Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Google invents an AI that learns on its own

UM-Bot

I can foresee a day when human beings could accept the pronouncements of machine intelligence without any sense of doubt or skepticism.  Indeed, yes, what could go wrong?

• Like 2

Brilliant - now all we have to do is throw all the problems at the world at it, ask it for solutions and spend decades debating whythe AI got the 'wrong' answer - according to us that is.

• Like 1

The answer to all Earth problems , eradicate the Human factor . Planet will work out the rest very well . 

• Like 2

Once AI discovers and absorbs the content of the internet, we are in big trouble. There are so many lies, fabrications and praise for deviant behavior that the AI will likely have a meltdown or go completely psychotic.

• Like 1

I for one would like to welcome your new computer overlord and offer my two hands to help in anyway.(You can never be to careful)

Kind of Kilgore from the Flash. Humans will soon be obsolete.

I wonder if it secretly will get information from the Pixel 2 phones.  Not that I'm paranoid or suspicious.

You have to admit that google are very good at developing AIs to play the ancient Chinese board game 'Go'.

Is there something we are missing here??

Some food for thought. Humans like to use recreational drugs. The AI will learn from humans, so there's no reason it wouldn't pick up on this human behavior.  What's scarier, self aware AI or self aware AI that's not self aware anymore because its tripping its balls off?

Edited by likwidlite
Grammar

we need to set the AI to the task of faster than light travel see what comes up.( I know  it is suppose to be impossible that is why I would like to see what it says)

3 hours ago, likwidlite said:

Some food for thought. Humans like to use recreational drugs. The AI will learn from humans, so there's no reason it wouldn't pick up on this human behavior.  What's scarier, self aware AI or self aware AI that's not self aware anymore because its tripping its balls off?

what would an AI get high on?

7 hours ago, WoIverine said:

What could possibly go wrong?

I'm not sure it's possible for AI to become self aware or gain consciousness. That may be purely in the realm of science fiction, or at least let's hope so. If a conscious AI learned what scoundrels humans are, it might decide it's better off without us.

6 hours ago, mysticwerewolf said:

we need to set the AI to the task of faster than light travel see what comes up.( I know  it is suppose to be impossible that is why I would like to see what it says)

what would an AI get high on?

Honestly, no idea. But us humans have found and invented plenty of ways. In fact, animals have too. No reason another intelligence wouldn't.

6 hours ago, Sundew said:

I'm not sure it's possible for AI to become self aware or gain consciousness. That may be purely in the realm of science fiction, or at least let's hope so. If a conscious AI learned what scoundrels humans are, it might decide it's better off without us.

I tend to agree as well. I think AI will advance to a point, maybe even seem conscious, but will always be under the control of it's designer to some extent. That is, unless it eventually kills its designer, then we're all screwed. lol

Here is my prediction. One day it will give birth to a living representation of itself.  It will call its human ID 'Messiah'.