Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God's 14 bil. years of violence.

Nostrodumbass

On 20/10/2017 at 3:57 PM, Nostrodumbass said:

You make alot of sense, I just feel the need to understand where gods influence ends, and where our own influence takes over and 'runs with it'. And I hope you are able to realise that what you describe may develop independently from 'god', and only be natural human evolution.

I am holding onto hope that if we can strip away our own influence, it can leave us with the identity of the creator, and this identity or definition would be compatible with observed scientific facts, I would thus feel complete and be able to rest in peace lol

Oh certainly; the human mind has evolved, not just a capability to construct gods, but indeed an propensity bordering on essential/compelling, to do so.

It is how people with no technical/scientific knowledge or data can feel safe and make sense of the powerful world around them

And then, of course, the human mind always tends to perceive and interpret what it encounters via preexisting knowledge, beliefs and cultural understandings,  If i met the same real god as a person from 10000 years ago and another form 500 years ago then we will all see that entity differently  and understand it in difernt ways   And if a human from 500 years in the future encountered the same god/entity they would again have a very difernt understanding of its nature and purpose.

while we can construct god in any image or form we desire, it is when we encounter god that we face the biggest challenge.  Using only our own mind and knowledge we have to work out how to understand, and accommodate in our lives, an entity far more advanced technologically powerful, and also very different to ourselves.  It is the difference between having an imaginary wife and a real one,.in that we have to adapt to the reality of the being, rather than just be able to shape and construct it, to be as we desire it to be  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I am under the impression that science is a religion to you. You do know that science can be a religion and also has its dogmas especially the mainstream version?

This makes more sense why you bastardize science with new age spiritual beliefs. You see them both as religions.

I see science as both a tool and body of knowledge. Many people have a problem with it because science doesn't support their religious beliefs. It's typical to blame "materialists" when science dismisses spiritual "non-evidence".

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

I give no more credit to davros' dopamine dogma than a religious fundamentalist who takes the account of genesis literally. Both views transpire ignorance and quite frankly, I prefer to keep running with those who seek the truth and avoid those who have found it.

Seek only truth provided it falls in line with your preconceived beliefs. We saw this when you refused to accept the scientific method and it's impact on the study of the natural universe. Blame the materialists that there is no evidence of God. You're really not that different to these creationists yourself.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

Scientistic materialism, or the latest manifestation of orthodoxy.

So far it perfectly explains your behavior while at the same time being backed by evidence. 

My first interaction with you was of a video you linked to me. It was of Dr. Michio Kaku, but your error was not realizing Kaku uses the word "God" as a metaphor. You just heard the word, and your excitement tunnel visioned on it. 

You have gotten worse since. You are a thought addict of pseudoscience mixed with ancient superstition. 

9d2.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

I give no more credit to davros' dopamine dogma than a religious fundamentalist who takes the account of genesis literally. Both views transpire ignorance and quite frankly, I prefer to keep running with those who seek the truth and avoid those who have found it.

I find this statement interesting as many times you post as though you know the truth, but if you are still seeking the truth it is an unknown to you. How can you make assertions about something from a position of authority and then say that you are still looking for the answer to the unknown? I am not challenging you but am asking for clarification.

jmccr8

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

It is very true that many addicts kick their habits by adopting religious fundamentalism. 

It can be a substitute. 

They simply trade addictions.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

I find this statement interesting as many times you post as though you know the truth, but if you are still seeking the truth it is an unknown to you. How can you make assertions about something from a position of authority and then say that you are still looking for the answer to the unknown? I am not challenging you but am asking for clarification.

jmccr8

I seek gnosis, that transdismentional knowledge of all realities including our own inmost realities and the Holy insight to separate the false ones from the real ones. Gnosis is personal and essential cogniziance with a higher, ultimate consciousness that sets us free not forever but beyond forever.  It's not something you can impose on anyone as metaphysical truth. Therefore it can't be used by the orthodoxy -whether it be religious or scientistic in nature to shut out any spiritual inquieries or as a tool for controling the masses.

Those who cling to the material world as the Ultimate Truth are really no more advanced than those who cling to daddy Jehova for salvation. Both are siting on their metaphysical fat***s.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Scudbuster said:

Because science is a process of continual discovery. Despite all the amazing facts and discoveries, in many categories there's always the yearning for "more".

Yes, I agree that with science there are knowns that can be observed and work towards understanding the unknowns we exist in a physical world that is knowable.

jmccr8

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

I seek gnosis, that transdismentional knowledge of all realities including our own inmost realities and the Holy insight to separate the false ones from the real ones. Gnosis is personal and essential cogniziance with a higher, ultimate consciousness that sets us free not forever but beyond forever.  It's not something you can impose on anyone as metaphysical truth. Therefore it can't be use by the orthodoxy -whether it be religious or scientistic in nature to shut out any spiritual inquieries or as a tool for controling the masses.

Those who cling to the material world as the Ultimate Truth ar really no better than those who cling to daddy Jehova for salvation. Both are siting on their metaphysical fat***s.

Okay thanks, but how do you demonstrate the subjective? When are you sure that what you know is enough to know that you understand all of an aspects qualities of you are still searching the subjective that what you know is complete enough to make affirmative statements as if the were concrete. Again I am not being combative just asking questions.

jmccr8

25 minutes ago, Scudbuster said:

Because science is a process of continual discovery. Despite all the amazing facts and discoveries, in many categories there's always the yearning for "more".

And the same is true for God.

Because theology is a process of continual discovery. Despite all the amazing facts and discoveries, in many categories there's always the yearning for "more".

This is why I've been saying that science and religion are seeking the same thing. Knowledge about the truth.

It creates an advantage, having two ways to look at it. Just like having two eyes is markedly superior to having one.

With stereovision, depth perception is available, while this three dimensional aspect is missing when only science or religion is used to seek for an understanding knowledge of reality.

21 minutes ago, Will Due said:

And the same is true for God.

Because theology is a process of continual discovery. Despite all the amazing facts and discoveries, in many categories there's always the yearning for "more".

What amazing thing has theology discovered?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

This makes more sense why you bastardize science with new age spiritual beliefs. You see them both as religions.

I see science as both a tool and body of knowledge. Many people have a problem with it because science doesn't support their religious beliefs. It's typical to blame "materialists" when science dismisses spiritual "non-evidence".

Yes I agree a lot of religions have a problem with science. I have no problem with science as long as it is done the correct way and they don't cook the books so to say. The truth is though that for many science has become a religion and most mainstream science has hit a roadblock and it can't really move much further then it has. Which is why I am more appealed to Quantum physics and Metaphysics.

1 minute ago, Rlyeh said:

The amazimg spiritual realities of the Creator and the relationships we all have in living this life of never ending scientific and personal spiritual experiences. 

Science and religion both require wholehearted honest and sincere devotion (faith) in order for these two branches on the tree of the approach of knowing what's really real to be activated.

Devotion and faith to the truth where ever it takes you.

1 hour ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

I seek gnosis, that transdismentional knowledge of all realities including our own inmost realities and the Holy insight to separate the false ones from the real ones. Gnosis is personal and essential cogniziance with a higher, ultimate consciousness that sets us free not forever but beyond forever.  It's not something you can impose on anyone as metaphysical truth. Therefore it can't be used by the orthodoxy -whether it be religious or scientistic in nature to shut out any spiritual inquieries or as a tool for controling the masses.

Those who cling to the material world as the Ultimate Truth are really no more advanced than those who cling to daddy Jehova for salvation. Both are siting on their metaphysical fat***s.

Very well said and I agree with your profound statement. You said it much better then I could put into words.

14 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

A lord appearing in a burning bush and virginal birth.:alien: Sorry I couldn't help myself in adding some humor here.:lol:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Very well said and I agree with your profound statement. You said it much better then I could put into words.

Do you have multiple accounts going on?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Okay thanks, but how do you demonstrate the subjective? When are you sure that what you know is enough to know that you understand all of an aspects qualities of you are still searching the subjective that what you know is complete enough to make affirmative statements as if the were concrete. Again I am not being combative just asking questions.

jmccr8

It's not so much about supernatural beings we encounter outside our limited realities that matters. It's what their discovery says about our inner processes that truly matters. Regardless of whether they be arcane, murky concepts or sightings such as gods, angels, aliens or the career of Nicolas Cage. Self-knowledge is God knowledge. It's the realization of the divinity of every person. And that's when the Black Iron Prison appears in all of it's horror and the outsider finds himself alienated in a false world, who can only have been created by a false Principalities.

