Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God's 14 bil. years of violence.

Nostrodumbass

17 hours ago, Will Due said:

Then let all these mainstream views go.

"Be reminded that a wise tailor does not sew a piece of new and unshrunk cloth upon an old garment, lest, when it is wet, it shrink and produce a worse rent. Neither do men put new wine into old wine skins, lest the new wine burst the skins so that both the wine and the skins perish. The wise man puts the new wine into fresh wine skins. Therefore do my disciples show wisdom in that they do not bring too much of the old order over into the new teaching"

The mainstream has many tributaries and distributaries, I do not want to end up having 'the truth' or 'new teaching' but actually be in the same place as before; being there and oblivious to the fact would be a tragedy.

• Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:06 PM, Will Due said:

The maximum understanding of all reality is not possible without the philosophical coordination of the discoveries of both science and religion. 

It's a three pronged approach. 

Ok then, what has religion "discovered" about reality? I'd say the biggest discovery is people will believe anything.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Is that you throwing a little tantrum there?? ;)   What's wrong in me seeing things differently? And that's what I am doing, all I'm doing. (well, in a sense) is seeing things like that, in a positive outlook. :D 

Or, wait a minute, is it really the smell? :o  :lol:  

You have your view, and I have mine. :P

A problem? To who? How? Could you please elaborate? Because, I don't see how. And when it comes to my describing my feelings on this, it's just me, describing my feelings on this. How can me wanting a continuing mystery be a problem? How can it be a problem to others? (if that's the gist) It's not like I go spreading my feelings of "NO! Don't tell me, I rather stay in the dark!!" 

I mean, you did realize, I'm just keeping this to myself, you know. Right? 

Then again, if that is the gist, if the mystery is solved, I hope you do realized I would like to be told the end result. You do realize that, right? 

My point is, while the mystery cannot be solved by anyone, unlike others who go stir crazy with wanting to know now, I'm good with it. But yeah, if you can answer it, I'm all ears. 

Is that it? 

When I was a kid I was sitting on a friend's porch reading a book. I suddenly looked behind me to see his father staring at me through the window. I surmise that I subconsciously picked up on a noise, and the father was making sure what I was reading was legit.

Some people would latch on to having psychic powers than accepting the plausible answer.

Last week in the woods I saw this strange solid black creature chasing a deer. It was so unexpected that it elevated my perception of this swift, Marmadukian, slimline, odd, and sort of canine looking animal.

After I calmed down I analyzed what I saw. My best description of it was Greyhound like. I looked up "Black Greyhound", and found the perfect profile of a breed I never knew existed. It probably saw the deer below the mountain in his yard, and chased  it up the hill?

Other people would say they saw a Hellhound with glowing red eyes.

No problem. No problem at all.

Well, that reminded me of one experience, (one I believe I have numerous times described on this board) of seeing a glowing orange object, hidden slightly in the tree tops, moving ever so slowly from East to West. In which, I thought that was the moon, until I noticed it was actually.............................. :o .................. moving. I believe, that was one of the experiences that I haven't heard a mundane reasoning for. I even told a brother that experience, and at that time, he brushed it off telling me I was crazy. Well, until some years later, he came to me to show him and explain in detail that experience again, ( he was sincere, very curious now, and intent in hearing it ) in which I did. Afterwards, he then told me his recent experience in something, (with a witness with him ) he saw in the sky, that surprised him (and witness ) 

*shrugs* 

Keep looking. You never know what you might see next?

Who knows!!! Maybe!!! Which ever! Hell, if it was indeed a experimental satellite at the time, (and failed to make a come back) cool, I'll go with that. But since I vividly remember it still, and really haven't come across an extreme similar experience told by someone else to tell me it's a race of far distant aliens, or an experimental satellite, it stays as an unexplained mystery. (Did ya guys like that?. If this was "Everything wrong with ..........in blah blah minutes, ..........someone would have yelled, 'Roll credits!!!' ;)  :tu:  :D  )

That was no satellite. It was the "Far Out Space Nuts".

spacenuts_9200.jpg

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. :unsure:  :unsure2:      I still didn't get it. (which is me, Maybe I need to let it sink in...... for a few........ decades! ) 

Jesus loves nonbelievers. 

