Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sleep paralysis or real encounter?

UM-Bot

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KNash

• Ernest Yeap

• Angela j Arnold

• Drew93

Both. 

Everything comes from the subconscious. If you adjust it, you can get rid of the phenomena.

Your description isn't of classical sleep paralysis, which I have experienced myself. But I think your own conclusions of a mixture of nightmare, sleep paralysis (and some sleep walking) pretty much explains it.

It could be sleep paralysis and a nightmare sort of thing. It is interesting though that it has stayed with you all these years. I am personally convinced there is something real beyond imagination with this typical alien archetype you describe but of course we'll never know with certainty in your particualr case. 

I don't think your experience is typical of sleep paralysis either, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it wasn't due to it either.

Even though many sleep paralysis experiences can be explained by the role of certain neurotransmitters during sleep and the processes occurring between  REM and waking up, I've always thought it was interesting that most people see a "hag" or some other human-like entity when sleep paralysis occurs.

• 2 weeks later...

The chinese call it "gui ya" which means the ghost is pressing or sitting on u. Or it could just be a realistic nightmare where u could control yourself in the dream. I too had that before..

• 1 month later...

I’ve had sleep paralysis where I felt like my covers was being pulled but I’ve never seen anything! When it happens to me I can’t move my body but I can open my eyes ! I’m aware that I can’t move but I can’t control it ! It’s very scary ! 

• 10 months later...