Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

325 lb woman killed 9 yr old by suffocation

Keel M.

What happened to good old fashioned spanking? Or a "time out"? Or taking away the child's most prized possession for a period of time? Now the only way to discipline a child is to sit your fat ass on her? WTF is wrong with you?

Florida investigators say a 9-year-old girl is dead after a 325 pound woman sat on her as punishment. Veronica Green Posey is charged with homicide in the death of her 9-year-old cousin, Dericka Lindsay. Escambia County Sheriff's deputies say Posey sat on Lindsay as a punishment for "being out of control". Investigators say Lindsay told both Posey and her parents she couldn't breathe as she was being sat on, but Posey didn't budge for another two minutes. When she got up, the girl wasn't breathing. Lindsay's parents are charged with neglect in the case. 

Story

The parents just sat there and let this avalanche of flab sit on their child and furthermore did nothing while their child was being suffocated?

If this story is indeed true then neither the parents or the aunt deserve the privilege of procreation.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ryu said:

The parents just sat there and let this avalanche of flab sit on their child and furthermore did nothing while their child was being suffocated?

If this story is indeed true then neither the parents or the aunt deserve the privilege of procreation.

Worse than that according to other news articles. Her size aside... the parents called her over to discipline the child, and she had already struck the child with a ruler and a metal pipe and the child fled to the chair before being sat upon.... while the parents watched on.

The woman is facing homicide charges for this, and rightly so. The parents are facing lesser neglect charges. I'm of the opinion that if the initial stories are accurate, the parents should be facing far harsher charges.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rashore said:

Worse than that according to other news articles. Her size aside... the parents called her over to discipline the child, and she had already struck the child with a ruler and a metal pipe and the child fled to the chair before being sat upon.... while the parents watched on.

The woman is facing homicide charges for this, and rightly so. The parents are facing lesser neglect charges. I'm of the opinion that if the initial stories are accurate, the parents should be facing far harsher charges.

I think I'm gonna be sick after reading this...then again maybe that was their intent, to murder the child then claim it was "accidental" or something.

Edited by Ryu

What in the world is wrong with people??   Common sense would dictate that one, you don't have someone else "discipline" your child and two, why in the world would someone sit on a child??!!  I don't understand what's going through people's heads.....:no:

• Like 5

There seems to be an epidemic of abrogation of parental responsibility going on. I see it everyday where I work. I've never encountered so many children who haven't been taught how to behave in public and so many parents who seem indifferent to it. Children taught from a young age to behave usually behave when the grow older, requiring no draconian or physical discipline. A lot of them are children from broken homes and I wonder if it's because of parents trying to out-do each other spoiling them to curry favor. What happened to this child is unconscionable--calling a third party in to do their job which they, apparently, had neglected the child's whole life. I see all three equally responsible.

• Like 4

The problem I am seeing, more than ill-behaved children, is the growing amount of parental ignorance. I am not talking about the innocent naivete but people who think that their children are nothing more than objects to abuse then toss aside.

But then again look at society in general, we treat everything around us as if it is just a cheap, disposable commodity; we do this to our environment and to animals so the next step it to treat children like they are sacks of gravel to be tossed around, beaten and oft times worse.

So what if the child was acting up? Children do that. Any parent that calls in someone especially a biomass of flab to sit on a child and claim this is "discipline" has some serious issues that no amount of "education" will fix. Now the entire family will have to live with their deliberate stupidity (please do not even try to convince me that they didn't know better. Just. Don't.)

Again I ask this, why do we insist on doing stuff to children that we would never allow to be done to ourselves regardless of the supposed rationale and justification?

Children are human beings. Human Beings! Not a bookshelf or a footstool. Human Beings. If we would react with disgust if this was done to an animal (and rightly so) then why should we tolerate this sort of thing when it is done to a child?

Humans seem to have become, overall, increasingly violent, stupid, deliberately ignorant, cruel and dismissive towards anything that might hint at being moral and ethical. Sometimes I just wanna go to the mountains in Tibet or Mongolia and live out the rest of my life in solitude.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2017 at 10:00 PM, tcgram said:

What in the world is wrong with people??   Common sense would dictate that one, you don't have someone else "discipline" your child and two, why in the world would someone sit on a child??!!  I don't understand what's going through people's heads.....:no:

You see, my dear tcgram, Common Sense...it just isn't common anymore. We are adrift in a literal sea of morons.   smh too!

• Like 3