Edited by davros of skaro
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Will Due said:

Hi jm, 

You are right, nonetheless the coordination of the two approaches to discovering the truth are both valid. Perhaps this fact only goes to highlight the duality of life. That two legs are better than one.

Hi Will,

In a sense I can agree but we would only be able to prove the validity of one leg. No matter how much faith on has in the other leg it will still be invisible. I don't deny that there is the spiritual aspect but as I said before that it is unique and there are no measurable qualities/constants that apply to all people. If one person grew up in a family of drug addicts or criminals the revelations or truths that they discover will not be the same as someone that grew up in generational religious families and neither of them will understand the others journey.

jmccr8

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Will,

In a sense I can agree but we would only be able to prove the validity of one leg. No matter how much faith on has in the other leg it will still be invisible. I don't deny that there is the spiritual aspect but as I said before that it is unique and there are no measurable qualities/constants that apply to all people. If one person grew up in a family of drug addicts or criminals the revelations or truths that they discover will not be the same as someone that grew up in generational religious families and neither of them will understand the others journey.

jmccr8

Hi jm,

You know, the spiritual aspect as you termed it, is always the same in its results as applied to the discovery of the meanings and values of religious spiritual realities.

I say this because I've had many conversations with a diverse range of religious people coming from the worst environments to perhaps the most ideal families, and the discussions I've had with these folks always go along the same lines.

That the application of spiritual faith in what I've been calling personal true religion, results in the same understanding of God.

That he dwells within us, that he is our Father and that we are his sons. I'm talking in generalities but the essence of what is shared between religious people is that the general understandings that are discovered due to religious faith are the same. Subjective nonetheless. 

Taking all these subjective experiences together, ties them up in an objective way. At least (and certainly) for believers that is.

21 hours ago, Will Due said:
21 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Yes, I know. But, that wasn't my point. It's a lefty, expecting others to be lefties, because they are. 

I don't think, one negates the other or vice versa. 

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!? Could you please elaborate further on that, please? 

And apparently, in this thread, can have more than one meaning. :huh:  

Sorry, Will, I don't think I can understand how you come to your conclusions. Not saying anything demeaning about it, just this based from my point of view, and I think my point of view, has been observant of various things. *shrugs* 

Then your point of view is true enough.

Well, yeah, for me, in a subjective way. But, I think the kicker here is, I can be wrong. Yes, I probably wouldn't think that, but that's my .......... *ahem* ......... 'inside world'........... until proven other wise. But, if the objective evidence comes forth, then I realize, I'm wrong. Then, it's not so true enough, is it? 

I still have my own 'truth' within me, but that coincides with the outside objective truth too. I just don't spread the knowledge of my inside truth, since the outside truth is the priority. 

Until it progresses and evolves further towards a wider perspective of the discernment of truth.

I think, I just did that. And if I'm having an inside truth and outside objective truth, then I match on those days. ;) 

Though, the other way around, (what I first explained) I have a feeling it might not jar with what you're saying. 

So again, in human experience, that's how the truth will always remain the truth. Because human experience is progressive, and the understanding of the truth will grow as we continue to evolve personally.

Ehhhh, I don't think that's necessarily true. If the human experience is progressive, (which I don't disagree) then the objective truth will show itself. Chances are, if one is lacking confidence in the inner truth, (to a point), then what happens outside will cause some form of change. 

I have the strange feeling, Will, that there are some truths that might not be your cup of tea though. I would understand that, just as I'm like that. But, I feel, that I compensate for that. ;)  Kind of. :w00t:  

7 hours ago, Rlyeh said:
On 10/25/2017 at 0:36 AM, Will Due said:

The maximum understanding of all reality is not possible without the philosophical coordination of the discoveries of both science and religion. 

It's a three pronged approach. 

Ok then, what has religion "discovered" about reality? I'd say the biggest discovery is people will believe anything.

Yeah, I don't think religion can do anything in that area, in an objective sense. *shrugs* 

5 hours ago, davros of skaro said:
On 10/25/2017 at 9:18 AM, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Is that you throwing a little tantrum there?? ;)   What's wrong in me seeing things differently? And that's what I am doing, all I'm doing. (well, in a sense) is seeing things like that, in a positive outlook. :D 

Or, wait a minute, is it really the smell? :o  :lol:  

You have your view, and I have mine. :P

Cool! :tu:  

Uh............. that's what I always thought! :yes:    

:D 

When I was a kid I was sitting on a friend's porch reading a book. I suddenly looked behind me to see his father staring at me through the window. I surmise that I subconsciously picked up on a noise, and the father was making sure what I was reading was legit.

Some people would latch on to having psychic powers than accepting the plausible answer.

Last week in the woods I saw this strange solid black creature chasing a deer. It was so unexpected that it elevated my perception of this swift, Marmadukian, slimline, odd, and sort of canine looking animal.

After I calmed down I analyzed what I saw. My best description of it was Greyhound like. I looked up "Black Greyhound", and found the perfect profile of a breed I never knew existed. It probably saw the deer below the mountain in his yard, and chased  it up the hill?

Other people would say they saw a Hellhound with glowing red eyes.

No problem. No problem at all.

You know what, I see what you're saying. And I think I touched on that in a previous question to you. I can understand seeing how some people would jump to conclusions on one thing, and not realize it's another and the more objective answer. Like your experience with the dark greyhound. ( Huh, I didn't realize they existed either. I learned something with your experience. ) And I too, in every experience that seems weird and unexplained at first, I also feel that I need to mundanely explain it away. If I'm intrigued to a 'supposedly' haunted situation in the homes I have or do live in, I definitely want to explain it away, or find out and hope it's a mundane explanation, because I kind of don't want to live in a haunted home. Well, part of me doesn't. 

And despite seeing (and hearing) things in the sky, I again, want to expain it away, because I hate to think there might be something nefarious with it. ;)  :o  

(I want to note, and probably already did, about saying I saw UFO's as opposed to seeing 'flying saucers' or 'aliens'. I can say honestly, that I have never saw 'flying saucers' ((well, I saw a plate flyby once)) or never saw aliens. But, yes, I saw what I feel, are 'Unidentified Flying Objects', because I couldn't identify them at the time, and they were flying objects. :D  :yes:  Sometimes, I wonder, if some can understand the difference. I can understand and like the idea that my UFO get explained and became a IFO. :yes: ) 

Now, to sum up, I do get a giddy feeling, within me, when I experience these things. I don't go bizzarro about it and behave it. I don't know if I understand the thing with your friend's father. You think there was a thought of him being psychic? Yeah, who knows, maybe, or he was a very paranoid and nosy person. And why should he bother with you reading something legit. Did you find his playboy stash or something? And if there is a comparison of me to the father, like I said, I'm not about to let my behavior fly or let loose. 

Actually, seriously, what's really the deal with your friend's father? :o  :alien:      

Well, that reminded me of one experience, (one I believe I have numerous times described on this board) of seeing a glowing orange object, hidden slightly in the tree tops, moving ever so slowly from East to West. In which, I thought that was the moon, until I noticed it was actually.............................. :o .................. moving. I believe, that was one of the experiences that I haven't heard a mundane reasoning for. I even told a brother that experience, and at that time, he brushed it off telling me I was crazy. Well, until some years later, he came to me to show him and explain in detail that experience again, ( he was sincere, very curious now, and intent in hearing it ) in which I did. Afterwards, he then told me his recent experience in something, (with a witness with him ) he saw in the sky, that surprised him (and witness ) 

*shrugs* 

Keep looking. You never know what you might see next?

I'm always looking. For many reasons. Sometimes it is for (and jokingly referred to) as UFO hunting. ;)  :lol:  Or, to see the stars and the clouds in the sky. I look up during day and night. In fact, I noticed some years ago this star,  and never noticed it before. And I found out, how and why I'm seeing it the way I do. I have seen things move across the sky and.............. well, I can tell you various stories of what I have seen, mundane and bizzarre and I find them both fascination. 

My point, not only you don't need to tell me twice, I'm way ahead of ya. 

That was no satellite. It was the "Far Out Space Nuts".

spacenuts_9200.jpg

Wow! Really thought I was going to get an explanation there. :o   

Is that Gilligan? 

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. :unsure:  :unsure2:      I still didn't get it. (which is me, Maybe I need to let it sink in...... for a few........ decades! ) 

Jesus loves nonbelievers. 

