Road in North Knox County in 1987. Authorities speculated at the time that the unidentified woman and two male accomplices were attempting to trick and rob the resident on Jim Sterchi Road by faking a fight outside her front door. 

The woman kicked the door, awakening the resident and a visitor. The resident called police and fired one shot from a shotgun when the woman attempted to open a screen door. 

The two men were caught. But they were unable to identify the woman. They said they had picked her up at a Greene County rest stop just before the shooting. 
She remains unidentified. 

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/607uftn.html

I don't know that I have much to add, I only saw her skull while I was in a forensic anthropology training session at the University of Tennessee. She wasn't literally shot point-blank straight on, IIRC the entry wound was towards the left side of her head as if she had started to turn away from the shotgun. The skull was pretty well shattered, as you would expect from such a close-range shotgun wound. Aside from that, I don't know much more about the case than what has already been listed on the Doe Network. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I'd like to see this case solved and give her a name just as much as all of you.

https://farawaypoints.livejournal.com/955588.html#comments

• Like 2

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BruiserBrody

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic