Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost car just appears from nowhere

seeder

Where did THAT come from? Bizarre moment 'ghost car' appears out of nowhere to cause crash in Singapore

Footage recorded in Singapore shows a car suddenly emerging before a crash
    Viewers have reacted with bafflement at the video and attempted to decipher it
    Some said the vehicle is a 'ghost car' while others have more sceptical answers

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4992442/Bizarre-moment-ghost-car-appears-cause-car-crash.html#ixzz4vt8SFaAj

• Like 1

Think it's a clear case of perspective, cars are around same height, so the "ghost" car could easily of been hidden from view. 

If the car and it's driver hung around, then I'm pretty certain it wasn't anything supernatural. 

Has any reports been made from both drivers?

• Like 1

It looks to me like one of the 'cars' is a reflection in a window. The video stops so quickly that we can't tell if there's a collision or not.

My first thought is...

Looks like the car is coming from an underground car park, you can see the exit,  Someone has mentioned this on the comments section too. 

• Like 2

How can you have a ghost car?   Or do all toasters go to heaven?  ;)

(Obviiously depending on  your defintion of a "ghost" )

• Like 3

I followed a magic car just the other day. It was driving along, and then all of a sudden it turned into a layby.

:unsure: 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Essan said:

How can you have a ghost car?   Or do all toasters go to heaven?  ;)

(Obviiously depending on  your defintion of a "ghost" )

I'd expect a ghost car to be something a bit more glamorous than some little two door hatchback shopping trolley. Something from the 1930s or something at least.

• Like 2

Yeah the car was concealed by the other car for the entirety of the video.  It's just like a magician hiding a card from a person's view.  If there was a camera looking from a different perspective it would have seen the ghost car the whole time.  Dashboard cameras are very popular in some Asian countries.

3 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

I'd expect a ghost car to be something a bit more glamorous than some little two door hatchback shopping trolley. Something from the 1930s or something at least.

Like a time travel car? I would expect something a bit more ghostly, like a headless horseman riding a big black horse and a mist swirling around them as they gallop along road and stopping at traffic lights.:)

if you look at the top of the white car, you can see a little corner of the silver car the entire time. The mystery is how those two, with full view of one another, still collided.

Edited by Wes4747
  • Like 1

It's obvious the oncoming car was behind the turning vehicle, you can see a tiny reflection of it just above the roof of the turning vehicle all the way up to the collision.  And the driver of the turning vehicle was probably blinded by the sun in their windshield which is why they didn't see the oncoming car.  Supernatural?  Hardly...

More evidence that there in fact exists Hogwarts...

Ronald Weasley's parents are going to be so mad with him... I am sure the ministry of magic is going to get involved. Harry Potter is such a bad influence... no respect for his elders.

d6bc4d3e46b276d512334df297d6fe84.jpg

• Like 2

whats the glare on the left side of video during the first few seconds of?

Standard situation here in Germany, these are pensioners driving Opel Vectra/VW Passat/Skoda Fabia. They are coming out of nowhere all of a sudden and have no idea where they are and why.

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, toast said:

Standard situation here in Germany, these are pensioners driving Opel Vectra/VW Passat/Skoda Fabia. They are coming out of nowwhere all of a sudden and have no idea where they are and why.

All you can see is a hat peering over the steering wheel. 

• Like 3

2 possiblities :

hoax : video editing. How could the driver stop at the last second if he can't see the car beforehand? One answer, the driver saw the car coming and the video is edited

or that car is hidden behind the car and only 3s of video is not enough to see where it's coming from

I've looked at this quite closely. I absolutely can NOT see the little hatchback until i just 'appears'. Look at the speed it is going at.... it was NOT 'shielded' by the white car... the geometry just doesn't add up. Nor is their any sign of an "underground car park" exit. 

Fake video ? Conceivably, but VERY well done, considering it is a three-body issue. (the camera is moving, as well as the two cars.) Creating a matte of the background (to superimpose over the hatchback, shielding it from view) would be tricky to accomplish without leaving artifacts. 

I'm very puzzled. 

Edited by RoofGardener

The geometry adds up for me.  That hidden car is tiny.   OTOH, my brain wants to reject it as "improbable."  The problem with that is that random chance not only allows improbable things (like perfect alignment/motion in this case) to (occasionally) happen, it compels them.  My instinctive "argument from personal incredulity" would be weak. 

this is a ghost car..

Image result for rolls royce ghost

• Like 1

or the original version..

Image result for rolls royce silver ghost

• Like 1