Oh! :blink:  

Ok. 

Got it! :tu:  

Well, my higher power wants to cuddle them like they're teddy bears. 

:sk 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Will Due said:
2 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Will,

jmccr8

Hi jm,

You know, the spiritual aspect as you termed it, is always the same in its results as applied to the discovery of the meanings and values of religious spiritual realities.

I say this because I've had many conversations with a diverse range of religious people coming from the worst environments to perhaps the most ideal families, and the discussions I've had with these folks always go along the same lines.

That the application of spiritual faith in what I've been calling personal true religion, results in the same understanding of God.

That he dwells within us, that he is our Father and that we are his sons. I'm talking in generalities but the essence of what is shared between religious people is that the general understandings that are discovered due to religious faith are the same. Subjective nonetheless. 

Taking all these subjective experiences together, ties them up in an objective way. At least (and certainly) for believers that is.

Hey Will, here's something that might put in a wench in this. Now, in a similar fashion, I believe my belief is like your's. Though, I don't feel it's God, but a higher power, that could be God or could not be. Yet, even though this might behave the same fashion of how you described it, but seeing it as something else, means, it's not necessarily an object truth, and there for, not a total true truth. 

Do you understand what I mean? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Hey Will, here's something that might put in a wench in this. Now, in a similar fashion, I believe my belief is like your's. Though, I don't feel it's God, but a higher power, that could be God or could not be. Yet, even though this might behave the same fashion of how you described it, but seeing it as something else, means, it's not necessarily an object truth, and there for, not a total true truth. 

Pardon me for asking this Stubbly, but why quibble over trifles?

God IS the higher power, and he's everyone's loving father the same way we are his faithful sons.

In other words, it's more than having faith in God, it's equally important to have faith in sonship with him too.

It's simple. We are the sons of God. That's the good news Jesus wants us to know.

Edited by Will Due

37 minutes ago, Will Due said:
47 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Well, I just wonder, if I'm expressing my thoughts properly. 

God IS the higher power, and he's everyone's loving father the same way we are his faithful sons.

To be blunt about how I see and experience things, I don't see that. I live a life, based on a brought up secular thinking, and blended into a unorthodox spiritually practiced life. In that, I don't see God, and as a loving father or other wise. So, when you tell me this, I don't believe you, based on my point of view on how I have lived my life. 

I can see you seeing this, based on how you lived your life. But, since I lived differently, it happened to not see this. Saying something is, without all around evidence, is only going to show one person's disregard for how the other person explains things. 

In other words, it's more than having faith in God, it's equally important to have faith in sonship with him too.

But faith comes with a committed attitude. And one can't feel committed, if they have doubts within themselves. If you're telling me to have faith, to be committed into have faith, then I need to see why that I should. If I'm just told, that won't work out that way. 

You could look at it this way, I would feel, you should have faith in how I tell you to have it. Would you feel that committed faith? 

It's simple. We are the sons of God. That's the good news Jesus wants us to know.

Why is it, for such good news, it doesn't seem to get to everyone?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Will Due said:

I like this better than your God and his son:

1y96pl.jpg

22 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

I like this better than your God and his son:

1y96pl.jpg

I like everything you pictured above. But you're God's son too.

We all are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I like everything you pictured above. But you're God's son too.

We all are.

I beg your pardon, but I am not son of the Abrahamic God.

It is blatantly obvious your God is anti-the golden rule and pro barbarism.

Edited by Mystic Crusader

11 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

Come on MC, you've been reading my posts long enough now to know that everything I've said about God stands at the polar opposite of what conventionally is thought of as the "Abrahamic God"

It will be nice when you become honest about things when you respond to my posts.

I'll be looking forward to that moment.

30 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Come on MC, you've been reading my posts long enough now to know that everything I've said about God stands at the polar opposite of what conventionally is thought of as the "Abrahamic God"

It will be nice when you become honest about things when you respond to my posts.

I'll be looking forward to that moment.

You're preaching the same stuff that others have for millenniums, just a slightly different flavor, the Urantia book. That is all.

• Like 3

Where did everything come from? 

Any provable scientific answer would be welcome.

Thank you...

Better late then never...

On 10/15/2017 at 9:26 AM, Mystic Crusader said:

Ethics and laws are pointless if people are idolizing and emulating an abomination.  Other than Buddhism (which isn't technically a religion) the center of religions seem to always have a "God of War and Erotic Love" as it's moral center. My problem begins with the Fourth Dynasty of Egypt.

It's just freaking stupid I.M.O.

1b7njk.jpg

1u6x42.jpg

Abomination is in the eyes of the Beholder.

I can just as easily call your beliefs abomination. Doesn't make you or me correct though.

14 hours ago, Mystic Crusader said:

This is just so a good example of Mystic Crusader being purposefully dense. 

What is the "obvious" evidence of the Christian God being "anti-the golden rule and pro barbarism"? If you try to defend such a statement it is (and already has) made you look bias, foolish, and ignorant. It is perhaps just as ignorant as people who refuse to take medicine and instead only pray for healing.

9 hours ago, pallidin said:

Where did everything come from? 

Any provable scientific answer would be welcome.

Thank you...

The Scientific Answer? 

Random Chance. 

I've always put forward that to a human, over a human scale of time, there would be no difference in the observable universe whether it was due to chance, or due to some Creator. However if there is a Creator, then all this was on purpose. And if there is no Creator, then everything that exists could be considered to be just a cosmic burp... or an accident.

18 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

You know what, I see what you're saying. And I think I touched on that in a previous question to you.

Yes you did...I should have acknowledged it. My bad.

I can understand seeing how some people would jump to conclusions on one thing, and not realize it's another and the more objective answer. Like your experience with the dark greyhound. ( Huh, I didn't realize they existed either. I learned something with your experience. ) And I too, in every experience that seems weird and unexplained at first, I also feel that I need to mundanely explain it away. If I'm intrigued to a 'supposedly' haunted situation in the homes I have or do live in, I definitely want to explain it away, or find out and hope it's a mundane explanation, because I kind of don't want to live in a haunted home. Well, part of me doesn't. 

Being critical is a good thing. I rather know than believe.

And despite seeing (and hearing) things in the sky, I again, want to expain it away, because I hate to think there might be something nefarious with it. ;)  :o  

(I want to note, and probably already did, about saying I saw UFO's as opposed to seeing 'flying saucers' or 'aliens'. I can say honestly, that I have never saw 'flying saucers' ((well, I saw a plate flyby once)) or never saw aliens. But, yes, I saw what I feel, are 'Unidentified Flying Objects', because I couldn't identify them at the time, and they were flying objects. :D  :yes:  Sometimes, I wonder, if some can understand the difference. I can understand and like the idea that my UFO get explained and became a IFO. :yes: ) 

When I hear "I saw a flying saucer", or "I saw a grey" my red flag goes up. These are a product of pop culture.

Now, to sum up, I do get a giddy feeling, within me, when I experience these things. I don't go bizzarro about it and behave it. I don't know if I understand the thing with your friend's father. You think there was a thought of him being psychic? Yeah, who knows, maybe, or he was a very paranoid and nosy person. And why should he bother with you reading something legit. Did you find his playboy stash or something? And if there is a comparison of me to the father, like I said, I'm not about to let my behavior fly or let loose. 

Actually, seriously, what's really the deal with your friend's father? :o  :alien:      

You got it wrong. I did not consciously know he was at the room window staring at me sitting down on the porch. Did I look back out of ESP skills, or did I subconsciously pick up on a floorboard creek? I say along the lines of the latter. 

I'm always looking. For many reasons. Sometimes it is for (and jokingly referred to) as UFO hunting. ;)  :lol:  Or, to see the stars and the clouds in the sky. I look up during day and night. In fact, I noticed some years ago this star,  and never noticed it before. And I found out, how and why I'm seeing it the way I do. I have seen things move across the sky and.............. well, I can tell you various stories of what I have seen, mundane and bizzarre and I find them both fascination. 

Keep looking. If aliens are studying us? Who knows what technology they emit to effect our brains to keep us oblivious of their presence?  

That weird glowing green moon behind the clouds should have fixed my attention on it. But I immediately dismissed it. Now it's just a notation in my mind with no proper explanation. 

Is that Gilligan?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davros of skaro said:
22 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

You know what, I see what you're saying. And I think I touched on that in a previous question to you.

Yes you did...I should have acknowledged it. My bad.

(((HUGS)))

I can understand seeing how some people would jump to conclusions on one thing, and not realize it's another and the more objective answer. Like your experience with the dark greyhound. ( Huh, I didn't realize they existed either. I learned something with your experience. ) And I too, in every experience that seems weird and unexplained at first, I also feel that I need to mundanely explain it away. If I'm intrigued to a 'supposedly' haunted situation in the homes I have or do live in, I definitely want to explain it away, or find out and hope it's a mundane explanation, because I kind of don't want to live in a haunted home. Well, part of me doesn't. 

Being critical is a good thing. I rather know than believe.

Well, I like to do both. I find it exhilarating! :D  

When I hear "I saw a flying saucer", or "I saw a grey" my red flag goes up. These are a product of pop culture.

Oh yeah, I should have realized that. And I should feel, that everytime I hear or see a 'flying saucer', I'm going to assume someone is a bit disappointed in their china set pattern. ;)  

And grey?! Why can't it be fuschia?! That's a pretty color. And if not, why can't they be Vulcans?! That would be cool! :tu: 

You got it wrong. I did not consciously know he was at the room window staring at me sitting down on the porch. Did I look back out of ESP skills, or did I subconsciously pick up on a floorboard creek? I say along the lines of the latter. 

I may have gotten it wrong. But, in a sense, ( :o ) I figured that's what you meant. Though, I wonder if it's just that feeling people get when they are being stared at. You know what I mean? 

But, yeah, I'm still fixated at why the dad was staring at you. I mean, if that was the case, that's like an 8 on the creep-o-matic meter. *shrugs* 

Keep looking. If aliens are studying us? Who knows what technology they emit to effect our brains to keep us oblivious of their presence?  

That weird glowing green moon behind the clouds should have fixed my attention on it. But I immediately dismissed it. Now it's just a notation in my mind with no proper explanation. 

Sometimes, there are things, I feel, in a part of our minds, that really want to rationally explain it away at the moment. Until later, when one thinks back and goes, 'Wait a minute! That wasn't right!' and then it bugs them later on, like, forever!!! :o 

But, like I said, I look up, anytime I get the chance, just so I can catch something, mundane or not. In the past, I have caught shooting stars, and satellites and various flashes of light, (I can explain or not explain) and things I can't, as I have reported on here for the past................. when ever. 

As for if 'they' are watching us. Well, I can pull out my creep-o-matic meter again, but I also have the philosophy, that if they were, I don't think they seemed to have harmed us up til now, so maybe it's just for educated reasons, or they're helping us or something. I mean, things have been ok, ........... well as ok as it can be, since, right? *shrugs* 

Is that Gilligan?

That is Gilligan!!!!! :o  :D  :tu:  (Man, was Bob Denver busy in his lifetime!! :o  :yes:  ) ......... (And I think that other guy too. Recognize him, but can't place his name. Gonna have to IMDB him to find out and wonder if he too passed.) 

I use to watch the Sid and Marty Kroft programs back then. I think I remember that show, but it boggles me, that I don't remember as much as Bob Denver's other stuff like "Gilligan's Island" and the other show he was on. (You see, my memory sucks. Yeah, I think that 1989 concussion really did a number on me. :o ) 

But, thanks for bringing back the nostalgia, Davros!!!  :tu:  :D  

Edited by Stubbly_Dooright
Fix a word to make a sentence sound right.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I've always put forward that to a human, over a human scale of time, there would be no difference in the observable universe whether it was due to chance, or due to some Creator. However if there is a Creator, then all this was on purpose. And if there is no Creator, then everything that exists could be considered to be just a cosmic burp... or an accident.

If Philip K. Dick was alive today he'd say: ''I warned you!''.

His prophecies on false realities in a digital world and cosmic deep state have become manifest.

Edited by TruthSeeker_

16 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I may have gotten it wrong. But, in a sense, ( :o ) I figured that's what you meant. Though, I wonder if it's just that feeling people get when they are being stared at. You know what I mean? 

Yes. While exploring the woods.

I chalk it up to being suddenly aware of my surroundings from a state of being distracted. I ramp up the feeling from my own mind.

You know what I mean.

