Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Identification help

willwalks

44 minutes ago, SSilhouette said:

Or are there?  Possibly introduced? But then again, people do use fake locations when they post on the net.

No there aren't. And if he saw one in Wales and Cornwall, that'd mean they be extremely widely distributed. So we can definitely exclude that. But, why would you suggest that he'd made the locations up? Is it just to support your idea of his having seen a fisher cat,? Which in my opinion is a fairly poor match for his description in the first place. 

• Like 1

Certainly is a puzzle I'm not really a mammal watcher birds are more my thing but this is certainly an interesting one

11 hours ago, SSilhouette said:

Not big enough.  And it the head isn't large enough like the fisher cat's is.  Stoat's arms are way too short too; about half the length of a fisher cat's.  I read the description in the OP and fisher cat fit the bill.  Except for the color.  But they're found all over the US in varying colors so ? Maybe in his region they're lighter.

Here's what the OP said again:

- 1.5 - 2 feet high (not including large and full tail)
- Disproportionately long and "human-like" arms
- Moves primarily on two legs
- Disproportionately large head

Now here's a stoat for comparison to the fisher cat.  See the small head and the short arms?

The sightings are in England, not the US. It says Cornwall and S Wales.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SSilhouette said:

Or are there?  Possibly introduced? But then again, people do use fake locations when they post on the net.

Why are you selecting some of the data to be correct and parts not to be correct?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, stereologist said:

The sightings are in England, not the US. It says Cornwall and S Wales.

No, only one sighting is in England, the other is in Wales. They're both in Britain. 

• Like 3

Wallarbys there's a few of them about although the likelyhood of seeing one let alone two is fairly remote

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt221 said:

Wallarbys there's a few of them about although the likelyhood of seeing one let alone two is fairly remote

Yeah there are a number of those about. In fact that's about the only escaped exotic I'd say was a possibility. It is a possibility. 

• Like 1

If wallaby can living in the UK, Racoons would thrive.  They are smart and can get into anything.  All it would take is one middle class eccentric to think it would make a good pet. 

Its possible its a wild cat and to support my theory cats are nocturnal predators and before domesticated were wild animals there are cats that can fit your description and they are capable of standing on two legs though only for a very small period of time its also possible you were so shocked about what u saw along with your friend and thought it fit your description so its possible u saw a cat also they fit your body description are incredibly agile originally will predators and stand on their legs to pounce on prey this is very well what you say and there may have been something around you or it thought you were trying to steal its meal and or prey