Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man robs churches to 'get back at God'

pallidin

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/17/homeless-man-sentenced-after-pleading-guilty-to-robbing-churches-to-get-back-at-god-report.html

Joseph Woznik, 24, targeted churches between March 21 and April 10 in the areas of Flushing, Woodside and Elmhurst.

"I'm mad at God ... I don’t break into houses, only churches. I break in to get back at God," authorities said Woznik told detectives after being arrested, The Daily News reported.

------------------------------

Yeah, that'll work... lol

• Like 5

I bet he has a 'I only rob Banks' cousin ....

~

• Like 4

He must be watching televangelists and figuring that is the best way. 

It sure does seem like God always needs money. 

• Like 5

He hit churches  because they were easy marks and because a gun usually doesn't live there. Isn't likely he believes in a God to get back at. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Isn't likely he believes in a God to get back at. 

How do you figure? 

• Like 1

Thats taking the old saying "god helps those who helps themselves" a bit too far. 

• Like 7

Churches have always been storehouses of treasure.  The reason churches were made of stone was to protect all the loot that had been amassed through tithes.

When the Vikings discovered this, it became their favorite passtime... and they kept returning to loot the crunchy stone churches and altars with the shiny treasure centers inside.

Perhaps this guy is just a modern Viking.

• Like 4

I can't support breaking of the law, but I respect the guy's conviction. If only he channeled his distaste into something constructive instead.

• Like 1

A thief's a thief, whatever his justifications, deserving no respect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

How do you figure? 

Nobody who actually believes in God wants to p*** him off. The odds he doesn't seems pretty strong.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Doesn't Jesus come as a thief in the night?

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Nobody who actually believes in God wants to p*** him off. The odds he doesn't seems pretty strong.

Surely the only people who would want to annoy God would be those that believe in him. Are you saying that no believer in the history of humanity has ever raised a fist to the heavens in anger at their deity? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

This doesn't seem very forgiving. I think there are many circumstances where theft is not only ok but actually the right thing to do.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

Surely the only people who would want to annoy God would be those that believe in him. Are you saying that no believer in the history of humanity has ever raised a fist to the heavens in anger at their deity? 

I was speaking on the order of probability--not absolutes.

27 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

This doesn't seem very forgiving. I think there are many circumstances where theft is not only ok but actually the right thing to do.

Like when a thief steals your wallets or hacks your bank account or GTAs your car.Or only when it happens to somebody else? Respect isn't something owed, it's something earned.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

Doesn't Jesus come as a thief in the night?

Psst. Could be you, doc.

8 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Psst. Could be you, doc.

:lol:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Like when a thief steals your wallets or hacks your bank account or GTAs your car.Or only when it happens to somebody else? Respect isn't something owed, it's something earned.

A little bit of a narrow view of theft don't you think? I'm not arguing for this guy, just against the sweeping statement that a human doesn't deserve respect because they stole.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, I'mConvinced said:

A little bit of a narrow view of theft don't you think? I'm not arguing for this guy, just against the sweeping statement that a human doesn't deserve respect because they stole.

You sidestepped my question. No, far from being a narrow view--it's the mainstream view, except, of course, among sneak-thieves, who pride themselves on how deft they are at five-fingered discounts.

He is just trying to justify robbing easy targets.

He is the lowest of the low. 

Especially when you consider how churches do alot of charity thongs with their money 

• Like 1

I just find it really amusing that he thought taking money from the church would hurt God. 

What does God need to spend money on? 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Especially when you consider how churches do alot of charity thongs with their money 

Lol, my dirty mind.

• Like 3

Not that I'm saying that I support stealing, but I'm not terribly upset by someone stealing from a church.

I mean a church is basically just 'stealing' from people by means of indoctrination and BS.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Not that I'm saying that I support stealing, but I'm not terribly upset by someone stealing from a church.

I mean a church is basically just 'stealing' from people by means of indoctrination and BS.

It's not that he is stealing from a church that makes it worse for me (anymore more so then other non profits).

As much as he is trying to make some BS justification for it. It is disgusting to me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

He is just trying to justify robbing easy targets.

He is the lowest of the low. 

Hey I got those thongs the good old fashioned way and the church had nothing to do with it unless they hid them under the bed or stuffed them in the couch.:D:whistle:

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
Little buttons fat fingers
  • Like 3