But, yeah, I'm still fixated at why the dad was staring at you. I mean, if that was the case, that's like an 8 on the creep-o-matic meter. *shrugs* 

He was just being a protective father making sure I was not looking at Bigguns magazine. 

did-someone-say-bigguns.jpg

You know what I mean.

Sometimes, there are things, I feel, in a part of our minds, that really want to rationally explain it away at the moment. Until later, when one thinks back and goes, 'Wait a minute! That wasn't right!' and then it bugs them later on, like, forever!!! :o 

I know what you mean.

As for if 'they' are watching us. Well, I can pull out my creep-o-matic meter again, but I also have the philosophy, that if they were, I don't think they seemed to have harmed us up til now, so maybe it's just for educated reasons, or they're helping us or something. I mean, things have been ok, ........... well as ok as it can be, since, right? *shrugs* 

Just think the universe could expanded, and contracted a dozen times already? We are just experiencing the present expansion. There could be aliens around from the first expansion/contraction watching us?

Lost-Alien-Asks-An-Old-Man-Relaxing-By-T

• Like 1

On 10/28/2017 at 2:54 AM, davros of skaro said:
On 10/27/2017 at 10:01 AM, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Yes. While exploring the woods.

I chalk it up to being suddenly aware of my surroundings from a state of being distracted. I ramp up the feeling from my own mind.

You know what I mean.

Yes, I do. :yes:  That makes a lot of sense to me. I should have thought of that before. 

He was just being a protective father making sure I was not looking at Bigguns magazine. 

did-someone-say-bigguns.jpg

You know what I mean.

Maaaaaaaaaaybe........ 

............. his bigguns??? ;)  :w00t:  

Just think the universe could expanded, and contracted a dozen times already? We are just experiencing the present expansion. There could be aliens around from the first expansion/contraction watching us?

Lost-Alien-Asks-An-Old-Man-Relaxing-By-T

I see your gif and see that this one seems to pop in my head, and frankly, comes to mind. 

320x240.jpg

• Like 2

There seems to be a division arising between our reality and whom or what god/spirit used to be. The more we explore verifiable information and testable data, the further god/spirit is driven to the parts of the mind that can still imagine; Imagine being part of something untouchable by the corruption, free from the energy fluctuations, the tiniest ant dying or the biggest sun collapsing in on itself. God/spirit seems to be unconcerned with these physical things and allows them to run their course, yet in my darkest moments I can feel something there, a voice whispering in the darkness, saying: "Let there be light!" and "You are not alone". My consciousness, where I just am.

I do find comfort in that place, where no words of man can penetrate. Where I stand alone, clean, unblemished and free of influence; stripped naked of the world its violence and its corruption. That place where my heart is not weighed down by excessive thoughts about this and that, about kings or subjects, about gods or slaves, about my holiness or corruption. In that place resides my candle in the darkness, that is where my God reaches out for me, there is where my heart is warm and content, and there we are one.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nostrodumbass said:

There seems to be a division arising between our reality and whom or what god/spirit used to be. The more we explore verifiable information and testable data, the further god/spirit is driven to the parts of the mind that can still imagine; Imagine being part of something untouchable by the corruption, free from the energy fluctuations, the tiniest ant dying or the biggest sun collapsing in on itself. God/spirit seems to be unconcerned with these physical things and allows them to run their course, yet in my darkest moments I can feel something there, a voice whispering in the darkness, saying: "Let there be light!" and "You are not alone". My consciousness, where I just am.

I do find comfort in that place, where no words of man can penetrate. Where I stand alone, clean, unblemished and free of influence; stripped naked of the world its violence and its corruption. That place where my heart is not weighed down by excessive thoughts about this and that, about kings or subjects, about gods or slaves, about my holiness or corruption. In that place resides my candle in the darkness, that is where my God reaches out for me, there is where my heart is warm and content, and there we are one.

Ditto

Having started out on the way of life everlasting, having accepted the assignment and received your orders to advance, do not fear the dangers of human forgetfulness and mortal inconstancy, do not be troubled with doubts of failure or by perplexing confusion, do not falter and question your status and standing, for in every dark hour, at every crossroad in the forward struggle, the Spirit of Truth will always speak, saying, "This is the way."

• Like 1