Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man robs churches to 'get back at God'

pallidin

20 minutes ago, internetperson said:

This surgery was suggested to me by a Mayo Clinic doctor. You're proving my point for me, that the med side effects are so bad that you'd opt for such a surgery. Maybe I'm looking from the wrong perspective? I've been to the ER several times, mother stopping my bleeding on my forehead and I looked like Rocky. That ****ed my perspective of life up to put my mother through this. Still you're right there's always someone who has it worse. There are folks in 3rd world countries dealing with this. That being said what's your point? Just stop worrying about it? That's not realistic advice.

I said it in another thread and I'll say it here; I think if we sat down and talked we'd probably realize we're on the same page. The net just makes it a bit different.

We are on the same page and yes it does. It's a particularly emotionally sterile form of communication where intent is often misconstrued. You have my sincerest apologies if I have caused you unintended distress.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

That's your prerogative. I lost a cousin who suffer from severe seizures from epilepsy and was particularly troubled by the medications prescribed. He opted for an untried surgery with no guarantees where they separate the connection between the lobes of the brain. It didn't work, didn't end the seizures and rendered him mentally incapacitated with no control of his bodily functions. My Aunt found him dead in bed, one evening, having vomited in his sleep and aspirating it. No matter how bad we think we've got it, there's always someone worse.

I lost 2 cousins (brothers) who died from epileptic seizures. They Suffocated from a seizure at night while sleeping.  Same way of passing though years apart.. 

4 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

We are on the same page and yes it does. It's a particularly emotionally sterile form of communication where intent is often misconstrued. You have my sincerest apologies if I have caused you unintended distress.

Thanks, much appreciated and all is well. 

It's frustrating for me cause the doctors can willy nilly prescribe what they want, taking a shot in the dark with my health. Ever take your car to the mechanic and they replace several things and still can't find what's wrong with the car and yet you still get charged? This is what was done with my health for years before I finally told the docs I'm not taking any more of their drugs because they clearly don't know what they're doing. What's annoying is these 'medical professionals' look at me like I'm crazy when I say this. I told my doc that she should have to take meds before prescribing them. She thought I was being ridiculous. I think she's being immoral. You can't do that to people that's just wrong. Her rebuttal was that there are warnings explaining possible side effects.. But I mean damn those lists are really long and are there for legal reasons. Also what recourse do I have if I don't want to try the med?

There was 1 particular med that was turning me into an absolute psychopath. It for sure was going to land me in jail, you'd think I was the leader of a biker gang or something I was acting like such a lunatic. This is why I say they should have to take such meds. Or at least sign a waiver making them liable. It is just absolutely wrong. After going through this process for years is when I saw the Mayo Clinic doc and was recommended surgery. I said no instantly because 1 obviously the docs didn't know what's going on in my head if they're blindly throwing meds at me w/o explanation as to why they aren't working, 2 there was no guarantee it'd work, and 3 being in America do I need surgery or does the doc need to make his yacht payment? I remember hearing 1 story of a guy who had to go off his meds before the surgery and he had a seizure so bad he cracked his spine. 

I finally settled with the med I'm on now (depakote) which is so-so at controlling the epilepsy. What's good about it is the side effects aren't too bad, bit of drowsiness and weight gain. I can live with that. 

I could rant about the docs/health care forever. I also have a sever pain condition which manifests randomly throughout the year and then will be like every day for months. It's a rare condition and there aren't any meds for it, the best docs can do is throw opiates at me. They don't even begin to touch the level of pain. I explained this to the doc and she said that if that's the case then I should go to the ER (which I have done a few times)..... So go to the ER several times a day, every day, for months? Are you ****ing kidding me? I'm not Bill Gates. 

Edited by internetperson
  • Like 1

Time for a little music clip intermission ...

~

[00.07:13]

~

You've Got a Friend ... James and Carole from 1971 / 2010 ... ain' it good to know ...

by the 'Hammerworks'

:D

~

• Like 1