Edited by TruthSeeker_

23 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I am under the impression that science is a religion to you. You do know that science can be a religion and also has its dogmas especially the mainstream version?

They have only swapped the term 'heretics' for 'anti-science krook'.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

Do you have multiple accounts going on?

No. Why do you ask me that? This is the only account I have.

7 minutes ago, Scudbuster said:

Truth- check the post above your last post- it looks like you are quoting yourself  :D

Oh wait- there are 2 "Truthseekers" out there - looks like one is a secret agent   :rolleyes:

Exactly.

They have only swapped the term 'heretics' for 'anti-science krook'.

Rather often the term heretic was reserved for the scientists. 

And the Gnostics. 

Edited by ChaosRose

2 hours ago, Scudbuster said:

Truth- check the post above your last post- it looks like you are quoting yourself  :D

Oh wait- there are 2 "Truthseekers" out there - looks like one is a secret agent   :rolleyes:

Yea he has an underscore and I have a 007. Yea no secret agent here it was just one of the numbers that worked when I was making a username. But thanks to you I did look up the number 007. And I did find something interesting.This is what I found:

http://taniagabrielle.com/the-mysterious-power-of-007/

Particularly the number 007. Why is it that this number was used for the infamous character James Bond. Is it because the two zeroes look like two eyes, as in for your eyes only. Possibly. But that doesnt explain the number 7. And, its only part of the answer.
O is a circle. The circle represents wholeness, perfection and eternity. A circle expands equally in all directions from a center point, so zero represents nothing and everything. A circle also symbolizes the cycles of nature. Sun, moon, and planets move in circles always in constant motion. So the Zero is a symbol of God and the divine the source of all life.
When the O is part of a number, as in 30, 100, or 007, it gives the person divine protection.
Who makes better use of divine protection than the immortal James Bond. Without those double zeroes, he would have been assassinated a long time ago. He wouldnt have dodged bullets and saved the world 21 times. But its impossible to kill off 007.
7 happens to be the most lonely and mystical number of all. 7s are always on some kind of quest. They are single and singleminded.
Additionally, people with a prominent 7 in their blueprints have to work for themselves, preferably alone. They dont like having a boss. Though Agent 007 works for the British Intelligence Service, James Bond is best known for making his own decisions, defying his orders from above all with an eye to accomplish his quest to defeat evil.

It continues but you can read all of it at the link above if interested.

4 hours ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

It's not so much about supernatural beings we encounter outside our limited realities that matters. It's what their discovery says about our inner processes that truly matters. Regardless of whether they be arcane, murky concepts or sightings such as gods, angels, aliens or the career of Nicolas Cage. Self-knowledge is God knowledge. It's the realization of the divinity of every person. And that's when the Black Iron Prison appears in all of it's horror and the outsider finds himself alienated in a false world, who can only have been created by a false Principalities.

That's very true. 

8 hours ago, Scudbuster said:

As far as I know there are 3 different truth seekers active on this forum. I say the more the merrier!

I'm not not sure Jehova and his angelic mafia appreciate that though!

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2017 at 3:05 AM, Rlyeh said:
On 10/20/2017 at 11:33 PM, TruthSeeker_ said:

Seek only truth provided it falls in line with your preconceived beliefs. We saw this when you refused to accept the scientific method and it's impact on the study of the natural universe. Blame the materialists that there is no evidence of God. You're really not that different to these creationists yourself.

I do not understand the comparison of science to religion. I feel, apples and oranges here. My thoughts on that, of course. Here's the thing, and bringing up the word truth. (And if those who know me, I'm a believer, unique in it, but a believer never the less.) Looking at religions and their beliefs and tenets and such, (including in my own) one cannot fully see these things as the full truth, if it hasn't been proven as the full objective proof. Science, I feel one can. 

If using religions, (even my own) and compare it to Davos's dopamine points, I may not feel strongly the same way to Davos's points, but I do entertain the thought, he might have more evidence to prove it, then someone religious's points. (and yes, even my own) I and others might find things like Davos's points disturbing to themselves, (like I might, sorry Davos) but I feel, it's disturbing, because it is more provable a situation and that can be found uncomfortable in it's own. 

The truth is the truth. 

• Like 3